Draconus's AGM Legacy Support Thread! (543 total cards!)

Draconus297

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added a Stardust and a Firefighter Dragon support card because why the hell not, but that's going to be my last update for a while because MetalSonic is actually going for the challenge of "review everything" that I put out there, and I want him to have a chance to complete it before my birthday in late August lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I will post all the reviews here one at a time.

[spoiler=Buster Blader]

Platoon Quartermaster

Pretty decent support. A 200 ATK boost is okay, and the self-summoning effect gives some pretty good field presence from the get go. However, I don’t get why you would summon a Token with those stats to your opponent’s side of the field. I mean, it would boost Buster Blader up a good amount, but unless you beat that token over immediately it could put in some work against you for synchro and link plays, or tribute fodder. Also, why is it optional?

Platoon Sprinter

A recurring Rescue Rabbit without a hard OPT? Yeah, no. I don’t like this. Oh wait, the recurring is a quick effect. And it’s a tuner. Plz nerf.

Platoon’s Dragon Mirage

Alright, so a DNA Surgery(Surgery is the one that changes type, right?) that also affects cards in the graveyard. Seems alright for boosting Buster Blader up. Also, searching is what holds decks together, so I can’t complain about that seeing that it is pretty slow.

[spoiler=Funeral Flower]

Orchid

Pretty good support. Reviving from the graveyard can allow for extending plays. Also, the anti-pendulum floodgating is alright, but that seems situational to the deck the Flowers are going against. At best, I can see this being more of a sideboard card.

Vanilla

Enabling plays by giving your opponent control of this certainly does help with the consistency, and adding Spells to hand from either the deck or grave can either extend or enable plays. Pretty good.

Mourning

Cards can’t be banished from the grave. Hm. Anyway, the small attack boost is welcomed, but not exactly anything revolutionary. I honestly can’t see this card being ran in a Funeral Flower deck due to being such a small boost. It could only put in work late game.

[spoiler=Café Girl]

Intern

Searching out the equip spells gives some decent consistency, though I think this could go better if it could search out all spells instead of just equip spells. Also, the searching for Café Girl if used as material allows for some good combo plays later on.

Manager

Well, here is some good support. The pseudo Gorz summoning effect can maintain field presence or stop an OTK, then recur the monster it replaced. Then it can summon the 1 monster this deck needs to have out to function from any location. Pretty good.

[spoiler=Shivergami]

*opens spoiler*

Oh damn, that’s more than I expected. What did I get myself into?

Cyst

Alright, so it can open up a synchro play right from the get go. Seems good. Also, it can get back the resources you spend to keep you afloat. Nothing is immediately jumping out at me as objectionable.

Fracture

So, we start off with a Beiige summoning effect, which interacts with the effects that discard. Also, it can add 2 cards back to hand from your grave for synchro summoning a Shivergami. Seems alright to me.

Pneumonia

Alright, so it has a Galaxy Soldier summoning effect so it can interact with the other Shivergamis. Reviving other monsters allows for extending or enabling plays, and the search effect is nothing to scoff at either.

Impalement

Wow, these are some of the edgiest names I’ve ever seen for cards, and after seeing Tinkerer’s Edelords, that’s saying something. Anyway, this is pretty good support for Shivergami due to its self-summoning condition and effect to add a fiend tuner to hand. You know, after seeing these cards, I can’t help but think that they might have some synergy with Dark World, or maybe Shaddolls.

Amputation

This has a little too much draw power for my taste. How about lowering the number of possible draws when it’s synchro summoned?

Vivisection

Seems pretty alright. It gives Shivergamis a quick out to Towers and Pals(that should be a new sitcom) and has a decent revival effect that synergizes well with the rest of the archetype.

Reconstruction

Well, I guess this is ok. However, I don’t think the banishing effect should be a quick effect.

Chemotherapy

That’s actually some pretty good removal. It gives an incentive to not continue plays in certain decks that love sending their cards to the grave along with effect negation. Oh, and not just when sent to the grave either. The card just has to leave the field. Pretty good.

Spite

Well, there’s some decent support. Quickplay revival for immediate OTKing and draw power for going ham. However, I think this should definitely have a hard OPT on it, you know, so 3 of them don’t become 2400 extra attack and 3 draws.

