Draconus's AGM Legacy Support Thread! (543 total cards!)

Draconus297

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, for these I'll really just be focusing on archetypes I've worked on and real life archetypes tjat I'm familiar with. A few now, so maybe I'll look at the others on a later date.

Cafe Girl: Well, it was supposed to be based on only one Normal monster, so that was a given. That aside, the monsters are nice. First one serves as searching; but I feel her primary effect is lackluster. At least her second effect doesn't have the restriction.

The second one however, has a nice Special Summoning effect. ATK is a tad high for a Level 1 monster though.

Shivergami: Cyst has a great Special Summoning effect. I guess you could Summon Trans for its additional Normal Summon effect. Or Amputation to draw 3 cards. Vivisection is reminiscent of Fabled Soulkus, as they both require you to send from your hand two of the archetype. Except Vivisection is more worth the investment, since it's got an ATK increase, triggers the discard effects, and doesn't take up Main Deck space. Reconstruction is AMAZING. Well worth the effort of investing your monsters. A banish effect, a Beckoning Light-like effect, AND a draw effect? I think the first two are good enough. It doesn't need the draw effect. It's just overkill. Chemotherapy is scary. Sure, it's more specific matetials than Reconstruction, but it can't be destroyed and it's last effect is very potent. If your opponent Summons Utopia the Lightning, Utopia's as good as gone. Spite is alright. You could probably remove the ATK increase effect and it'd still be a good card.

Overall, Cafe Girl felt a little lackluster while Shivergami looks bigger and stronger with its new toys.

In honor of the Arc-V representation in the AGM getting a boost:

+1 "Predaplant" support

"Lunalight" support added!

"Supreme King" support added!

Also, the problem I had had with Cafe Girl was staying relatively in theme, and keeping a consistent support lineup.

Also, Level 1 monsters with the Sorcery Hydra statline are actually pretty common in the AGM.

Time to look at Cerebrite

Connector: It's okay. The search effect is neat I guess. The swap effect differs from the originals though. While it is neat (especially since it adds as opposed to Summon), it still isn't quite consistent with the other Cerebrites. Oh well.

Analyzer: I don't think they needed another boss monster, but at least this one can self-Summon. The swap effect is even a little cooler.

Scanner: It's okay. The only real interesting part is its revival effect.

Though some of these monsters should have a strict "once per turn" clause.

Neurodiode is a cool Field Spell. Helps bring out bigger bodies with a little more ease, and doesn't make you as upset to usr their swap effects.

Now on to Inaudible Resonation (because Faerie would take me far too long for today).

Ferryman: Decent adding effect, and revival, because why not. I'll be honest, I didn't have much theme with the Synchro monsters outside of inhibiting other Extra Deck monsters.

Silence: It's cool and all. To be honest, I forgot they were even supposed to have a Main Deck boss. Kind of hard to get on the field, but potent nonetheless.

Cerebrite didn't really need new support (at least not new monsters), but it's cool nonetheless. Especially the Field Spell. I did feel they could've had more Spell/Trap Cards though. And Inaudible Resonation's is...interesting. At least it covers that boss monster I didn't get to.

Only covering Faerie this time (yes; it is that long).

Vespid: It's okay. Can't Summon itself, so its selling point is Synchro Summoning via banishment. Which is cool for a lot of the other Faerie monsters, given their interactions with banished cards.

Healer: It's slightly slow, but it's got two methods to Summon it, sp it's got that going for it.

Gatekeeper: No immediate effects, but Summoning from the Deck is a pretty big plus for me. Though, Faerie Beast kind of already has an effect like that.

Wisp: Same thing. Also, this one needs a strict "once per turn" clause, given how easy it is just to get it in the Graveyard.

Elder: Now this is more like it! Summons stuff that's in Graveyard or banished. Neither of which my Main Deck monsters covered. Dragon does it, but you'd have to make Dragon first.

Wyvern: This one's cool. I never really made a card that adds from the Deck. The Summoning part in its last effect is a bit much though.

Arms: It's cool. Lets you send more of the archetype members for later banishment.

Fae Rebirth: You could probably change the text to Level 4 or lower; especially since none of the Main Deck monsters go any higher than Level 4 and the lowest Synchro being 6.

