Draconus's AGM Legacy Support Thread! (543 total cards!)

Draconus297

So let's see what kind of stuff came up this time.

YCM mod project (you know why this is so)

Cup Bearer's effect works fine because all of the Rituals are even-Level. As much as I want to say its (1) effect requires some form of restriction due to interactions with its secondary effect (which would be helpful in the later part of the game), you probably won't be Ritual Summoning with it twice. Then again, reveal one of the Supers, get instant Tribute fodder for Zai and Smear. 

Firefighter Dragon

(Time to grade legacy support for that attempt at making a less-shitty version of AoJ. Should also be noted that you literally need Azure to make a lot of the plays guaranteed)

Tactics is free SSing no matter what off of blowing up stuff, but the Deck plays can't hurt either. Also the attaching self as Xyz Material effect (probably should mention Xyz Monster specifically for clarity, but since TCG changed it with Cipher Blade, probably don't have to). 

Keshitomeru is another searcher; I guess it does fuel the Graveyard for Fēnfāng to revive and make repeated Rank 4 members early game, so that works. Revival is fine too. Only issue is that they're still limited to the 6 Main Deck monsters I made for them. It's fine though. 

Doshaburi literally requires opponent to either play FIREs by default or again, use Azure to force it. Normal requirements don't matter too much except for this Deck, and even then, you're going to Zoo ladder most of the time anyway (well, if you need to). 1 detach is fine; let's punish Spell Counter decks now, shall we? 2 probably won't do much, though knocking out the Solemn traps and other negation is helpful. 3 detach effect, again, relies on Azure to force things; if you can pull it off, you should win. 

[tl;dr, you really need that new Xyz I gave them to make things work.]

Fantasy Wyvern

(Rìluò = sunset; note to self that "nichibotsu / yuuyake" is the Japanese equivalent)

Hoshi works fine to make quick Level 6 / 7s with the existing members; you're not making Getsumei though because they don't have Level 6s (or at the moment, I don't recall giving them one).

Not sure how Rìluò is going to be summoned in Fantasy Wyverns, unless you use Hoshi, one of the Level 4s and the Level 3s. You probably could've left it as a 2-mat so it could be accessed via Hoshi + Yuèguāng (the Level 7) through laddering. Protection effect is fine and least blocks getting Raigeki'd or however else destruction removal exists nowadays. Draw effect is okay; iffy about sending this back to the ED just for a free draw (though yeah, they don't have revival options for the bigger members). Then again, I would suggest this in a Metaphys build once the material requirements are changed, but that's tentative depending on what they got. (Or make it Level 10 so you can at least use both of the "midday" members plus Hoshi, or any "setting sun" + Hoshi + Level 3s).

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just like to clarify that each individual Hoshi you use could be a Tuner or not, making double Hoshi a Level 4 Synchro, and 2x Hoshi and the Level 5 a Riluo.

But yeah, I gave Riluo Trishula requirements because, with the way its effect is worded, it stacks, making it so that destruction effects are utterly worthless if you get three on board.

Unless you can use repeated sweep destruction attempts to break triple Rìluò boards (however possible it comes out being, even with the restriction toned down; I literally can't name anything that would be able to break that [there are some cards that could break a triple board without triggering / targeting, but they're obscure as heck]). But fair enough on Hoshi. (I probably skipped over that while reviewing; that also works).

[Also need to cross-reference my own stuff, because I can't remember all of that in an instant.]

Come to think of it, none of the other active AGM users have made any comments on the stuff you've made.

I'll comment on my stuff first.

T-Rocks Shuncos has an interesting boost effect, maxing out at about 2k late game. Perhaps a little weaker than I would like, but adding 50 might be a bit much. Basic SS on destruction, and I guess with all the boosts from T-Rocks it's a decent addition.

T-Rocks Forgery provides another means to SS Rituals, but I feel that one of the from Deck effects can be dropped, especially with that adding when milled. I would suggest the Tributing from the Deck, as already Summoning from the Deck is pretty neat.

