Rainbow Cog Gadget, because gadgets needed a boss so badly

ABC Gun

(Artwork for this card came from a card for Cardfight Vanguard http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex_Machina,_Demiurge)

​A boss monster for the gadgets, and a duel winner for Machines. Konami will NEVER make this card real, and I'm happy with that. :Kappa:  :Snoop Dogg: 

EzAEIKj.jpg

Effect: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Deck) by Tributing 3 or more Level 4 "Gadget" Machine-Type monsters from your hand and/or field (each with a different name), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Cannot be used for a Summon. Unaffected by other card effects. This card's original ATK and DEF each becomes equal to the number of monsters Tributed for its Summon x 1000, also it gains each of these effects depending on the number of those Tributed monsters.
● 4: Your opponent must send 1 Spell/Trap Card from their hand or field to the Graveyard to activate Spell/Trap Cards or their effects.
● 5: Negate the activation of an opponent's monster's effect that activates when it is Summoned.
● 6 or more: If you have a total of 12 or more Machine-Type monsters on your field and/or in your Graveyard and they have different names, you win the Duel.

Machina Fortress is their extra-official boss :v

But really, wish you took a more serious approach on this because I could very well see a boss for Gadgets working. How about taking the route of ABCs? That is, a contact Fusion that can use materials from the grave. Of course, as long as you don't make the Fusion as strong as ABC, such concept should be acceptable while making justice for Gadgets.

As materials, you could go for either the original 3 Gadgets to be restrictive, or Gadgets with different names to allow for more splashability and creativity, as it would include Silver, Gold and Ancient Gear Gadget. If going for the latter, don't forget the restriction of Level4 Machine Gadgets, otherwise it could get silly with other Gadgets like "Gadget Driver", "Gadget Hauler", Cyverse Gadget, etc.

Its Summoning condition is too easy. If you just happen to draw Gold, Silver, and Yellow Gadgets in the initial draw, then you can get this guy out on the first turn, which is just ridiculous.

On a side note, since when are there 6 or more Level 4 Gadget monsters? I only know of Yellow, Green, Red, Gold, and Silver.

Its Summoning condition is too easy. If you just happen to draw Gold, Silver, and Yellow Gadgets in the initial draw, then you can get this guy out on the first turn, which is just ridiculous.

On a side note, since when are there 6 or more Level 4 Gadget monsters? I only know of Yellow, Green, Red, Gold, and Silver.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Gear_Gadget

(there's your 6th Gadget)

Concerning point 1, the probability you are going to draw those cards in your first turn is very slim (even if you run multiples). At minimum, it's a 3K Ultimate Falcon. If you can Tribute more Gadgets, it starts punishing the opponent for activating S/Ts (rip Pendulums and other stuff), punishing on-summon effects (remind me how common those are) OR an alt-win con if you can mill enough. Honestly speaking, really only seeing this summoned with 3 Tributes for most intents and purposes (and that's usually enough, coupled with 30/30 stats and effect immunity). Rest of it is overkill. 

Concerning point 1, the probability you are going to draw those cards in your first turn is very slim (even if you run multiples). At minimum, it's a 3K Ultimate Falcon. If you can Tribute more Gadgets, it starts punishing the opponent for activating S/Ts (rip Pendulums and other stuff), punishing on-summon effects (remind me how common those are) OR an alt-win con if you can mill enough. Honestly speaking, really only seeing this summoned with 3 Tributes for most intents and purposes (and that's usually enough, coupled with 30/30 stats and effect immunity). Rest of it is overkill. 

Ok, I wasn't aware of Ancient Gear Gadget, thanks.

Chances are that if you run a Gadget-based deck, you run at least two copies of each Gadget. Given that there are at least 6 different Gadgets, there's a good chance that your opening hand will either give you 3 Gadgets with different names or get you close to it. You don't even need Rainbow Cog in your hand to Summon it, which just makes it even more powerful.

Don't worry, like I said Konami will never make this card, they'll more than likely make something far worse :Kappa:

Having the ability to be Summoned from the Deck bypasses the need to draw it, but when I'm devoting this many resources to the boss, I expect something impactful. The first two effects look sufficiently oppressive and can outright ruin someone's ability to play. But that's where its ease of access looks a little bit problematic - the god draw of 5 Gadgets (with the searching abilities in case of duplicates) means a lock from the very first turn with limited means of bypassing. With 4, it's still sufficiently obstructive though half the game plans nowadays involve effect monsters. The 6 effect is too impractical to bother working towards, while summoning it on 3 just gives you an effective 3000 vanilla; not the best investment.

I'd rather use Machina Fortress, really.

Archived