That thing Birdie said she would do, then zai said he would do but never touched up on

Before starting another thread, can I get some feedback from the rest of ya'll?

Are you looking for an RP mod to be selected?  This isn't something we've discussed as of yet, because we were moving Zai into Ain's old position.  But if it's inevitable, we need to know.

Appointed modships tend not to end well

Some of the most beloved mods, like you and birdie, were in large part chosen by the people who most had to interact with that section. 

I'm not involved in RP, so I cannot comment on Zai's merits or lack there of there, but I CAN say he did not do a good job as PR mod.

We're looking for a new RP mod, if the section feels one is needed. And we're looking for a new PR mod. Since Zai's not one

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ye still want a PR mod you're going to have to come up with a new one because Zai has undoubtedly failed to fulfill this role. If the intention is to just not have a PR mod anymore that'd be worth stating.

I think Birdie was doing an invaluable and amazing job. If we could find someone in her mod, we should keep the job. I actually have a few ideas I wanna run by the community on a PR front (drama reduction measures), so if a new thread could be made it'd be dope

If an RP mod is to be selected, I have a few choices for the position, so a thread would be helpful.

That said, RP is not a particularly difficult section to moderate, so Zai is probably capable, though I feel some other people could do more with the role.

Let me just be clear.  We have not decided to hire any more mods at this time.  A lot is going on that Zai will clear up later this afternoon.  So until we're actively ready to come forward and say, "yes it's time to hire another RP moderator" there won't be a thread.  If and when it's time, one of the mod team should create the thread so that it doesn't get out of hand.  Please keep that in mind.

If ye still want a PR mod you're going to have to come up with a new one because Zai has undoubtedly failed to fulfill this role. If the intention is to just not have a PR mod anymore that'd be worth stating.

The bold is inaccurate.  Again, there will be a lot more interaction later this afternoon, but the PR Moderator Position as of now hasn't changed.  It exists.

Jesus Christ this thread

It doesn't matter if you think transparency is unneeded or stupid. Why? Because that is what Zai and Birdie were brought on to do. It's what's expected of the position.

Birdie is being brought up because she set forward a plan before she had to resign, Zai said he'd follow through on it, and nothing has happened in that regard. No one is demanding anything that hasn't been brought up, though some people are WAY atop heated.

And Kate... I love you, but you are really misrepresenting what happened with Zai's promotion. He was chosen as he was seen to be the best candidate of the batch we received, after Birdie. We deliberated, but talk of RP and such came up later.

really, though, a number of you need to take a chill pill. You're getting incensed over what should be an amicable discussion.

Let me just be clear.  We have not decided to hire any more mods at this time.  A lot is going on that Zai will clear up later this afternoon.  So until we're actively ready to come forward and say, "yes it's time to hire another RP moderator" there won't be a thread.  If and when it's time, one of the mod team should create the thread so that it doesn't get out of hand.  Please keep that in mind.

Another? Another kinda implies there is one. Isn't hiring a new RP mod just maintaining the quo given Nai's resignation?

The bigger problem is the PR mod spot, and the resignation of a PR mod who was doing her job, and the impending recall on a PR mod who isn't

At this point we effectively have no PR mod

I'm simply calling it as I see it.  Forgive me for being present over only the past two days.

Then you should really just be quiet instead of making things even murkier.

I know he's your friend, but that doesn't mean you come in and tell wrong information to support him. A public relations moderator.

You shouldn't be spreading untruths for anyone, much less him.

Can you all just like, step back for a hot minute? Take a chill pill, please.

This has gone from a critique of my performance to what basically amounts to a lynch mob. We're getting heated and pretty off topic on top of it.

It'd be cool if we calmed down, took a step back, and maybe even waited a few hours for me to actually finish drafting this thread that you guys want so badly.

This has gone from a critique of my performance to what basically amounts to a lynch mob. We're getting heated and pretty off topic on top of it.

It'd be cool if we calmed down, took a step back, and maybe even waited a few hours for me to actually finish drafting this thread that you guys want so badly.

Nobody is heated really. Except for the people breathlessly calling it a lynch mob. At the end of your trial period, we're looking at your job performance and rating it as such.