Gold Spear Armory gives yet another means to mill, and provides a tiny bit of burn to that, which allows for a little bit of poking your opponent should your attack boost go nowhere. I think the SSing from the Grave should target, considering the amount of monsters you could get. Still a useful card.

Plugging another archetypal hole with Combazord, huh? Gives Normal Summon, an alternate Summoning condition should you be missing the Fusion, extra battle damage for battling, extra effects when battling, heck this card fits well with flavour and balance. Searching could perhaps do a with only from the Graveyard or from the Deck, but still a very useful card.

Illuzord provides the obvious Prisma to the archetype. Missing the Union text, and could possibly do with that effect, but I think the fact that its a complete plus by milling could do with a Summon restriction, limiting it to Zords. Not a massive nerf, but something to just prevent from being a complete definite if there is even the slightest hint of a Zord in a deck.

Zordjacking worries me, as it is a Stormforth with no restriction on your ED. Yes, it targets, but it also doesn't need to use that monster. Would add a restriciton on either Summons for the whole turn or just the rest of turn. Also, HOPT on that stuff, especially with a killer Summon and a killer search.

The Akkedis is a power booster and a definite must-have in the Deck, granting a search without a Normal Summon. Effect negation prevention is a great motivation to get out their effects in the first place, and the Summoning on battle damage helps power the archetype. My only complaint in the lack of HOPT on all effects; I mean, you get to keep attacking and SSing monster as long as you have a full ED, and if you draw 3 of this card you already get 3 searches.

Will comment on Venom, Toon, Malefic and Predaplant later.

Toon Vigilizard is accurate to its namesake, and the banished recyclign fits with its main effect and gives the benefit of recycling. I think the fact that it SSs itself from your hand with no cost, and that some of new support already does that, really overshadows Mermaid, especially with its boosted effect. I think it could do with a LP cost as it has pretty decent stats. But yeah, a must-run regardless.

Photon Dragon gives your removal, and is finally a pretty neat boss for it. Again, perhaps too much of a problem with power, as it not only keeps the opponent's monster banished via this non-targeting removal, but it gives you a search through your banished cards from kingdom (not exactly a search, more like a draw, but w/e) I would suggest keeping on effect or the other, not both.

Rerun is powerful. It gives you 3 tribute materials and a toon whenever you draw it, and this is ignoring the fact that you might draw 3. HOPT on that stuff, but...perhaps it doesn't need super HOPT on both effects. But yeah, without HOPT on this, and you draw 3 and have 3 toons in your Graveyard, including Cannon Soldier (Foolish Burial), you can deal...6000 damage. Nevermind, thought it would be more. Maybe you could draw monsters to SS and tribute, but even that is too obscure. Hm. Actually, you know what, it's fine. Probably. 

Reverse Gear seems (and is) a great idea, up until the last effect. It's not staying on the field; why do you want to have a continuous field effect?

Hope is a great malefic, giving you some LP in case you need it, true to form, and allows for some revival.

Amulet is again, a good card. Blanket negation and some revival for non-Malefics. Nothing more to say here.

Aeon is a pretty decent rammer, granting you a search, effect negation, and proper removal to prevent floating. Since it dies, and doesnt SS, you can SS another Malefic from your hand to protect yourself against your opponent's now weakened field.

Clear Wing...really wants to Synchro. Like, really really wants to. I'm glad you made another Malefic Synchro, as Paradox is not useful at all. Anywho, it does bridge into Fallacy quite well, and joins Stardust in the realm of protection and keeping your Malefics on the field. Most of these are really good.

Since Malefics prevent you from controlling, not Summoning (even though that does fall under control), multiple monsters, perhaps Fallacy should be a little more specific in that area. This card is a bit too powerful in my opinion; it would be great support by itself, but with all the other great support you've made, it could do without either the search of the destruction, as you already have quite a bit in that regard.

Selector is iffy, but I guess since Malefics are rather lacking in the draw section more searching wouldn't hurt. Perhaps go with the anime and banish two?

Paradigm shift is decent, and a neat take on the anime card. Really, you just have to worry about power plays with this support as a whole; activating a Field Spell and SSing a monster seems a bit much with all the other stuff, although I can't really seeing you doing one and not the other. Perhaps you should be more specific with where you are activating from with some cards...idk.