[spoiler=Zords]

Illuzord

So Norden+Prisma? Noice. I like how it can dump the Zords, then revive them on demand. I can only imagine what combos this can pull off with the rest of the archetype.

Combazord

This is pretty good support. Making so you can only control 1 makes this balanced enough and the normal summon during the battle phase allows for some extra damage to be put in on the spot, along with some consistency on the side.

Zordjacking

Phallic names much? ;p So, normal summoning on your opponent’s turn by tributing monsters they control is pretty annoying. Also, using this on your turn becomes a triple summon. That should lead to some decent Xyz plays. AGM doesn’t Have CyDra Infinity, does it?

[spoiler=Electric Field]

Chi

Alright, so we have a good level 8 Synchro for this archetype. The fact that it’s a quick effect gives it a quite threatening presence on the board. However, the part where it can recover your banished cards and special summon itself makes it a saving grace late game to prevent decking out. It actually makes me wonder if a Chaos build is possible with this archetype.

Psi

Wait, don’t these monsters activate their effects when your opponent’s monsters are destroyed, not banished? With the way it’s worded, it banishes instead of destroys, so wouldn’t that get in the way of the archetypes goal? I think you meant cards that would be sent to the grave are banished instead if destroyed by a Electric Field card effect. Either way, that’s pretty evil. Also, the first effect is kind of a glass cannon. Sure, it can hit a lot, but the problem then becomes actually getting the amount needed to get the destruction going. This just seems clumsy to me.

Energized

Hm, searching and special summoning. What is there to say but it’s good support to make the archetype faster?

[spoiler=Golden Spear]

Palace

I guess this is alright. The Soul Charge-esque effect is really nice since you can trigger it yourself, and the ATK buff and the burn effect are real nice as well, although being during the end phase makes it slow. Oh well. Fair is fair.

Would the "Roid" support I made recently be applicable here? I mean it changes the archetype fundamentally and there hasn't been much support on roids on the website, but it's a pretty old archetype isn't it?

Technically yes, but this is Draco's attempt to make support for past AGM archetypes and some other generics we have in here.

Just make sure you review the cards properly, though that requires you to know what's in the original Decks, which aren't linked to in the OP.

(In the future, try not to advertise your works in other member's threads)

Actually, regarding the Shivergami names, the Main Deck members are named after various medical problems (cysts, being impaled, pneumonia, and bone fractures), and the ED members are all treatments.

Thankfully for the AGM, we don't have Dark World. We do have 'Dolls though, but we don't have to worry about Shiver-Doll . . . because Anoyatyllis is like the worst El-Shaddoll. No sane person is running that hybrid.

Okay, the thing with Amputation's draw is that it's dependent on the number of Shivergami mats on Synchro Summon, and I don't think you could even make it with more than 2 archetype members on a frequent basis. At best, it's a draw 3, because you're never going to have 4 Level 1 Shivergami monsters on board. It's just not happening.

I can give Spite a HOPT. That I'll do.

Hand support added! Paging Tinkerer!

You rang?

I really like the hand support. It really gives a feel of HAT in the sense of slow advantage built up over the course of a longer game while keeping the opponent from being able to keep a hand on their cards.

Oh God, that was awful even for me...

But really, they all look good. Only thing of note is that I believe Manju and Senju of the (ten) thousand hands would fall into the archetype as well, but they're NS searchers anyway, so they've got an inherent limitation. I'll need to see if there's anything else in the pool that unintentionally fell into the archetype..

Well, the thing is that 'roids aren't available in the AGM to be supported, so that wouldn't be a thing. Also, since you already have an LV archetype thread, you can always put that up for review in the main AGM thread for approval.

If/when you do make support for an AGM archetype, either made by the group or simply approved by it, you make your own thread. I have one, Tinkerer has one, and now Nyx has one.

• 2 weeks later...

This wave of support lineup is ready a little early, so, without further ado:

"Prysm" support added!

"Fossil" support added!

+1 "Venom" support

+1 "Aroma" support

+1 "Timaeus/Dark Magician" support

+1 "Gladiator Beast" support

+3 "Predaplant" support

+1 "Laval" support

+2 "Junk/Jet" support

+1 "Evil HERO" support