That thing Birdie said she would do, then zai said he would do but never touched up on

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*stretches* Time for my final words in this thread.

lol really? Man, I left most of YCM and I should've stuck to it better. I legit only wanted to express what I truly thought was best for the site. I think things are being handled piss poor and defending the lackluster performances of many is only making it harder to try and even think about making changes. For every three people who want a change all it takes is one saying it's fine for mods to go "Welp we're fine".

But honestly. Why do I try? YCM doesn't care for me why care for it? You don't want my opinions fine I can deal with that. I am so far past done trying to do my part in this thread to make this a nicer place. It's pointless unless people are willing to try. But I don't believe anymore that they are.

I can see from some of the later posts that things might be getting done but I have tried so hard to make any changes. Even small things. I am tired of being one of those to straight up say what I feel is wrong and try and actually change it while getting shitted on.

Why write this post? Because it feels right.

Why isn't this spam and should be hidden? Because it highlights what I believe to be a very important point.

YCM is very good at shutting people down and driving them off.

If it takes this much of a shitshow for people to take notice then there are deeper problems.

I see people constantly saying they are working on it but I've seen that so many times and the cycle repeats.

Oh and to Zai specifically. I've seen way too many times in RP you say you're working on something and never do for months so forgive me for being skeptical.

I know it sounds whiny and immature but dammit I've never felt so pressed to say something like this as badly as I do now.

So I sincerely do hope that you guys get it worked out and it goes the best possible way for all of you. Truly I do.

However if it doesn't, well, I think my "lovely assistant" can say it best.

qH2AfYq.jpg

Wallow in the squalor you created, you damn PEASANTS

200.gif

You also said I never gave anything and demanded all take

My give is that Zai has the capability to be a mod, my take is that said mod is not a PR mod

I'm damn'd if a do and I'm damn'd if I don't in your book Dae

You're just Winter. I never said anything against him being a mod in another forum. I just want there to be some time to see what is being done about what this thread is related to. I already said that if we need to discuss modship, make another thread. "The damned if you do" is that the "being another mod" is completely irrelevant to the topic that is at hand here. This thread isn't about Zai's modship. It is about "That thing Birdie said she would do, then zai said he would do but never touched up on". You are going onto a topic that isn't relevant here, just as everyone else has. Make a new thread or discuss it somewhere with the appropriate people. Stay relevant, man.

I hid the thread because that was my idea, I didn't know if Zai was going to go through with it or not. So I hid the topic cause I figured that if he was going to go through with it, he could bring it back when he was ready to do so. Because life was getting hectic for me fairly fast, I didn't really have time to clarify. 

If I was mistaken, and only the moderator who hid a thread can reshow it, I'm sorry about that, I didn't realize that.

Point is, I hid that thread because it seemed wrong to leave it up with Zai being the one to run the show now. I figured he would have a thread up with his plans once he was ready.

So yeah, that one is on me, not Zai. Shoulda mentioned it in the status bar, but since stuff was happening pretty fast, it slipped my mind.

You're just Winter. I never said anything against him being a mod in another forum. I just want there to be some time to see what is being done about what this thread is related to. I already said that if we need to discuss modship, make another thread. "The damned if you do" is that the "being another mod" is completely irrelevant to the topic that is at hand here. This thread isn't about Zai's modship. It is about "That thing Birdie said she would do, then zai said he would do but never touched up on". You are going onto a topic that isn't relevant here, just as everyone else has. Make a new thread or discuss it somewhere with the appropriate people. Stay relevant, man.

Fine, I think not doing what Birdie did, and what he said he would do, disqualifies him from his PR Modship. Even if he puts something out now, he's not been doing his job thus far. 

We've had too many mods who weren't doing anything. Warm bodies. We've just gotten 3 removed, now is not the time to add one more.

Being open to his modship on another subsection is my way of deflating the claims that I have something personally against Zai. That's the easiest criticism assassination his "defenders" will push. 

I don't. 

Also for the record it's my opinion that if your actual thoughts are "a random forum no one gives a funk about" you have absolutely no reason to be a mod. Why should I respect your authority on a site "no one gives a funk about"?

But that's exactly what this is, no one knows what YCM is, the traffic is exactly that of a forum no one gives a funk about.

