[Link / Pendulum] Encrypted Transmigration Wyrm

◇ Void ◇

I got bored and decided to splice together Grezar’s templates to make the first Link Pendulum.

This first attempt is a bit of hodgepodge of effects trying to focus on supressing swarming for the Extra Deck. Nuking linked monsters and locking their zones upon summon, Wyrm then gets to work by preventing Tokens and Trap Monsters being used for quick Links (GG Scapegoat). If it also gets destroyed in the right zone, then it lives on to punish your opponent for using the Extra Deck though graveyard thinning and an eventual veto over summoning something from the extra deck.

And before anyone asks, I can't share this template.

T7iDRF1.png

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except Cyverse-Type monsters. When your opponent would Special Summon  a monster from their Extra Deck: They must banish 3 cards from their Graveyard. If they cannot; Negate the Summon, and if you do, return that card to the Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of “Encrypted Transmigration Wyrm” once per turn.

Link 3 - Effect Monsters - Min. 1
When this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all monsters linked to this card, and if you do, the Monster Card Zones they occupied cannot be used until the end of the next turn. While you control this card, neither player can Special Summon any Tokens, or Trap Cards that are also treated as a Monster. If this card in the Extra Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

An interesting idea, though pendulums not being recurring is the reason such ... nvm, forget what I just said, considering it either works as a regular link if it does not leave the field and otherwise it being a link means nothing. Though I suggest you follow the convention of a link monster having a number of markers equal to his link number. By the way, is the reason it does not have the "can be pendulum summoned" part on purpose ?

If this is a link 3 shouldn't this only have 3 link markers not 6? Also the effects to destroy monsters linked to it is intresting if their pointed to your opponents side and it seems funny how its effect prevents the summon of Tokens and Trap Monsters.

Still as I said if this is a Link 3 it should only have 3 markers not 6.

Archived