Future seems redundant with all the other support you have going on. I mean, it's not like it's hard to Summon your Synchro, and yes, this card does protect your field, but the on destruction effect will rarely become active, and with the LP cost that steep you may as well just run Stardust. Tbh, although they are lacking in Traps, I don't think they need them. It's fine as is.

Now, both new Toons can only use their neat Summoning conditions once per turn, so that Blade Captain doesn't completely powercreep Mermaid (who can be spammed in triples with the right hand), and so that two Mermaids and a Kingdom in your opening hand don't mean up to three 3K beaters with removal. Also, Toon Galaxy-Eyes now has to be the aggressor to get the card recoup.

Reverse Gear only has its extra effect in case you get stuck with a Malefic you can't Tune with on board (say, Cyber End), and you don't have any better Malefic monsters to tune with Reverse Gear. Alternatively, if your opponent removes an important Malefic in response to Reverse Gear's Summon, Reverse Gear can give you back your field presence, with potentially things like a 5K Clear Wing or an 8K Cyber End.

Fixed the relevant text on Future and Fallacy Dragon, also Fallacy Dragon doesn't search.

Paradigm Shift can no longer activate Malefic World from the Deck.

To be fair, regarding Future's cost, you only pay it if you don't have any Malefic monster's on board.

Right, sorry.

Bog does a lot for one card. Gives you a search, gives protection, places counters, gives stat boosts and ignores counters on Venom. But then I again, I guess they need it. I would suggest one nerf, and why not combine that nerf with fixing the awkwardly phrased last effect? It says "would be destroyed or targeted", but the thing is you write "would be destroyed" or "is targeted" as destruction generally if not always happens at resolution, whereas targeting happens at activation. I would suggest choosing one or the other. Probably should have HOPT on activation as well.

Altar to the Snake Deity gives an identical search, so put HOPT on this one's activation as well. Too much of a good thing, you know? This one grants speed and Fusion...and judging by the only Venom Fusions we currently have, I'm seeing some potential tie-ins with Predaplants, no? Also gives some speed when destroyed, so good card, but put that HOPT on it.

Venom Strike gives some stat boosting and minimizing, and destroys your opponent's hand advantage. I would suggest a "except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard" to make sure you can't immediately banish it from your Graveyard, basically putting two effects into one combination.

Call is nice. Useful only in certain situations, but yet has few restrictions. Probably would recommend forcing it to select one with a different name, but otherwise a good card.

Mandatory HOPT on the first effect of Python, can't have a hand search with absolutely no HOPT in today's YGO anymore, not with so many other searchers which can search this and can be searched. Gives you some swarming when you lose some field presence, and gives some basic Venom counter placement.

Viper probably should say "you can place", but isn't broken, I think. I can't see any potential loops with this card, so the Summoning effect and the counter placement is fine.

Garter's Summon effect should probably activate, and have HOPT. You have so much searching in this set, there are so many potential loops and combos. Second effect seems reminiscent of MtG, but is still worthwhile when it comes to distribution.

Hatchling opens up the door for so much splashing, but is still restricted to Reptile monsters. I mean, this card has no fast way of getting itself out outside of other card, so you could probably get away with allowing it to change DARK monsters to Venom monsters. Also opens the door again for more Predaplant plays. Gives you a way to place Venom Counters and provides more speed when banished. Good stuff.

Here we have our first crossover in Altis. Nice counter placement on both effects, and last effect helps with swarming and ties in both archetypes with their battle and modification effects.

Cobrallis is the Predaplant counterpart to Altis, and I wasn't expecting something like this to happen. I'd have thought that one would suffice, but why not. Dunno why it's a tuner, but it allows for Synchro plays, I guess. A bit annoyed by the ATK boosting affect, as it immediately makes it better than Fly Hell, but just because that card's bad it doesn't mean this card can't be good.

Lieu is an odd choice of words on Vennomaster, and perhaps instead is better, but it's just OCG. I like how the last effect doesn't loop with itself, and so doesn't require an HOPT. Counter placement is neat, and the extra Normal Summon keeps up the speed of the archetype despite it's Tribute requirement.

