Gladial Beast Noxius

Gladial Beast Noxius / Gladiator Beast Noxius

f67854b4-s.jpg

Dark Beast-Warrior / Effect
LV5 0/1000
(1) When an opponent’s monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, switch that attack target to this card, and proceed to damage calculation. This card cannot be destroyed by this battle.
(2) If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a “Gladiator Beast” monster: You can send 1 “Gladiator Beast” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.
(3) At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle this card into the Deck; Special Summon 1 “Gladiator Beast” monster from your Deck, except “Gladiator Beast Noxius”.

The direct attack is kinda really annoying but it fills a bunch of rando niches with a bunch of meem interactions.

Off the top of my head, sets up Darius, triggers off Octavius, is actually useful in hand so searching with Glad Beast War Chariot or Zoodiac Broadbull actually means something whereas in most other cases you're just adding a Normal Summon that does nothing (albeit, adding this card still does nothing until your field is clear/until you field Octavius)

Level 4 for Tenki would've been nice, always would be nice, but w/e

P sure card is meant to be Fusion Material, mainly.

Is this a random GB support, or should we expect more?

And yeah, looks alright as an emergency wall and for setting up Darius, but it being Level 5 instead of 4 doesn't help.

Expect more, as this was used by the Battle Beast (seen in the top left) in Arc-V. Also, I'm not 100% sure, but since this it is a Glad Beast, wouldn't SSing it using its effect trigger the mill, or would there be no place for it to actually trigger and resolve?

Expect more, as this was used by the Battle Beast (seen in the top left) in Arc-V. Also, I'm not 100% sure, but since this it is a Glad Beast, wouldn't SSing it using its effect trigger the mill, or would there be no place for it to actually trigger and resolve?

It would trigger the mill I believe, before the battle resolves.

Yes, the second effect should trigger from its first effect.

(what happened backstage...)

Konami: We need to print a new GB card. Ideas?

Worker1: Andabatae?

Worker2: Tamer Editor!

Worker3: Test Fusion?!

Worker4: Nah, screw it, just pitch in some random sheet, how about Noxious?

Konami: (stares)

Worker4: (stares)

(handshake)

*of all the cool GB cards featured in the anime, they chose this above the rest? the heck?

[Gaiodiaz my man, when will you ever see the light of day?]

(what happened backstage...)

Konami: We need to print a new GB card. Ideas?

Worker1: Andabatae?

Worker2: Tamer Editor!

Worker3: Test Fusion?!

Worker4: Nah, screw it, just pitch in some random sheet, how about Noxious?

Konami: (stares)

Worker4: (stares)

(handshake)

*of all the cool GB cards featured in the anime, they chose this above the rest? the heck?

[Gaiodiaz my man, when will you ever see the light of day?]

Why do you presume that they won't print some of the others?

or maybe, this is just Konami trying to give us some false hype to this archetype, remember the Nekroz card effect that states "trap"? years later, i'm still not seeing that one. xD

To be fair, they also took their time to release a Shaddoll Trap Card that Shaddoll Core could grab so yeah, there is always the possibility of legacy support.

i should really hope so, since this is the first solid deck that I have used since the early PSP days (nostalgia, my sweet friend), but I must say that they should put a hard OPT on either Andabatae or Editor if they are to be released, since I saw a combo to them in youtube recently, and I must say, those two cards could spam the hell themselves pretty easily, laddering towards some sick xyz plays... I even once saw somebody throwing a maxx c which ends up in his defeat, due to the insane loop combo of Editor + Essidarii, ending in a deckout with just those two monsters on the field. xD

to those unaware:

(Editor & Essidarii are both level 5 & higher, setting the condition to return these two to ED and summon Editor, which could summon Essidarii to the field and the loop goes on and on... xD)

-at least Konami should print Test Fusion, if not those two, heaven knows GB players deserve that Gaiodiaz. :P

Archived