Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

THE MODERATOR REPORT [Staff Transparency Thread]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic

Dad

Dad

We give no fucks about the way that you feelin'.

• Juice

• 14,768 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:41 AM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

2/20/18

After discussion, member, "The gamer's holy word" has been suspended for twenty-four hours.

Drowning in your silence.

Dad

Dad

We give no fucks about the way that you feelin'.

• Juice

• 14,768 posts
    Last Visit Today, 11:41 AM
  • Discord:Pops#5515
  • Alias:Dad
  • Spouse:Hip-hop

2/24/2018

A discussion is underway regarding adding Tormented to staff in a permanent position.  No decision has been made because we will have a public discussion to receive any and all concerns regarding Tormented in the "Complaints" thread.

Drowning in your silence.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,514 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Sakura#2014
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

3/10/2018

I will be going on a 2-3 week break to focus on my coursework and other matters, including personality issues on my end that must be addressed. I do not have a definitive return date, but will be towards the last week of March.

While I am gone, Dad will be the interim Custom Cards moderator. Those of you who frequent the area, please make sure you abide by the rule threads and anything he tells you within reason. 

Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Merry Neomas!

• Moderators
  • 11,807 posts
    Last Visit Today, 06:48 AM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

3/14/2018

Why are we dating these anyway?

...Okay so I am going to be working again after a couple months of injury. What this means is I won't be as active. Granted I will still be posting every day just might take me more time to get to things some days. Posting just to let everyone know that there will be a slowing of my response time and to say that it is even more helpful than ever to PM me for any concerns so I can more easily get to them when I'm home.

8PBUpdp.gif

Night

Night

ليلة ماشي

• Legendary Members
  • 7,824 posts
    Last Visit Mar 21 2018 02:00 AM
  • Discord:Framed 🤔#5862
  • Spouse:you

3/21

your boy's retiring 

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Merry Neomas!

• Moderators
  • 11,807 posts

Some freaking dates idk which specifically why did no one use this.

1. Sakura became regular mod

2. Zai stepped down

Y'all probably all know this but figured I'd put it here anyway

8PBUpdp.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,514 posts
    Last Visit

To be more specific, 

3/26/2018 - I self-demoted. 

3/31/2018 - Zai's demotion was taken care of.

The staff thread will be updated for the latter.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,514 posts
    Last Visit

4/22/2018

Enguin's ban has been lifted after properly discussing the matter amongst ourselves. 

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,514 posts
    Last Visit

8/22/2018

For those of you who aren't aware of the situation, most of Hawai'i is under hurricane warning due to Hurricane Lane (at the moment, a Cat. 4). So far, it hasn't affected my area yet, but this will be the case on Friday/Saturday (hopefully in a much weaker form than it currently is, or storm tracks further west and doesn't hit directly if models are accurate).

Self-explanatory, if storm hits, I won't be here on YCM to do my duties. As such, one of the other mods will take care of Custom Cards and elsewhere until I return. [I already left notes for how to keep business flowing normally in there.]

Until this happens, I will still be online and handling any business that requires my attention. Rest of the team already knows about this, but I'm saying this so rest of you know why I'm gone for an extended period of time (if it happens). This is not a definitive, but there's a high chance of it right now (uncertainty included).

Hopefully things don't turn out for the worst and I can return quickly, but that's out of my hands.

tl;dr, Announcing a potential absence on my end due to an act of nature beyond my control; hopefully this doesn't happen or impact is minimal, but things happen.

• Dad likes this
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Merry Neomas!

• Moderators
  • 11,807 posts

Some of you may have noticed I've given out more Warning Points lately. That is to say....my only Warning Points I've given (barring one that was given by Sakura from my suggestion because I was at work). There's a reason for this.

So...for the entire time I've been a mod I've dealt with things with an incredibly light touch. Only giving verbal warnings, passing over some punishable posts because I felt they were passing things that wouldn't grow into more, and so on. In the hopes that the members would be able to straighten themselves up and more/less self-moderate. I really, really, had high hopes that this kind of moderating would make things here better. That people would gradually work out the issues themselves with some suggestion.

But that will start to change in the coming days. I'll likely be more strict with myself with handing out warning points and punishments for behavior that deserves punishments. I don't like it at all but what I've learned from the time I've spent as mod is that handling some things too softly just doesn't work.

I'm not gonna just punish people willy nilly but if you have a history of me warning you verbally then it's about to get a bit more strict.

That said I will ALSO be more vocal when I believe another member of the mod team is doing something they shouldn't. I'm going to try and be better about speaking up if I think a member of the team is in the wrong.

So basically tl;dr I'm gonna be more strict on myself and everyone else in the hopes that this will work where the less strict style didn't.

8PBUpdp.gif

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators

• 40,514 posts
    Last Visit

11/26/2018

Just going to announce that yes, I'm still here and back from "vacation". Had some things at the start of the month that required dealing with, including personal life and upper division work.

I apologize for going on break without announcing that I'd be gone for a period of time.

Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Character results
YCM Accolades

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users