Hydra combines with the Graveyard filling part of the archetype, with that speed on destruction. Also combines nicely with what Venom Counters actually do, with multi-attacking and placement on attacking. I just wish this archetype had more protection for Venom Swamp, as otherwise Venom Counters are mostly useless. Also nice to see Fusions finally coming back.

Basilisk takes a tab off of that Level 8 Predaplant, by giving an alternate use to Venom Counters. Also gives some swarming to tie into ATK loss and battle, so that's something. Shame your opponent might have battle effects themselves, but hopefully you can find some way to throw in a UTL effect to make sure their effects can still go off. Not just in these cards effects, maybe as a continuous spell or something.

Gorgon counteracts swarms, and is a Synchro. Don't know how I feel about giving the archetype two different summoning mechanics when it had one before (main deck), but it probably does allow for more variations on the deck to be played. This card also grants a faster and more easily activated way to swarm, but as for the non-targeting banishing...not only does it do two but it can be used in the Graveyard if your opponent has no monsters. I would suggest just leaving it at 1 on the field and 1 in the Graveyard.

Ah, a Venom Fusion. Fun. Basically a ton of absorption and useful abilities on Spiteful, but perhaps the no HOPT on the Summon from the Graveyard and the fact that it doesn't activate should be remedied, so that your opponent has more of a chance of removal.

Wrathful Dragon is decent, but the "would activate" really throws me. How does this work? Considering this monster's effect is at activation, it negates it before it resolves, before the chain even begins to form, and I don't really know how that would work. I mean, the card itself is fine, other than that, but is it intentional to behave that weirdly?

Predaplant Manticorvous gives Predaplants some much needed swarming (seem you do have a lot of swarming in these cards). Gives you the alternate searching to complement Rafflesia, and the ATK boosting effect could probably do with a tiny bit more of a boost, as, yes, it does help against XYZs, the most it can do in Predaplants is +900 with the boss. Not much at all, currently, but then again all it does need is an effect monster, so that's probably fine.

Basi - not even going to try - gives more reasons to place Predator Counters, actually does some placing itself, and gets some ATK boosting. Decent card in offensive predaplants, perhaps not for the engine.

Profit makes me think that the commas in effects you had early did not denote continuous effects, but activating effects. I would ask you to be more explicit in future, as I really did think those revival effects were really powerful XD Assuming activation on all effects for Predaprofit, it gives you some neat draws, but the HOPT makes the last restriction unnecessary. Also, the allowing of greedy venom to trigger the draw from the ED might be nice to extend to all Venom Fusions, to boost that Predavenom deck.

This was a TON of work. Will eventually get back to you on Predaplants, but weow,

The thing is that Altar can't search itself, and Bog can neither search itself nor Altar, so essentially unless you open up with multiples of Altar you won't be doing anything particularly crazy, especially with their search pool not having much that's particularly powerful.

Umm . . . Gorgon isn't a Synchro. Where did you read Synchro? It's a 3-mat Fusion.

Predaprofit has been changed to let you plus off any Fusion Dragon Summon, but because of how easy it is to Summon Wrathful Venom in quite a few non-Predaplant Decks (Dark Magician and Shaddoll Decks, now that they're in the AGM, most notably), I'm going to hold off on removing its final restriction, because a +2 that can potentially go off every turn isn't exactly good for the state of the game.

I cleaned up some commas into colons, to align more properly with more modern card text.

The thing is that Altar can't search itself, and Bog can neither search itself nor Altar, so essentially unless you open up with multiples of Altar you won't be doing anything particularly crazy, especially with their search pool not having much that's particularly powerful.

Umm . . . Gorgon isn't a Synchro. Where did you read Synchro? It's a 3-mat Fusion.

Predaprofit has been changed to let you plus off any Fusion Dragon Summon, but because of how easy it is to Summon Wrathful Venom in quite a few non-Predaplant Decks (Dark Magician and Shaddoll Decks, now that they're in the AGM, most notably), I'm going to hold off on removing its final restriction, because a +2 that can potentially go off every turn isn't exactly good for the state of the game.

