THE MODERATOR REPORT [Staff Transparency Thread]

BANZAI!!!!

11/28/2017

For a number of reasons I'd prefer to keep personal, I'll be resigning from my position as moderator effective as of this post going up. I won't rule out the possibility of rejoining the mod team down the line, but it's not something I'd expect in the foreseeable future.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12/5/2017

Enguin has been permabanned due to promoting frequent hate speech in statuses and being a disruptive member overall, even after being told to shape up since his last ban. 

====

Today, he posted a status that was considered to be anti-Semitic in nature. This kind of behavior is not acceptable on YCM, and he has had a history of doing so multiple times. While it is fine to crack jokes, there is a line between playful banter and ethnic discrimination. This case fell far into the latter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1/18/2018

Yeah, I'm officially back to handling site stuff.

Like the above note mentioned, I needed some time off to cool off, think over some priorities / handling matters and get used to my courseload for the semester (figure out how things will work out).

====

There is a list of items that will be addressed shortly after this post, including doing the proceedings for Smear's demotion as that was left undone and business pertaining to renovating the guide threads in Casual Cards.

So yeah, I want to say thank you to Dad for filling in while I was away. 

====

Hope for the best moving forward!

1/21/2018

The week of Jan. 29 through Feb. 2, I will not be available.  This means no pms will be answered by me.  I have a week-long orientation to attend for Alpha Sigma Phi.  Staff has my contact information if it's important.

• 2 weeks later...

1/2/18

As of right now, the TCG/OCG Card Discussion section is now operating under the new rules, which can be found here: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/370387-rules-for-tcgocg-card-discussion-last-updated-1st-february-2018/

NOTE: Everything posted prior to the officiation of these rules are excluded from warning, though everything afterwards is not.

TCG/OCG Decks have likewise been given an addendumed rule which requires all participants (from today onwards) to provide a decklist with the decks they post, for clarity's sake.

2/2/2018

The week of February 5 through February 9, 2018, I will be extremely busy with schooling and ceremonies.  Staff will be able to reach me in the event of an emergency and I will be monitoring the site passively by mobile.  For the most part, I will be absent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3/10/2018

I will be going on a 2-3 week break to focus on my coursework and other matters, including personality issues on my end that must be addressed. I do not have a definitive return date, but will be towards the last week of March.

While I am gone, Dad will be the interim Custom Cards moderator. Those of you who frequent the area, please make sure you abide by the rule threads and anything he tells you within reason. 

3/14/2018

Why are we dating these anyway?

...Okay so I am going to be working again after a couple months of injury. What this means is I won't be as active. Granted I will still be posting every day just might take me more time to get to things some days. Posting just to let everyone know that there will be a slowing of my response time and to say that it is even more helpful than ever to PM me for any concerns so I can more easily get to them when I'm home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

8/22/2018

For those of you who aren't aware of the situation, most of Hawai'i is under hurricane warning due to Hurricane Lane (at the moment, a Cat. 4). So far, it hasn't affected my area yet, but this will be the case on Friday/Saturday (hopefully in a much weaker form than it currently is, or storm tracks further west and doesn't hit directly if models are accurate).

Self-explanatory, if storm hits, I won't be here on YCM to do my duties. As such, one of the other mods will take care of Custom Cards and elsewhere until I return. [i already left notes for how to keep business flowing normally in there.]

Until this happens, I will still be online and handling any business that requires my attention. Rest of the team already knows about this, but I'm saying this so rest of you know why I'm gone for an extended period of time (if it happens). This is not a definitive, but there's a high chance of it right now (uncertainty included).

Hopefully things don't turn out for the worst and I can return quickly, but that's out of my hands.

tl;dr, Announcing a potential absence on my end due to an act of nature beyond my control; hopefully this doesn't happen or impact is minimal, but things happen.

• 1 month later...

Some of you may have noticed I've given out more Warning Points lately. That is to say....my only Warning Points I've given (barring one that was given by Sakura from my suggestion because I was at work). There's a reason for this.

So...for the entire time I've been a mod I've dealt with things with an incredibly light touch. Only giving verbal warnings, passing over some punishable posts because I felt they were passing things that wouldn't grow into more, and so on. In the hopes that the members would be able to straighten themselves up and more/less self-moderate. I really, really, had high hopes that this kind of moderating would make things here better. That people would gradually work out the issues themselves with some suggestion.

But that will start to change in the coming days. I'll likely be more strict with myself with handing out warning points and punishments for behavior that deserves punishments. I don't like it at all but what I've learned from the time I've spent as mod is that handling some things too softly just doesn't work.

I'm not gonna just punish people willy nilly but if you have a history of me warning you verbally then it's about to get a bit more strict.

That said I will ALSO be more vocal when I believe another member of the mod team is doing something they shouldn't. I'm going to try and be better about speaking up if I think a member of the team is in the wrong.

So basically tl;dr I'm gonna be more strict on myself and everyone else in the hopes that this will work where the less strict style didn't.

Archived