The logic being that since no one gives a funk about this forum, I gain absolutely nothing out of administrating it. No one gives a funk that I'm a super mod on some random forum, and anyone who does absolutely should not because there is literally no logical reason to. 

Notice however I never said that I didn't give a funk about this forum. On the contrary there are times when I genuinely feel like I'm of the minority that still does care. 

The reason I left although mainly due to life related sheet, had very much to do with the fact that I feel like this site has been set on track for inevitable failure, for two years there's been nothing but arguments and hostility regarding sheet that really doesn't require it.

It's literally a constant cycle of complaints fueled by so much sheet that by the end of each shitfest no one even remembers the original argument. And that's the funking issue, there really isn't one, it's 30% legitimacy mixed with 30% personal vendetta and 30% lol drama why the funk not. 

I get it, sheet was promised, sheet didn't happen as quickly as you would have liked it. That makes perfect sense, I fully agree. 

The thing is however, I don't even fully believe you guys know what the funk you want, and I sure as funk know that the rest of the team has no idea what the funk to do with this. How do you guys like my transparency? 

The best part is that I was the first one to propose the whole PR mod thing literally a year ago, I originally coined it as more of a diplomat figure because I feel as if to me "PR" just means be active in the community and tell the members random sheet that we're doing. Whereas I wanted the diplomatic role to actually garner information from the members and report ideas and/or suggestions to us. I was under the impression that just made a lot more sense.

I wanted to completely alleviate situations like this from ever occurring again. With a good diplomatic figure that's trusted by both parties and active enough and sociable enough to gather everything that needs to be heard by us, threads like this where it starts with one problem and then streams off into so much excess bullshit should be completely unecessary.

This transparency bullshit literally does nothing. There can't be full transparency because at that point we should just give everyone access to the mod forum, and there can't be too little transparency because we're all scumbags that'll definitely mean we're hiding sheet right. So where is this medium? Who decides on it? What about if there's an investigation going on concerning a member, do we divulge information for the sake of transparency even if that means forcing a decision prematurely? What about if a moderator is on the chopping block for some tiny funk up, do we share that? 

Again, I'm not disagreeing with the initial concern. If a mod says they're going to do something when promoted they should absolutely do whatever it is or face the consequence of removal. But I think threads like these do more harm than good in the long run. We should give Zai and any other newly elected mod a legitimate chance. 

My bad if my thoughts are all over the place, I was planning an actually cohesive thread but I felt like I should get my thoughts out there, for the sake of transparency, of course. 

As I expressed multiple times, and Dae reiterated, the purpose of this thread was not an attack on Zai, rather it was a kicker to make sure something happened. And in that respect, it worked.

That said, this all got out of hand, and both sides were awful about it.

But when talking to zai about it is met with delays, and making a thread had the results up the next day? I'm going to go with the latter.

Didn't Zai just have his chance this month? I've heard he was busy irl. Ok, if he had stepped down for the month and said, "guys, something came up, I'll be back when it's fixed" nobody would be on his case. Critics of his activity would likely have been impressed. 

That's what birdie did. Zai dicked around till Giga got on his case, and THEN made his topic to address it 

Zai had his chance, and he blew it doing exactly what people said he wouldn't do. To his credit, Cowcow is like the only original defender who is willing to call out Zai for his inactivity. The rest of you all are wringing your hands and crying "witch hunt" like it's MY fault Zai didn't do what he said he would

If someone doesn't deliver, and you keep saying it's all fine. It'll never get better. 

But that's exactly what this is, no one knows what YCM is, the traffic is exactly that of a forum no one gives a funk about.

The logic being that since no one gives a funk about this forum, I gain absolutely nothing out of administrating it. No one gives a funk that I'm a super mod on some random forum, and anyone who does absolutely should not because there is literally no logical reason to. 

Notice however I never said that I didn't give a funk about this forum. On the contrary there are times when I genuinely feel like I'm of the minority that still does care. 

The reason I left although mainly due to life related sheet, had very much to do with the fact that I feel like this site has been set on track for inevitable failure, for two years there's been nothing but arguments and hostility regarding sheet that really doesn't require it.

It's literally a constant cycle of complaints fueled by so much sheet that by the end of each shitfest no one even remembers the original argument. And that's the funking issue, there really isn't one, it's 30% legitimacy mixed with 30% personal vendetta and 30% lol drama why the funk not. 

