Star Grail-Bearing Priestess

Star-Grail-Maiden.jpg?resize=219%2C300&s

Seihai o itadaku miko / Star Grail-Bearing Priestess
WATER Spellcaster
LV2 0/2100
“A priestess who offers requiem prayers to the celestial deity of the planet. The staff she has obtained is a ritual tool handed down through generations, used to guard the people of the forest from the rule of the Mechaknights by converting energy into barriers. Though she hides a mystical power within herself linking her to the forest’s guardian dragon, she is usually a kind girl who treasures her childhood friend and older brother.”

Note: 機界騎士 (kikai kishi) means literally Machine World Knights, but it could be taken as either a world of machines or possibly digital. The play on words is that the “kai” in “kikai” (machine) here has been replaced with the “kai” meaning “world”. (Possibly a theme name)

The 星神 (seishin) means literally Star Deity, but the rest of the lore vaguely sounds like a nod to the Duel Terminal World, where 星 often mean the planet of the DT setting. So.

Information courtesy of ygorganization. It's a Normal Monster, which I wonder how they'll take advantage of other than Draconet and Link Spider I suppose, and Spellcaster/WATER where the Link Monster is a Cyverse-Type/FIRE, and with the information here it seems like they will probably have a lot of different types and Attributes.

depending on their capability to spam > make Aurum > summon Rabbit > summon 2 of these > either make another Link or Secure it with Toadally Awesome

ah yes i forgot the real requirement of that dammed Toad since most of the time it just splashed out by bahamut~

her clothing  kinda like a cross between Ritual Beast Tamers and either Ghiski or Ice Barriers tribe

depending on their capability to spam > make Aurum > summon Rabbit > summon 2 of these > either make another Link or Secure it with Toadally Awesome

her clothing  kinda like a cross between Ritual Beast Tamers and either Ghiski or Ice Barriers tribe

Toadally requires Aquas, and this is a Spellcaster unfortunately.

I'm still skeptical on this lore of Mechaknights being DT-related; it could be a brand new story, like Dracoslayers. I do wish it's DT-related, which to be fair is kind of expected because new DT archetypes have been introduced shortly after the release of a new monster and card types: happened with Xyzs, Wyrms, Pendulums and hopefully Links and Cyverses are next. Heck, a DT Cyverse archetype spawning from Qliphort codes would be really neat, and could very well be these Mechaknights mentioned in card lores.

As for uses for this card, trying to come up with other applications for it that weren't already mentioned or that take advantage of its typing and/or stats but so far can't think of any. It's not even a Tuner as an alternative to Galaxy Serpent. Maybe its 0 ATK could be of use? IDK.

Maybe its 0 ATK could be of use? IDK.

I was gonna say Box of Friends, but then I remembered it SS 2 different Normals. That and I don't think the archetype will have another Normal this set, so BoF might not be an option (Unless you want to use Galaxy Serpent for Xyz/Link plays).

EDIT: looks like BoF could be an option after all.

So either this archetype is going to have WATER and FIRE monsters, or a wide variety of monsters. Either way they (Star Grails) should probably carry some Normal Monster support or this will just end up being a worse Frog the Jam (because this is a spellcaster while toadally needs 2 aquas)

I'd like for Konami to look at their pre-existing vanillas from back in the early days of the game and pick random ones to make lore and support off of.

We have so many junk ones that I think that'd be nice legacy support and do more or less the same purpose once in a while.... Just reprint with alt art or something.....

That said..... Does this one have support revealed for it? It has solid stats and nice art, and the combination of its traits I don't think has been done before.

Tri-Wight

Dark Factory of Mass Production

Any Spellcaster-related support like Wonder Wand, Magical Dimension, I forget the name of that Level 2 FLIP Spellcaster Yuma used, Apprentice Magician, etc.

Toadally Awesome

I can see some of those above ideas being outclassed by whatever her archetype does when it gets revealed but it is still an interesting card to try out.

I'd like for Konami to look at their pre-existing vanillas from back in the early days of the game and pick random ones to make lore and support off of.

We have so many junk ones that I think that'd be nice legacy support and do more or less the same purpose once in a while.... Just reprint with alt art or something.....

