Madolche Gathering

The Nyx Avatar

For this card, my main intent is in the first effect. First and foremost, I want Madolches to have an additional Summon. The second effect is mainly for Madolche cards that depend on a monster-free Graveyard to work, and the last one is on the off chance one ends up in the Graveyard or banished.

uXZMUbg.jpg

Continuous Spell Card

During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Madolche" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Up to twice per turn: You can shuffle 1 monster from your Graveyard into your Deck. If this card leaves the field: You can Special Summon 1 "Madolche" monster that is banished or in your Graveyard.

IDK about this card. Madolches already can get crazy with the support of Brilliant Fusion; I even saw a play where they make use of the Seraphinite for Choco-Puddingcess. So, a card like this could take them to insane levels, or at least make them rely less on the Brilliant engine, but again, IDK, tests would need to be made.

IDK about this card. Madolches already can get crazy with the support of Brilliant Fusion; I even saw a play where they make use of the Seraphinite for Choco-Puddingcess. So, a card like this could take them to insane levels, or at least make them rely less on the Brilliant engine, but again, IDK, tests would need to be made.

"Crazy" is an exaggeration. The Deck can run into bricking with the Brilliant Fusion engine. It's still rather slow and feeble, even if you do happen to draw Brilliant Fusion.

Well, the deck I saw established strong boards in a single turn with the assistance of Brilliant, although to be fair it used the currently-banned Damajuggler to get Hattricker, but then again, it could very well replace Juggler with Trick Clown. Also, it wasn't using the Terrortop nor Predaplant engines, which in theory should allow Madolches play more smoothly, especially the latter to grab Brilliant and then go for Invoker.

Well, the deck I saw established strong boards in a single turn with the assistance of Brilliant, although to be fair it used the currently-banned Damajuggler to get Hattricker, but then again, it could very well replace Juggler with Trick Clown. Also, it wasn't using the Terrortop nor Predaplant engines, which in theory should allow Madolches play more smoothly, especially the latter to grab Brilliant and then go for Invoker.

In theory. On paper, it may look like a good idea, but in execution, it does not always work out.

I made this one so the archetype could function on its own, without the need of any engine.

Yeah, I agree. Hence why I stated that tests would need to be made.

The idea of making the archetype more self-sufficient is fine, but when you consider the possibility of stacking both the Brilliant engine and this card... yeah.

By the way, here is the deck I'm taking as reference:

Of course, I understand it stood against a deck that had no responses to its plays, but point is how they can establish such strong boards if not disrupted. Also note that the Damajuggler/Hat Tricker didn't have any major role in either of the duels; in the first one it was used for Dweller, but it could very well have been a self-revived Trick Clown and adapting the combos accordingly. The player was lucky to open Brilliant too, but that's where the Predaplant engine can come in to assist.

Yeah, I agree. Hence why I stated that tests would need to be made.

I have tried it out with Terrortop, Taketomborg, and M-X-Saber Invoker, but it doesn't leave much impact (and that's if you manage to create that set-up), as for Brilliant Fusion, I've already talked about that, but I have yet to try it with Predaplant, so maybe I should try that. But even so, I would rather Madolche have more Madolche and less of these cards.

I have tried it out with Terrortop, Taketomborg, and M-X-Saber Invoker, but it doesn't leave much impact (and that's if you manage to create that set-up), as for Brilliant Fusion, I've already talked about that, but I have yet to try it with Predaplant, so maybe I should try that. But even so, I would rather Madolche have more Madolche and less of these cards.

I edited my previous post with a more elaborated response. As said above, my main concern is stacking both this and Brilliant for 2 extra Normal Summons; at the very least it will translate into a Rank4 + a search through Magileine. But I agree it's theory territory at this point.

And yeah, maybe the Predaplant engine is what they are missing.

You could try to word it, so that those could not be stacked (something like "you can normal summon another time. during the turn you activate this card you cannot normal summon more than twice (even with card effects)").

If I recall, effects worded "in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)" do not allow you to utilize two effects worded like this. So if you for whatever reason bring out two Gem-Knight - Seraphinite, you won't be able to have 3 Normal Summons.

If I recall, effects worded "in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)" do not allow you to utilize two effects worded like this. So if you for whatever reason bring out two Gem-Knight - Seraphinite, you won't be able to have 3 Normal Summons.

https://ygorganization.com/doublesummonlist/

Ah, that's right. Since this card is written with the same clause as Seraphinite's, it wouldn't stack with it. So yeah, no x2 Normal Summons from playing both, so it should be fine. My apologies for overlooking this.

https://ygorganization.com/doublesummonlist/

Ah, that's right. Since this card is written with the same clause as Seraphinite's, it wouldn't stack with it. So yeah, no x2 Normal Summons from playing both, so it should be fine. My apologies for overlooking this.

It's fine, I could understand your confusion. About a month or two ago, I myself looked this up and did a test of it with Seraphinite (it took a while before I got the hand I wanted, but once I got both out, I was only allowed two total Normal Summons; not three). No harm in reassurance.

Archived