I cleaned up some commas into colons, to align more properly with more modern card text.

Right, sorry, I guess I was just looking for a Synchro after that Tuner.

Other comments are fine.

Yeah, I was giving Venom their equivalent to Shaddoll Falco- a random Tuner for splash purposes.

Speaking of Hatchling, I did decide to take your advice and let it turn any DARK or Reptile-Type monster into a Venom monster, so that Predavenom could be a thing.

Also, it's Basilisculatum. Basilisk + aculatum, to follow the existing Predaplant Fusions' trend of "mythical animal + disgusting plant".

For your sanity, don't make one based on YCMaker or Falling Pizza; quite honestly, they're almost never here (especially the latter). Then again, YCMaker hasn't exactly been social on YCM [well, open with users] through the time I've been around, so...

(Then again, I patterned the YCM mod project off of existing staff members who at least did stuff during their time; can't recall anything the admins did; least stuff that's noteworthy and actually contributed to site affairs. You realize that neither of them had a hand in the new rules and all; that was purely the mods.)

// end roasting of admins.

====

So yeah, let's see what you did for my Archetypes. 

Electric Field

I think I graded the new ED options, so on to the Spell.

Guess it's fine, considering it pluses off the ED monsters / Enforcers (because yeah, you're mostly relying on Delta to do searches and that has a hard OPT). Revival is alright, though it does clash with Epsilon/Theta at the same time; might've helped if it summoned from the Deck too (or replace it with hand). 

YCM Mod Project

(Let's assume this is the equivalent of Exa or something)

First effect is fine, and at least permits you another monster in case the Ritual gets negated, or summon another member (which probably amounts to my now-ex-CC colleagues [bar Gadj because he's still a mod], but I digress). Second is basically a themed Chokoikoi (I think this is the one that requires you to topdeck 3 Archetype cards or you're dead); guess it helps if you don't run too many generics and/or run this pure, but yeah. Graveyard setup is nice. Last effect is really only to keep the Ritual Spells in the Graveyard for later searching, as I looked at the current roster I made; none of them banish themselves for effects. 

Firefighter Dragon

(I'll assume you know about the Rank 5 legacy I made for self in the Xyz thread, right?)

Dispatch is fine, at least in terms of getting you some hand / field advantage back. I need to mention that the first effect you can trigger on this card's destruction already exists on Azure (albeit requiring that it has Xyz Material), but I guess this is the more permanent one, so... Recycling is okay.

Shizumeru

Detach effect already exists on another member, but again, it's not reliant on you having Xyz Material to maintain the effect. Stats aren't necessary great, but it's generic so what can I say about it? Not sure where this would fit in, unless Azure goes sour on you w/out mats and stuff. Boosting is fine, but like some people said in the original thread, it's really specific (and while this does give you an opportunity to force them to be FIRE and hit 3.8K, you get it). 

Aw, nice. You supported some of my favorite created archetypes!

There is a concern though on 2 ones that you made in particular: the Mechasaurus cards.

Conductyranno can be used as fusion material to summon out another Conductyranno. This wouldn't be much of an issue except then its float effect kicks in, allowing you to tribute the newly summoned Conductyranno for the old and 1000 burn damage. Then the new one in the grave can tribute the old one and... Endless burn loop.

Super-Ancient Tyranno isn't as bad, but it isn't good either. If you fuse out a second using the first, the second nets you a search. Then you can bounce the second, a pendulum, and any card your opponent controls to resummon the first. Activate the pendulum and you can fuse the searched monster with the first to resummon the second... Another loop but this time the result ends with your opponent's board empty and at MINIMUM a Super-Ancient Tyranno on field and any Mechasaurus card you want in your hand.

...A hard OPT can fix both though. Also all the rest of the cards are good. Cheers!

Time to review the new stuff. 

Firefighter Dragon Suu

At best, it technically switches the stats of an opposing monster, but a lot of common bosses do have reasonably good DEF (+2000) so...yeah. At least it can kinda pump its ATK if it deals damage in a battle, but yeah. Doesn't really help them much outside of general Spell negation.