That said..... Does this one have support revealed for it? It has solid stats and nice art, and the combination of its traits I don't think has been done before.

Tri-Wight

Dark Factory of Mass Production

Any Spellcaster-related support like Wonder Wand, Magical Dimension, I forget the name of that Level 2 FLIP Spellcaster Yuma used, Apprentice Magician, etc.

Toadally Awesome

I can see some of those above ideas being outclassed by whatever her archetype does when it gets revealed but it is still an interesting card to try out.

For the first point, you mean like what they did with Kagemusha of the Six Samurai?

Regarding support for this card, it is an archetype member along Swordsman Aurum. WATER/Spellcaster is not that rare, IMO. You see it in Ice Barriers, some Gishki and Nekroz, and the random card here and there like Crystal Seer, Aqua Madoor.

And you may be onto something with Tri-Wight, actually. If they are fast enough, they could get multiples of these on field ASAP, use for Link Summoning, and grab them again with Tri-Wight to Link or Rank2 Summon. Mass Production works too, because you grab 2, Normal Summon 1, turn it into Link Spider, and Spider summons the other one from hand with its effect.

Also, friendly reminder that Toadally requires Aquas, not WATERs xD

For the first point, you mean like what they did with Kagemusha of the Six Samurai?

Regarding support for this card, it is an archetype member along Swordsman Aurum. WATER/Spellcaster is not that rare, IMO. You see it in Ice Barriers, some Gishki and Nekroz, and the random card here and there like Crystal Seer, Aqua Madoor.

And you may be onto something with Tri-Wight, actually. If they are fast enough, they could get multiples of these on field ASAP, use for Link Summoning, and grab them again with Tri-Wight to Link or Rank2 Summon. Mass Production works too, because you grab 2, Normal Summon 1, turn it into Link Spider, and Spider summons the other one from hand with its effect.

Also, friendly reminder that Toadally requires Aquas, not WATERs xD

For the first point, that's not exactly. I mean more like what they did with Skull Servant. Or say for example, make a "Petit" archetype that has enough reason to use old cards with that name and suddenly Petit Dragon/Petit Angel are easy to move around in a modern deck.... OR be like "plant vanilla monsters" and suddenly Mushroom Man, Man Eater, Firegrass, Man-Eating Plant, Tentacle Plant, Laughing Flower, Abyss Flower, Yashinoki, and maybe even Gigaplant (though hopefully dodging this one as the optimal one xD ) would find a use.

About the support part, that being a Cyverse type is so random. Though yeah this card can potentially be revived in multiples with Tri-Wight and make it's Linked Zones live. It then IS a generic revive even if the Link and cost are so archetype dependent to trigger. I like the idea so far.

Wait a moment..... This is the bigger image, and she has a sub-Type. Is this a Tuner?

3aCYJoR.png

For the first point, that's not exactly. I mean more like what they did with Skull Servant. Or say for example, make a "Petit" archetype that has enough reason to use old cards with that name and suddenly Petit Dragon/Petit Angel are easy to move around in a modern deck.... OR be like "plant vanilla monsters" and suddenly Mushroom Man, Man Eater, Firegrass, Man-Eating Plant, Tentacle Plant, Laughing Flower, Abyss Flower, Yashinoki, and maybe even Gigaplant (though hopefully dodging this one as the optimal one xD ) would find a use.

About the support part, that being a Cyverse type is so random. Though yeah this card can potentially be revived in multiples with Tri-Wight and make it's Linked Zones live. It then IS a generic revive even if the Link and cost are so archetype dependent to trigger. I like the idea so far.

Wait a moment..... This is the bigger image, and she has a sub-Type. Is this a Tuner?

3aCYJoR.png

In OCG, Normal monsters now have [Normal] as subtype.

EDIT: Ninja'd

And, you meant the case of Skull Servant xD

Yeah, would be amusing for them to make another archetype around a vanilla.

Thanks guys xD
It's nice that they do since it's always been the only card type without written specification. We all just always knew it was the yellow cards with italic text and no [/Effect] sub-type.

It's more foolproof so it's good IMO.

Archived