Some people don't think you did you job. Disagreeing on that doesn't mean someone is heated. You're drafting a thread now? Well that's something I guess. 

What took you so long? Birdie had her thread up like 2 days after she was modded? If you were unable to do your job given your life commitments, you should have stepped down like every other person has. 

Where I come from, you get your promotion after doing the job, not doing the job after you get the promotion and your peers raise the fact that you've not done your job

Lynching is an extrajudicial punishment by an informal group. It is most often used to characterize informal public executions by a mob in order to punish an alleged transgressor, or to intimidate a group.

You work for us, and we're rating your job performance 

Winter, stop being all one sided. He already reviewed his performance. Now he is fixing that. We're getting something today, which is proof for a change in his performance. Let's see what it is and then talk about. You're actively attacking the same arguments that people went over.

Can't change the past. Let's see how Zai changes. Give him a chance now, since he talked about changing and bringing things forward to prove that. If we want a discussion on the roles of mods, make a seperate discussion. This isn't about Zai. It is about a thread that should have come out. It is coming out now. Move on.

You've already had a month, so I suppose a few more hours is nothing, but the fact that it took this to get you to do anything in the first place is not good.

You've already had a month, so I suppose a few more hours is nothing, but the fact that it took this to get you to do anything in the first place is not good.

You're repeating everyone else. That time stamp passed and nothing was done about it until two weeks later. Most of you fucks probably forgotten or just stopped caring. This didn't matter until Joseph brought it up.

I already discussed why I think Joseph would be appropriate for a modship. This only proves that more. You guys jump on bandwagons and care about something that is getting solved. Two weeks have passed since the trial run and no one brought anything up until now.

Don't act like you're in the right just as much as Zai is in the wrong. The members of YCM funked up just as much as Zai has here. You're not in any clear.

Winter, stop being all one sided. He already reviewed his performance. Now he is fixing that. We're getting something today, which is proof for a change in his performance. Let's see what it is and then talk about. You're actively attacking the same arguments that people went over.

Can't change the past. Let's see how Zai changes. Give him a chance now, since he talked about changing and bringing things forward to prove that. If we want a discussion on the roles of mods, make a seperate discussion. This isn't about Zai. It is about a thread that should have come out. It is coming out now. Move on.

We raised the concern we were afraid he wasn't gonna do his job after the mods appointed him. People then said give him a chance.

And now we roll out the same excuse? What other side is there that I'm ignoring?

Anyway I've made my point

We raised the concern we were afraid he wasn't gonna do his job after the mods appointed him. People then said give him a chance.

And now we roll out the same excuse? What other side is there that I'm ignoring?

You can only give a chance. Once action isn't or is taken, start realizing what is going on. When it comes to a position of power, in any form, it should be looked at from the start. You guys literally did nothing for two weeks after the trial period and start jumping on the radar when it is mentioned. Winter, you probably wouldn't have done anything until it was mentioned. If Joseph or no one else brought it up, we wouldn't be having this type of discussion.

And the excuses were brought up. They are making Zai take action and pop out some results at this time. We can't keep hounding out the same arguments when nothing is actually changing, because it will get nowhere. This is already getting nowhere and people are trying to mention every little instance of problems that come up. This thread has derailed more than the original topic at hand. That isn't a discussion. That is an outcry.

The other side you are ignoring is that we don't know what Zai is going to be producing and releasing. We won't know until that happens. Stop rehashing the same arguments that re just grasping at straws now and sit down, wait. That is all that we can do. Once Zai releases what he promised us, we have every right to discuss it and see how it relates to. Then, it will be proper again to regulate the role of Zai and his position with us. Not until then, because no one here is in the right except Joseph. Everyone else here is trying to just stroke their own ego and just act irrationally on as many topics they can at one time.

Literally whenever something like this is brought up, everything else that is a problem with the moderating team is brought up. You guys only care to voice your opinions when someone else does because you don't actually care about what happens and to critically look at the problems of the moderating team until there is actual reason to discuss one aspect of it. Then, you guys just go about your day to mention every little detail. It is a chain that gets no where and is always forgotten until someone who cares about this site gives a funk, then you all seem to sheet out flying fucks that act like you care.

Can attest to Dae's last paragraph.

People are funking pussies at best and lazy bastards at worst.