===

IDK if I actually reviewed the Accelerator stuff, but I will now.

Zeta

Well, it's a free 28/32 boss for minimal cost and helps with revival. Coupling its other effect with its ease of summoning may be pushing it, even with the restrictions on what it can do. Suppose it's fine for restoring your bosses once they're gone. 

Eta

This feels kind of similar to Gamma, but more of its own and less reliant on being summoned by another member. But yeah, it literally says "Rank 9 setup plz".

Docking Ring

Searcher is fine, since I didn't give them any; least afaik. That, and instant setup for the Rank 9s or field setup in general. They really need this to start plays; well, the aggressive Xyz spam type anyway.

Max Acceleration

More searching/draw power/instant Xyz thing. If you can get Zeta in the Graveyard, you can instant Rank 9 again; otherwise, you're stuck with Rank 4/5, which isn't necessarily bad. So yeah, revive Zeta; you get access to Number C107 / Cipher Blade Dragon and whatever other Rank 9s that are worth talking about (think VFD qualifies). Anything not Zeta; you have a bunch of options. So yeah, at least this lets them open more doors and less reliance on Gamma and the other stuff to modulate Levels. 

(Feels like I kinda reviewed them already, but w/e)

Yeah, Tink, I added the recommended HOPT clauses. I typically don't see loops until they're pointed out to me, unless they're blatantly obvious (ie, I used to do the Chick/Makyura/CotH OTK loop).

======

Yeah, of all the Firefighter Dragon support I've made, Suu is easily the most . . . matchup-dependent. The Spell negation auto-kills your opponent's first Spell in a turn, but that's really easy to bait and will likely only accomplish something if your opponent is either illiterate or forgets her effect. That said, she's definitely a sideboard card, maybe a 1- or 2-of, to deal with the likely prominent threats of Sorcery Hydras, Disasterman, and some of the low-DEF bosses I've noticed a few of here and there that are usually pretty powerful.

The funny thing about Eta is that it actually can enable a Rank 8 if it Summons a Level 4, allowing you to tech in the occasional random Galaxy-Eyes.

I added a random new Photon card, but honestly it's mostly to take the place of cards in the Galaxy-Eyes engine that the AGM doesn't have because of the Number embargo. Not Dark Matter, though, that scheiße is bananas.

+1 Shivergami support

+1 Firefighter Dragon support

+2 Cyberdark support

+1 Photon support

+2 Stardust support

New feature: Any user who has given solid critique on the support made for 4 or more archetypes will get 1 rep guaranteed, plus 1 more for every 4 additional archetype support categories reviewed, and a favor to call in if you provide critique on 10 or more!

(If you're not sure on the exact playstyle of an AGM created archetype, I'll describe it as best I can, or provide a link)

Bump, because I want to deliver a challenge. Anyone who would be awesome (or insane) enough to individually review every single card I've made for this thread has the right to rope me into anything YCM-related- any RP you need people for, any card or archetype review you need, a debate you want to call me into, I'll be there . . . if you're absolutely insane enough to review all of the stuff I've made to bring the AGM's wanting archetypes up to snuff.

Shiranui Shrinekeeper
FIRE - Level 4 - Zombie/Effect - 1800/0
You can Special Summon this monster from your hand by banishing 1 FIRE monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, you can add 1 "Shiranui" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is banished, you can target 2 banished Zombie monsters, except "Shiranui Shrinekeeper": Special Summon 1 of those targets, and add the other target to your hand. You can only activate the effects of "Shiranui Shrinekeeper" a total of 3 times per turn, in any combination.

This thing. Is funny as hell. Shiranui don't really have enough backrow to really make use of the search effect, having only two traps and a field spell, but it's still deck thinner, and the self-SS and banish are both the funniest sheet if this got printed. You summon this and trigger something else in the archetype, which is already great, but then its banish is an objectively better Solitaire. Plus it has 1800 ATK, so banishing this with Shogunsaga will lead into some just absurd plays with the right setup. Easy 3-of in Shiranui because it just makes everything so much better.

Archived