I get it, sheet was promised, sheet didn't happen as quickly as you would have liked it. That makes perfect sense, I fully agree. 

The thing is however, I don't even fully believe you guys know what the funk you want, and I sure as funk know that the rest of the team has no idea what the funk to do with this. How do you guys like my transparency? 

The best part is that I was the first one to propose the whole PR mod thing literally a year ago, I originally coined it as more of a diplomat figure because I feel as if to me "PR" just means be active in the community and tell the members random sheet that we're doing. Whereas I wanted the diplomatic role to actually garner information from the members and report ideas and/or suggestions to us. I was under the impression that just made a lot more sense.

I wanted to completely alleviate situations like this from ever occurring again. With a good diplomatic figure that's trusted by both parties and active enough and sociable enough to gather everything that needs to be heard by us, threads like this where it starts with one problem and then streams off into so much excess bullshit should be completely unecessary.

This transparency bullshit literally does nothing. There can't be full transparency because at that point we should just give everyone access to the mod forum, and there can't be too little transparency because we're all scumbags that'll definitely mean we're hiding sheet right. So where is this medium? Who decides on it? What about if there's an investigation going on concerning a member, do we divulge information for the sake of transparency even if that means forcing a decision prematurely? What about if a moderator is on the chopping block for some tiny funk up, do we share that? 

Again, I'm not disagreeing with the initial concern. If a mod says they're going to do something when promoted they should absolutely do whatever it is or face the consequence of removal. But I think threads like these do more harm than good in the long run. We should give Zai and any other newly elected mod a legitimate chance. 

My bad if my thoughts are all over the place, I was planning an actually cohesive thread but I felt like I should get my thoughts out there, for the sake of transparency, of course. 

This was done. After Zai was anointed as the PR mod under some smokey-backroom talk. People demanded he get his month and some of trial. And I've already explain this in the thread. Birdie did her job till the day she left. Zai did his job after people made a topic demanding he do it and after people called for him to step down and called out his promotion for not doing his job

Yes, this is a small forum that really doesn't matter at the end of the day. But even then, don't take a funking job if you're not gonna do it unless people get on your case. I'd much rather of had Yui or Hina do what Birdie was doing than people white knighting for Zai

Yeh, this forum has become a hatefilled cesspit with people at each others throats, and I share some of the blame for that. But all it took for the "middle ground" was for him to literally keep Birdie's thread updated. It's not some magic voodoo formula nobody knows cause the person y'all hired knew it pretty well herself

I actually agree with a lot of what your saying, from a personal stand-point. 

I was also a kid member once, and I felt legitimate animosity toward particular members of the team at one point. Transparency™. I understand the feeling, what I don't get is the concept of forced hostility to see change, even if you get what you want, is it worth it if you cause more problems than you started with? 

Like I said, if someone was promoted to do something, there doesn't even need to be a discussion, do it or get the funk out. That's how I personally feel. That's essentially what I did when I first got promoted, literally ask anyone who was there during my first couple of months I spoke to none of those fucks because I literally thought that the majority of them were useless (Transparency™) and so I just did what I said I would do in Showcase and disregarded the rest. Though over the years having assumed this leadership position, my personal feelings no longer dictate what's best for the forum. 

I actually had someone completely different in mind for the position, but he's the one that was promoted and although personal feelings would have preferred the other candidate, as a leader I can't let that get in the way of bettering the site. Also please elaborate on that side statement about this whole smokey-backroom talk thing. 

Same thing goes for what Giga said, I actually really don't like the fact that he was promoted to do something and then didn't actually do it until he was seemingly forced to do so. And while I think he's pretty dope, I personally take issue with the way he conducted himself with this. Transparency

And while you say, well then he should be cut for it, as a leader I can't just light a fire under ever single persons ass and force results or remove them. That's what I believe was the reason for Sakura's initial shortcoming. He tried to do way too much in order to appease everyone that it ended up being more detrimental in certain cases. I genuinely believe in order for people to do good they need to have the backing of the other mods and the members, otherwise you're just damning them from the start. 

Arguing what should have been done, or what shouldn't is irrelevant, sheet's been done now. It's the same thing I said in the mod forum recently, we have to work with what we have first and foremost. Removing mods and then adding more on constant rotation is almost assuredly detrimental. We're literally playing a shitty web version of jenga at this point. 

I actually agree with a lot of what your saying, from a personal stand-point. 

