~ a lunar origins roleplay ~
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- [LM1] Rules and Regulations
- Basic Rules
- Advanced Clause And Further Expectations
- My Authority, The Stuff You Don't Have, And Why I Can Kill Your Character On The Teensiest of Whims (And Will)
- [LM2] Luxmilia And You
- The Story Thus Far (Interest Check)
LM1 - RULES AND REGULATIONS
Hey there! Before you go about posting in my roleplay and making applications and whatnot, there are going to be a few rules you have to adhere to. By the authority vested as the creator of this roleplay, I reserve the right to fully enforce any of the following rules and punish those who fail to adhere to them, with punishments ranging from a strongly-worded report (lol) to a blacklist from any and all future roleplaying games I deign to develop - and both include a swift kick and a pat on the back for myself congratulating a job well done. By applying to my roleplay or posting in this thread, you agree to adhere to these rules unless said rule has been overridden by a moderator of the RP forum or a Super Moderator.
- The Advanced Clause Must Be Followed. Further information regarding this can be found below.
- You will strive to maintain perfect grammar in any and all IC posts in this roleplay.
- Romance between characters is allowed. However, all interpersonal romantic material must be developed off-site. This roleplay is not a slice of life - it is an adventure.
- Only one character per player is allowed.
- If a player is found to be 'godmodding' or 'metagaming', report it to a gamemaster (me). I will review your case and make a decision accordingly; a warning will be given to the offending parties.
- I expect you to make posts promptly after the last player did so. Failure to participate and do your part will result in you being dropped from the roleplay. Your character will probably be killed off.
- To add to the above, I reserve the right to kill off any character and I will exercise this right during the roleplay. I will always inform a character's player beforehand, unless an aformentioned rule has been broken.
Advanced Clause And Further Expectations
The Advanced Clause is as follows:
"a. All IC posts require at least 100 words, roughly 4 lines at standard formatting.
b. Posting in script format is forbidden.
c. Copy-pasting or “expying” characters without tailoring them to the new roleplay is forbidden."
As the host of this roleplay, these rules are what are to be considered the bare minimum for any roleplay on this website. However, I expect better from those I accept into this roleplay, and thusly the Advanced Clause has been amended to 300 words per post for this roleplay. If you cannot muster a way to write that much? Find inspiration. Find a way. It's not hard.
And yes, I will check.
LM2 - Luxmilia And You
The Story Thus Far
Eight years have passed since the destruction of civilization as all knew it at the hands of the Summoner - a nameless mage of seemingly limitless power - and the great nameless Goddess he rode upon into the world's scene, a great being whose body extended high into the sky and whose every step caused the continents to tremble. Cities were frozen over under her breath; towns were crushed under a hand or a foot, and entire countries were torn asunder by great lances of ice raining from the heavens - the only reminder that such places even existed, now, are several great lakes; craters, caused by the very lances that birthed them.
Those who bore witness to her destruction never saw anything above the barrier of clouds that covered her visage; the only way the Goddess communicated with anyone was through the Summoner, her champion, who claimed to command her and all of the power in the heavens.
It has been two years since the end times, and the world has slowly adapted to a world ruled by the Summoner and his Goddess. You - alongside your friends and what little remains of your family - have been moved into the Great See, a sprawling metropolis built around the seemingly final resting place of the Goddess, whose body lay prone in the center of the city on her knees.
The adjustment to life under the rule of the Summoner has been strange; you, along with most of society, do not see him nor hear of his decrees. Such things are relegated to the public through a council, these days, handpicked by the Summoner himself, who resides in a temple at based at the very knees of his godly thrall.
Those who live on the outer edges of the circular metropolis work solely on building and expansion outward, whereas those in the taller, more inner parts simply work on maintaining the structure of the sprawling castle-like architecture and occasionally building upward.
Life has been going on as normal. Every day is the same - attend schooling, as such things are allowed, go to your designated job, play on your free time... quite honestly, rule under the Summoner has not been as bad as some might have feared initially, thanks to his destruction of quite literally every nation that had any history whatsoever. Some have even begun to venerate the Summoner and his Goddess; namely the old, the meek, and the young.
Eight years after the end times, and everything seems to be going okay. Your life has been filled with turmoil, sure, but settling into this mindset of service and expansion has kept humanity going.
That is, until - out of nowhere - you, too, summoned something into this world.
No technology - think an ancient fantasy world, with humans, elves, and various other fantasy races, but no magic. Magic as far as your character's knowledge goes that doesn't have to do with the Summoner or the Goddess, anyways.