[SV] Hulking Giant

Makο

image.png

Oook. I like the looks of this. A 6pp 6/6 with hex proof? Gains evolve-level stats for each card discarded? This thing becomes an absolute nightmare to get rid of if you don't have AoE removal in hand. Plus, if you have quite a few sigils in hand, imagine dropping a 12/12 for 6pp? It's crazy, and since Dirt has lost a lot of it's sigil problems in RoB, it's viable.

Taking Gem Golem and making it more irrelevant that it already is.

Still doesn't solve the fact that Earth Sigil is still horribly inconsistent. Yeah, you can search out Earth Rites via Dwarf, but what Dirtcraft actually needs is something that can search out the actual Sigils. Yeah, this can become a great beatstick, but you WANT to be able to have those Price of Magics/Teachings of Creation/Red-Hot Rituals/Juno's in a time of necessity.

Honestly, I think this card is terrible and doesn't solve Dirtcraft's consistency problems.

Still doesn't solve the fact that Earth Sigil is still horribly inconsistent. Yeah, you can search out Earth Rites via Dwarf, but what Dirtcraft actually needs is something that can search out the actual Sigils. Yeah, this can become a great beatstick, but you WANT to be able to have those Price of Magics/Teachings of Creation/Red-Hot Rituals/Juno's in a time of necessity.

Honestly, I think this card is terrible and doesn't solve Dirtcraft's consistency problems.

I honestly don't understand why people think Dirt is inconsistent with sigils, and that's coming from someone who hasn't played ranked with anything BUT dirt (B1, atm?). On the rare occasion, it's possible to brick, as with any deck, but I normally have all the sigils I tend to need at any given moment. I got my dwarves, my scrap irons, my red-hots, and my crafty's, giving me a grand total 12 sigils. More than enough for any situation, I find.

Dirt can benefit from some consistency cards, yes, but this card is far from bad.

This card's presence gives ER hope against Shift. It is nigh-impossible for Shift to deal with this thing unless they happen to have a highly boosted Fire Chain, which isn't always run. You also don't necessarily need Sigils in your hand for this to be any good - 6PP 6/6 hexproof is still sufficient to force out unfavourable trades or even evolves to deal with it before it starts walking over your opponent.

Wish it was named Magical or Arcane Giant. Hulking Giant feels especially mundane in comparison.

Archived