Firewall Dragon

vj2.jpg?resize=300%2C179&ssl=1

Firewall Dragon
Light Cyverse / Link / Effect
Link 4 2500 / T L R B
Monsters (min. 2)
(1) Once, while this card is face-up, during either player’s turn: You can target a number of monsters on the field and/or in the Graveyards, up to the number of monsters in a Mutual Link with this card; return them to the hand.
(2) If a monster linked by this card is destroyed by battle or sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well at least its a cyverse type

its actually nice that Firewall being able amass additional card advantage...so you can either branch your strategy by summoning some more ED or just to  walling up your self till you get ready for it

theoretically as a "Base form" it can prepare it self to ladder to better links 

hmmm Mutual Link wording eh? 2 Links that linked each other? which i suppose will be easier with his 2nd effect and damn that up to four 3 spins

Quite odd, but also pretty decent, as a Link-4 that just requires monsters, that makes it pretty special to me, and the last effect is neat, since you can destroy an opponent's monster and get a summon to boot. I'm unsure why it's called Firewall Dragon since it has little to do with protection, maybe there's gonna be something later to explain that, and of course of course it has 2500 ATK, go figure, they can never stray too far away from that.

Quite odd, but also pretty decent, as a Link-4 that just requires monsters, that makes it pretty special to me, and the last effect is neat, since you can destroy an opponent's monster and get a summon to boot. I'm unsure why it's called Firewall Dragon since it has little to do with protection, maybe there's gonna be something later to explain that, and of course of course it has 2500 ATK, go figure, they can never stray too far away from that.

Did Stardust Dragon's destruction-negation effect have anything to do with cosmic particles or phenomena?

This does seem like a pretty solid ace card, and probably will be a cornerstone Link Monster. It gets its best usage in the #2 or #4 Main Monster Zone, right behind the Extra Monster Zones, but also works well in any of the Zones.

Quite glad someone brought up Scapeghost along with Scapegoat. Yeah it's a flip, but I think it may be worth teching. Also bc Gofu may get hit. A lot of Synchro combos are coming back since Tokens are confirmed okay.

SS Link Slayer, SS The Tricky discard Dandylion, NS Cyverse Gadget bring back Dandy, raise hell. Something like that lol I'm a casual.

Wait, for that (2) effect: destroyed by battle OR sent to the Graveyard? Meaning if the opponent kills a linked monster with Dark Law, you can Special Summon? Or if you pop a Linked monster with Dragonic Diagram/Fire King Island/Sky Iris, you can immediately Summon the monster you searched?

Alternatively... It could just be a typo and the word should be "and" rather than "or".

Did Stardust Dragon's destruction-negation effect have anything to do with cosmic particles or phenomena?

It feels like you're comparing apples to oranges here, if a card has such an on the nose name, in a theme that's suppose to be about computers, wouldn't it make a lot of sense to do similar things to what they would be in computers? A firewall protects, if the card was named "Protection Dragon", it would probably be quite a bit strange to have it Special Summon monsters instead. Stardust Dragon has nothing to do with Stardust in effect, because what would that be, like you said, but it has a lot to do with it in its design instead as well as its upgrade versions like Quasar and what not.

So this is likely to be (by far) the best Link monster thus far. Considering its "generic salvage" effect, on top of being completely generic for its link (and effect restrictions). As mentioned before the 2 useful goat cards turned even better. Edit: Presumably one can execute this play: Flip Ghost, summon 4 Tokens, Token -> Link Spider-> Firewall Dragon below it -> recycle Scapeghost.

Wiki doesn't have mutual link, so may simply be linked Monsters?

That is one of the most gorgeous looking cards I've seen in a long time, reminds me of Shooting Star dragon.

Effect wise, seems pretty good, depending on the meaning of mutual link. I still can't believe they're letting us use tokens for these.

What token source are you using for these that isn't sheet or requires laddering

Gofu, I guess?

The token bawwing is overblown and old by now

What token source are you using for these that isn't s*** or requires laddering

Gofu, I guess?

The token bawwing is overblown and old by now

Quite likely to simply be actually filled link zones. As for Mass Token summoning effects ... exchange sheet for slow and I agree. Oh and by the way Cyverse Gadget is not a terrible token source either.

Well, the term "Mutual Link" was just announced/leaked on this card, so it's too soon to expect a wiki entry on it. Should be safe to say that it refers to 2 Link Monsters with markers towards each other.

Cyverse now makes sense as a new type. It specifically refers to things relating to computer programs. Decode Talker is a Decryption Program, Honeybot is flash memory, etc. This lines up with the importance placed on virtual reality in the new series, and has important distinctions from previous types. 

As for the card itself, it seems the real star of the show has revealed itself. And I am impressed. The bounce effect is incredibly powerful, since it shorts the investment placed in link monster, which is now an important step in advancing a board position. Since the effect is at SS2, it can even be used as disruption (chaining to a fusion spell would leave them with the fusion monster in EMZ, forcing them to use it as link material. Can anybody say value?). Even being able to bounce 1 monster is crazy powerful, let alone the potential maximum, depending on what the hell is going on with that translation. Not to mention it can be used to blank revival effects, recover resources, or even bounce Firewall to protect/reuse it.

The second effect is similar to Aurum, if Aurum's effect was absolutely insane.

Well right now Cyverse Gadget + a way to mill Bittron + Slayer/Bittron + Soul Charge leads into double Honeybot + Firewall Dragon, all in the center below one's ED zone, cute at best however still an interesting play. Edit: I messed up, Gadget reviving Bitron + Soul Charge (paying 3k) suffices for the same field.

You have pretty high standards, but I'd venture Dandy

"Or requires laddering"

We currently lack a generic 2-mat, so Dandy doesn't fit the bill.

Dandy may be earth, but what allows you to easily summon it AND is earth

dont say crane crane

Archived