Draconus's AGM Legacy Support Thread! (543 total cards!)

Draconus297

Hydra does not, cannot replace Wolf. Hell, it can't even effectively replace Sabre-Tooth. It requires Frightfurs as Material, not Fluffals, meaning that you need to have already had the resources necessary to Fusion Summon (or run Stupid Edge Imp), then do it again to get out Hydra at all, and even then it only has 1 attack and 2400 ATK, and if it revives something with its on-battle-destruction effect it's only treated as having been made with basic Materials (one Tiger/Sabre-Tooth pop, one swing with Wolf, one banish with Rat). You need to invest multiple Fusions into a single Hydra for it to matter worth anything, meaning that it'll probably either be either useless or a necessary overkill to fish off an opponent that survived an OTK somehow.

Axe Raider pops a card when it gets equipped with something. You really want to put an OPT on the back of a removal effect that triggers off of getting equipped with something?

Read Frightfurs as Fluffals on Hydra. You'll notice in my suggestions that I suggest using a Frightfur as a material...so...yeah.

Yes, I do want to put OPT, considering the Red-Eyes trend recently. Just in case.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

+1 "YCM Heavenly" support

"Charmer/Familiar" support added!

I'm currently tooling with some Red-Eyes support to make that Deck actually work, including a Metalmorph retrain to make the original Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon slightly more consistent to Summon.

For AGM members, I'm working on making Lunar Breakers a reality (check them out in the Game thread), as well as a secret project that takes some heavy inspiration from two very specific archetypes used by two characters in the anime!

To anyone in the contest, I'm working on grades, but the grading system is actually making things consistently more difficult to do than I ever expected. This is complicated even more by a serious flu on the tail end of a trip to Disneyland, as while I can design cards in my sleep, I can't grade that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like how you're revamping the fortune ladies.  Kinda expected that you'd only planned to leave it at a second level 1.  Didn't think you'd move forward with more.  The trap is good for 'em and provides some well needed speed to the archetype despite, you know, being a trap.

Volcanics look pretty solid.  The only thing I'd say is change up Cyclone to have the condition "sent from hand to grave" rather than "discarded" as I don't believe the Blaze Accelerator cards discard (also means you may wanna change up the condition for Artillery).

All three Cloudian cards are amazing and really speed up the Deck as a whole.  The only thing I'd nitpick is the fact that the field spell is a field spell since a) its name isn't really reminiscent of a field spell and b) it kinda takes away from the whole classic Cloudian/Sanctuary in the Sky interaction (as outdated as it is.  Maybe it's just me being sentimental).  So... essentially flavor reasons rather than ones that actively need any changes.

I'm wiped right now.  I'll see if I can look through some other cards when I'm more awake.

Oops on the Volcanic thing. I'll be honest, I don't play them much.

To be perfectly honest, I had the concept but no good names- that's also a major reason why many of my other support lineups, and a few side project archetypes, never get published. I'm bad at naming things. Also, I mean . . . the AGM has Ancient Fairy Dragon and Sanctuary, so you don't need to cut Sanctuary from your Deck entirely. In the end, it might be a variant Deck, or a tech choice, but the option is airways there.

Since I am on a bit of a roll here, I might as well point out the potentially super abusable thing that I'd noticed here a while ago but hadn't brought up before: Darksteel.  ...I really don't think explanation would be necessary but uh, a Terrortop that can go into any value between Sync 4-7 (8-12 if you summon "Revelation Fang Dragon") that is further searchable by 2 other cards?  It.. really isn't your best design.  (though one that I admittedly would've loved to build a deck around showcasing: "Red Dragon Archfiend - Despot/Scarlight Overlord Red Dragon Archfield/Overdrive Nova Dragon summonable off 1 card!" They do a better job at summoning the Red Dragon Archfiend cards than the Resonators XD)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Murine" support added!

+1 "Red-Eyes" support

+1 "Fortune Lady" support

Before you ask about anime relations, the new Red-Eyes Hunter Dragon is a revamped Level 4 version of Hunter Dragon, a card the fourth (does anyone remember that it was Rex's card first, or that Yugi used it during Battle City?) user of REBD in the anime had, our good friend Darkness/Nightshroud/Fubuki/Atticus/the brother of that one GX girl with the Rituals that thrashed Duel Links. However, as a more tenuous retrain, I decided to bump its Level up by 1, and give it a DEF value equal to 700 less than the vanilla's, to fit more in the club of Red-Eyes support.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 "Photon" support

+1 "Stardust" support

+1 "Red-Eyes" support

Okay, so the Photon card is just an adaptation of one of Kaito's anime cards, and the Stardust card is a Consonance target that helps you go off HARD with proper setup, but I want to talk about the new Red-Eyes monster.

Yes, obviously it's Time Wizard. But why did it lose a Level? Why is it also a Dragon, this isn't Dragonna-bugeisha support? What's up with the Gear Changer effect? The Fusion thing?

Allow me to explain, one effect at a time.

It was made Level 1 (and given the D-B support clause) to function with Red-Eyes Hunter Dragon, which searches Level 1 DARK Dragons- kinda relevant in Red-Eyes given Black Metal and Black Stone (sorry, Chick). Also, as a Level 1 DARK monster that is both a Spellcaster and a Dragon, it receives ludicrous generic support in just about every direction.

The "revive when milled/discarded" is made to trigger off of Insight, making it into a more direct plus.

The Level changing has two primary functions- making Flare Metal and making Comet Dragon. Make your choice, really.

It has a Red-Eyes equivalent to AGH's effect as a more utilitarian and consistent, if less immediately powerful, archeypal Fusion option than Red-Eyes Fusion. Note that it doesn't need to use itself (just in case you have the Materials for Archfiend Black Skull on board or in hand), and that it can use any monsters as long as at least 1 is a Red-Eyes (noteworthy in cases like making Five-Headed Dragon).

Lastly, why does it exist? Tinkerer made a Red-Eyes Fusion that required a Spellcaster, without making a Red-Eyes Spellcaster. I fixed that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived