[CHQ] Night in the Library

King K. Azo

"Book it Deku!" Dmitri cheered on.

Downstairs, one painting looked to the other. 

"That boy learns fast,"

"Yes, one day, he to will become a pun-geon master,"

"Let's hope he's not as bad as you,"

The thief let out a tiny, feminine 'eep' as they felt the weight of a naked lizard girl crash on top of them, falling to the ground. "Ow...," They muttered. She let out a whistle, causing the one chasing Deku to turn around, and run back up the stairs, ramming into the side of Kasayee, using all the force of an encyclopedia shot out of a giant slingshot in that tackle. It growled at the lizard girl and began to circle around her like a wolf hunting prey. The thief, on the other hand, stood up and ran deeper into the shelves. 

The dog inside of the cage walked back and forth, growling at Dmitri. It was looking for a way out, but at the moment, it found none. 

As the girl thought she was an acceptable distance away, she began to chant, the books around her flying around, making a new creature. However, this time, it was building to be something bigger and badder than the dogs. It began to form giant dragon like talons, and was currently making the legs. She kept chanting, unaware of her surroundings.

-The Punching Bag Wizard-

"Book it Deku!"

"THAT ISN'T HELPING, DMITRI!!!" Deku shouted at his guild-mate, who was just letting the book-dog chase him like this. He made it down the stairs, only to turn around to see the book-dog skidding to a halt and running back up the stairs after hearing a whistle...presumably from the thief. "For the love of...chase me all the way down here..."

Deku started running up the stairs once again. He thought of using his Reflector Burst, but he knew he probably needed it for this thief. After all, it seemed like they were able to cause the books to come to life...a sort of Book magic or something. Honestly, it was just a hunch that Deku was thinking of, since it would explain the book-dog anyway. Still...this is making it harder to confront the thief...the mission said not to do any damage to the books... he thought, rubbing the back of his head as he got up the stairs. He'd have to figure out something to do...

However, when he got up the stairs, he noticed that Kasayee was facing one book-dog while Dimitri was facing one that was in a cage. He was going to try and help them, but he knew that the culprit was still at large. Besides, he knew the others could handle these things. He ran to the left, running past a few bookshelves just to look down each one. "C'mon...c'mon...gotta be around here somewhere!" he mumbled.

Ah, so they were a girl. That was something to note. Probably didn't matter. But it sure was a thing.

Ah, Kasayee was being attacked. That was actually important wasn't it.

Kasayee was knocked to the side by what appeared to be a book given life. What dark irony that something created by taking the life of a tree was not given its own form of life. It even growled like a predator.

But it wasn't a predator. It wasn't a life. It was nothing. A pile of dead trees moving through some sort of magic. She didn't have to pay it any mind. Let someone else deal with it, Kasayee had something real to take care of.

Thus she transformed on the spot into her bird form. She wouldn't waste her energy facing this thing and so she simply took flight and chased after where the thief had gone to. The moment she found the thief she would transform back again and attack.

Kasayee wondered if that punishment she heard of, of cutting off a thief's hand, applied here.

Well, she would just let whatever happened during this fight happen. If the thief lost a limb that was her own fault.

9eWRqcV.jpg

UMwovkU.png?1

Dmitri looked on as the creature that stirred around in his cage remained to do so.  To incapacitate this amalgamation, he would need to detonate this construct of his...but at the cost of destroying dozens of tomes of knowledge...it was a terrible trade deal...maybe the worst trade deal ever.  He would do no such thing to the knowledge that he, himself, held so dear.  So instead, Dmitri scanned the creature once more, looking at every book that the creature was made out of to see if there was a pattern.  Nothing of interest turned up, not even a decent doujin or light novel, except one book.  The book 'Hound of the Baskerguild'.  

"Oooh..how intriguing..or ironic...both is fine."  

As he put his mind back on the task at hand, he realized that another creature was being formed.  However, this one seemed to be larger in scale to that of the prior creations.  It took time, and maybe one of the others could stop the chant that was summoning forth a book beast.  

"I'm leaving it up to you two!  My magic is too destructive to harm the books!  Not to mention, with this beast trapped in such a large light construct of mine, I hardly have the resources to make more at the moment!"  Dmitri flashed the two a thumbs up, and a smile. 

"Good luck!~"  

The thief kept chanting to herself, muttering in a strange language as the books kept gathering on top of each other, a body and large tail forming. They was lost in her chant, however, and didn't see Kaysee coming, so for a second time that night, she was tackled by a naked lizard girl. This was an odd night. The creature she was forming stopped, and she struggled against the lizard girl's advances. 

"R-release!" she called out. "Rebuild!" Back with Demitri, the books he was watching over collapsed, no longer pacing like a violent animal. Blue magic flew away from the pile of books, rushing over to the half built monster. The books resumed to converge onto it, soon making the form of a giant lizard like monster, with a large head, tiny arms, and an oversized tail. The book monster reached down, grabbing Kaysee's tail and spinning around, throwing the lizard girl across the room. "Th-that's it!" The girl cheered. "Get them, Thesaurus Rex!" The book monster roared a might roar as it charged through the aisle, its head scrapping across the ceiling.

Kasayee was seeing red. Her tail had just been grabbed and she was tossed across the room. This thing before her, this abomination, a life created by a spawn of man's arrogance, books, had attacked her. She was usually a calm sort but even she had her moments. The anger she felt was not merely personal anger, though, no, it was Nature's Fury.

The one with the glass in his eyes wanted to leave it to her. Very well; he could not complain about her methods.

Not that it would change her actions. Her course was set.

Kasayee transformed her hands into the clawed, lizard, hands that were her typical mode of attack. She went for the creature and began to slash at its legs. She didn't care if she damaged the books. They weren't anything that had any value to her, and her only goal here was to catch this thief.

Her intent was to weaken the creature's support and move past it, towards the girl who commanded it. Hopefully the creature would find it hard to turn in this area and she'd be able to slip past once she did some damage.

9eWRqcV.jpg

UMwovkU.png?1

The book beast crumpled away into a pile of precious knowledge on the Library floor.  Dmitri was surprised to see a small blue energy emerge from what use to be the hound.  He was even more surprised to see that the energy slipped through his prism barrier.  Instead, it fluttered to the fuel that was creating a giant creature made of books, named Thesaurus Rex.  Dmitri scrambled to form a plan, but the others seemed to have their own ideas.  He broke down the Prism that held the pile of non-threatening books now, as it faded into a magical dust into the ether.  His lip quivered...his creations could do but only one thing.  

"It must be done..." He whimpered.  Beneath Dmitri, a magic circle was invoked.  Two medium shaped cube prisms were placed in front of the Thesaurus Rex's knees, one in front of it's mouth, and the other in front of it's chest.  "Prsim Magic: Prism Minefield!"  He shouted.  It was the only way...

"Sorry...my precious paper-filled children.."

-The Punching Bag Wizard-

Deku began to skid to a halt when he saw it...Thesaurus Rex. He found it, at first, to be quite the pun and wanted to just laugh about it...but then again, it was a terrifying set of books in the shape of a dinosaur. Not the time to want to be laughing at all.

"Prism Magic: Prism Minefield!"

He turned, seeing Dmitri shooting off his Prism Magic and nodded. This needed to be destroyed...though at the same time, he worried that they'd be harming and messing with the library's books in the process, but he knew: desperate times called for desperate measures. Though he could feel himself have a low amount of energy in his reserves. He used a bulk of it using Reflector Burst to escape the ghost in the basement. Thankfully he tripped down the stairs earlier to help regain some.

"No time like the present..." Deku sighed, before slamming his fists together as orange magic seal circles appeared his fists. "MARTYR MAGIC!" he shouted, before running towards the Thesaurus Rex, seeing that it seemed to be dropped down slightly by Dmitri's magic. "REFLECTOR STRIKE!!" he said, jumping and slamming his fist right into the jaw of the Rex.

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=OOC]I was unaware of sheet. Go, go, you all are free from my clutches, off to better rps and hosts. Fly away, be free! I believe in you all! I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry I had no motivation for this. I'm sorry that during a time I was suicidal, I was approached with words that made me believe the true host believed the RP was more important than my own life. I'm sorry I lost motivation. I'm sorry I came back in full force in other rps but not this one. I'm sorry you were stuck with a shitty host such as myself. You all deserved better.

Archived