I was also a kid member once, and I felt legitimate animosity toward particular members of the team at one point. Transparency™. I understand the feeling, what I don't get is the concept of forced hostility to see change, even if you get what you want, is it worth it if you cause more problems than you started with? 

Like I said, if someone was promoted to do something, there doesn't even need to be a discussion, do it or get the funk out. That's how I personally feel. That's essentially what I did when I first got promoted, literally ask anyone who was there during my first couple of months I spoke to none of those fucks because I literally thought that the majority of them were useless (Transparency™) and so I just did what I said I would do in Showcase and disregarded the rest. Though over the years having assumed this leadership position, my personal feelings no longer dictate what's best for the forum. 

I actually had someone completely different in mind for the position, but he's the one that was promoted and although personal feelings would have preferred the other candidate, as a leader I can't let that get in the way of bettering the site. Also please elaborate on that side statement about this whole smokey-backroom talk thing. 

Same thing goes for what Giga said, I actually really don't like the fact that he was promoted to do something and then didn't actually do it until he was seemingly forced to do so. And while I think he's pretty dope, I personally take issue with the way he conducted himself with this. Transparency

And while you say, well then he should be cut for it, as a leader I can't just light a fire under ever single persons ass and force results or remove them. That's what I believe was the reason for Sakura's initial shortcoming. He tried to do way too much in order to appease everyone that it ended up being more detrimental in certain cases. I genuinely believe in order for people to do good they need to have the backing of the other mods and the members, otherwise you're just damning them from the start. 

Arguing what should have been done, or what shouldn't is irrelevant, sheet's been done now. It's the same thing I said in the mod forum recently, we have to work with what we have first and foremost. Removing mods and then adding more on constant rotation is almost assuredly detrimental. We're literally playing a shitty web version of jenga at this point. 

Well I don't want to overly re-hash an old issue because Dad and Black did their best to clear things up

So the idea was the community would nominate people, we'd vote, and the mods would choose among the people that had the highest vote total. Zai wasn't really active on the forums and showed up recently. 

Bree was unanimous, everyone loved her. But various other people got more votes than Zai. Hina, Giga, Yui were the main three. Two people ratted on Yui and gave him a vote of no confidence (his close friends), Giga ticked Black off seemingly trying to boost his standing. And the mod team disliked Hina. So while the people thought it would be one of these three, they each were taken out in secret (w/o general public knowing) and Zai was last man standing. 

There was outrage over Zai, and people like VCR and Cowcow said to give him his trial run, while others had problems with his spotty activity. And that's how we are here today.

It's not an animosity. I dislike some of his political views, but it's not even close to what happened between Roxas and me. I think he made a commitment that he did not keep, and I think not stepping down for a period like bree did shows he didn't care. 

My lack of a personal hatred towards him, as many people seem to imply is present, should be negated by the fact that I'm quite open to him vying for Nai's old job as RP mod.

I just think someone w/ a history of endorsements from the Public and Mod, like my current top candidate, Tormey, would have a much better tenure as a PR mod.

I agree that a constant set rotation is bad, so do it right this time. We got Dad (and Bree for the short time she was with us), and even Black and Nai that way. The public pushed for someone they liked, and those people did or are doing their jobs funking amazingly.

Contrast that with certain mod members who lingered and became part of a bloated bureaucracy. 

Also what is this about him also being a TCG/Debates mod? When and who decided that!

Hey crap this thread is scary. Anyways, time to add my two cents.

Zai should not, in my opinion, become RP mod, at least not yet. He had a trial period in which he has said he will make a thread, but hasn't. This is far too similar to the RP section itself when he said "Oh, I'll post," But he didn't for at least a month or so.

Why should I trust someone who can't do what they said they'd do to be my mod?

Secondly, half the RP section has no idea what's going on right now. Most of us didn't even know that Zai was in line to become mod, and most people were shocked when Zai of all people was chosen to be RP mod.

I think the communication between the mod team and the section should be a bit clearer. Like, yes, RP keeps to itself, so it is partly their fault for being in the dark.

But we have an RP chat with a mod in it, we could have at least been told "Hey, Zai is becoming a mod, what do you think?" Instead, it's more, "Zai is becoming a mod, deal with it, and no one who stands against him has any valid concerns".

I just believe this whole situation has been handled poorly.

Archived