Overall, half of these are genuinely stuff the archetype didn't have or could have used while others were pretty repetitive.

The Faerie support was mostly to both enable and make use of your existing cards, and add some effects that triggered as a result of being used for Oberon and Titania's revival effects so it became even harder to deal with them.

Part of what balances Wisp is the archetype it's in- if it were, say, a Phantom Knight, it would need the HOPT, because they have a lot of ways to abuse its effect. Faerie, meanwhile, can make use of its effect, but struggle to abuse it beyond being recurring Oberon/Titania fodder (which implies you got both of them out).

Rebirth is future-proofing design- just in case other members make more Faerie cards, they can choose whether or not they want what they make to be a Rebirth target.

+1 "Amazoness" support

+2 "The Phantom Knights" support

I'm currently working on the following, if someone wants to help me complete my ideas:

●A new W Nebula card

●A way to safely adapt Supreme King Brutality from the anime

●Another more generically accessible Lunalight Fusion

●Developing the Barrk Extra Deck

●An in-theme Level 2 Stardust Synchro Tuner

Prysm:

Prysm Formation Strike: Didn't I already make a Quick-Play Spell Card called "Prysm Strike"? The effect itself is okay.

Prysm Heroism: Now THIS card I like. While they may be strong, I still felt they were vulnerable or prone to this sort of stuff. And a neat little bonus on top of that.

Prediction Princess: I don't think what the archetype needed was another Ritual Monster. Tarotrei got the job done. That aside, it is impressive in how much it interacts with FLIP monsters and effects. The effect that Sets them all is very reminiscent of Ghostrick Doll. And the Ritual Spell Card has a great recovery and search effect.

Overall, Prysm got a good little push, and while this isn't exactly what Prediction Princess might need, it's still pretty potent.

I didn't want to give Prediction Princess any new standard monsters, because they already had a good, concise little engine to get going. Really, what they needed was the ability to get their field presence faster, and better protect their board in progress. So, naturally I gave them what I thought they needed- a secondary boss that kept their run condition going, and a decent option for obtaining resources.

I mean, Shiranui Zombies are my irl deck. When I came back, I looked at your Shiranui support and, honestly, I didn't like it. Not because it's bad, no. The monster support is honestly too good, so much so that it makes most of the stuff now near obsolete.

I think to keep flavor, you should remove the banished effects on the level 2s (Spectralsword only has 1 effect) and maybe you can put their effects (or something like it) on a second level 4 instead.

As for Shrinekeeper, maybe you can have its Spell/Trap search effect only work as a bonus effect (while you control Shiranui Style Synthesis, a la Solitaire's effect), since it's so easy to plus off it.

The Spell is.. well, honestly I didn't get why it's even a Spell. It's first effect would be fine as a permanent banish, while I'd implore making its grave effect a temporary one (since hand destruction is just really potent in general).

Honestly, if I give this support as it is now some thought, I'm fairly sure I could EASILY break them, so really, it's just a call to dial them back a little bit.

...on a completely different note, please change Worm 04's ability to hit the hand. As dumb and unlikely as this play is, a first turn "Double Polymerization" (decently searchable) into 2 Worm 04s is basically a game ender since the opponent only starts with a maximum of 1 card in-hand and you have 2 2900 beaters+ or one of a plethora of powerful Rank 7s.

I've dampened the Shiranui support, and just given Serpent Strike's second effect the time delay the first effect had. Why Serpent Strike was a Spell, though, had to do with Disasterman, its evolved form Devastationman, and to a lesser extent the Platune Dragons- their ability to attack on either player's turn (Disasterman/Devastationman most notably, because he can punch something that hasn't even been Summoned yet, and prevent the resolution of on-Summon effects by killing the monster before the effect resolves, effectively Striking it while inflicting battle damage, and then can Goyo Guardian if you used a Rock for his Fusion Summon) means that any battle-focused Spell is likely just a way to mitigate the extensive damage that Disasterman does to any Deck that requires one or two specific cards to set up, or is extensively combo-heavy. I decided that Shiranui in particular needed this, because they don't have much in the way of playmakers, and it's pretty easy to brick from what I've been told, so this shelters their Uni-Zombie so they can set up for their Synchro 8 play.

Worm 04 now no longer hits the hand.

Archived