"We don't like the team or its actions!"

>Topic comes up for it from someone vocal

"We have no issues, don't hit us."

Or someone gets incensed and uses it as their personal venting ground, and that helps funking nobody.

Source: am the guy who made many of the topics and/or was asked to start them only to be dropped like a hot potato

Yeah, if I make a topic about a mod, post Roxas, it's gonna be the same routine of accusations that winter wants someone else lynched

Giga was the one who kinda organized the test run compromise for Zai, it's fitting he's the one who make the topic w/ the evaluation

If y'all think Zai has done a good job as PR mod, or think that him NOW doing stuff is good enough to justify his anointment, modship for however long he's been one, and promotion, then I guess the people have spoken.

I don't. I think he had a chance as a PR mod, and at the very least he should have been active after Bree made her intentions to resign public. Yet the last we saw of PR modding was Bree's transparency initiative. 

The past proved to be a good predictor of the future in Zai's case once already

Another? Another kinda implies there is one. Isn't hiring a new RP mod just maintaining the quo given Nai's resignation?

The bigger problem is the PR mod spot, and the resignation of a PR mod who was doing her job, and the impending recall on a PR mod who isn't

At this point we effectively have no PR mod

Don't take it out of context bruh.  Another being a replacement.  You're kinda jumpin the gun.

Fair, I was just making the assumption that given Zai is actually passionate about RP, he might be active there as a mod.

Don't make that assumption. That doesn't actually help a point.

Here is a tip for arguing: Don't assume things. You take things out of context, expand on points that don't matter, and only focus on what leads to that assumption and what comes after it. Take things at face value, nothing more. Don't assume and don't put meaning into other people's words until you know what the meaning is.

Don't make that assumption. That doesn't actually help a point.

Here is a tip for arguing: Don't assume things. You take things out of context, expand on points that don't matter, and only focus on what leads to that assumption and what comes after it. Take things at face value, nothing more. Don't assume and don't put meaning into other people's words until you know what the meaning is.

You also said I never gave anything and demanded all take

My give is that Zai has the capability to be a mod, my take is that said mod is not a PR mod

I'm damn'd if a do and I'm damn'd if I don't in your book Dae

A true test of Zai's PR skills, have him add the :enduser: on discord 

:P

*stretches* Time for my final words in this thread.

lol really? Man, I left most of YCM and I should've stuck to it better. I legit only wanted to express what I truly thought was best for the site. I think things are being handled piss poor and defending the lackluster performances of many is only making it harder to try and even think about making changes. For every three people who want a change all it takes is one saying it's fine for mods to go "Welp we're fine".

But honestly. Why do I try? YCM doesn't care for me why care for it? You don't want my opinions fine I can deal with that. I am so far past done trying to do my part in this thread to make this a nicer place. It's pointless unless people are willing to try. But I don't believe anymore that they are.

I can see from some of the later posts that things might be getting done but I have tried so hard to make any changes. Even small things. I am tired of being one of those to straight up say what I feel is wrong and try and actually change it while getting shitted on.

Why write this post? Because it feels right.

Why isn't this spam and should be hidden? Because it highlights what I believe to be a very important point.

YCM is very good at shutting people down and driving them off.

If it takes this much of a shitshow for people to take notice then there are deeper problems.

I see people contsantly saying they are working on it but I've seen that so many times and the cycle repeats.

Oh and to Zai specifically. I've seen way too many times in RP you say you're working on something and never do for months so forgive me for being skeptical.

I know it sounds whiny and immature but dammit I've never felt so pressed to say something like this as badly as I do now.

So I sincerely do hope that you guys get it worked out and it goes the best possible way for all of you. Truly I do.

However if it doesn't, well, I think my "lovely assistant" can say it best.

qH2AfYq.jpg

Wallow in the squalor you created, you damn PEASANTS

200.gif

Honestly, credit where credit is due. You were one of the first to say Zai deserves his trial run, and you've stuck by that giving a honest assessment. We have our differences, but atleast here I have to acknowledge your consistency 

Just wanted to clear up some misinformation from earlier in the thread.  It seems that a lot of people believe we or someone besides Birdie purposely hid her thread to cover up some grand conspiracy.  That's not true.  At all.

tCI0uUO.png

Archived