ask bird stuff

Kazooie

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? 

AT LEAST TWO AND A HALF WINGS

at least

Have you told your family about Winter's advances?

Josh knows all about it. He doesn't take it seriously.

He's correct to do that, Winter isn't compatible with me at all. -v-

What is your favorite thing to do that doesn't involve an electronic device of some sort?

Reading, by far.

I don't mind reading off a tablet or something, but I really love having a book in my hands. The feel of paper means a lot to me, cause when I was younger I would pretty often just fall asleep on a book.

It makes me sad that it can cost so much to keep up to date on current books, I don't have the money to purchase them as I would like.

Do you know why it is that birds fly?

We fly away to flee the overwhelming guilt that binds you mammals to the ground. -v-

What is [your] opinion of [me]?

I like you, I think you get your head too far up your own ass with your jokes sometimes, but usually you make me giggle and are generally an enjoyable person to be around.

We haven't really talked much, so I can't say a ton that others can't say better. YCM has this horrible tendency of taking you way too seriously at the worst times. >.>''

How was your weekend?  What did you do?  And what are some things you want to make more time for?

Weekend was pretty boring. I spent most of it spending time with Mel, playing some games, just being on call with each other, since she had it off. She's been working evenings at her job and she's three hours behind me, so that means we haven't had as much time together.

As far as things I wanna make more time for, well... It's not so much an issue with time, but I wanna get up the guts to actually play some funking competitive Overwatch. Aside from that, I need to put some extra time aside during the day to work on writing.

We fly As far as things I wanna make more time for, well... It's not so much an issue with time, but I wanna get up the guts to actually play some funking competitive Overwatch. Aside from that, I need to put some extra time aside during the day to work on writing.

Just play Genji Reinhardt, Roadhog, or Mercy and you'll climb pretty fast.

Who is Josh? 

Josh is my Josh, Black. I know Icy is Josh too, but I think of him as fake Josh. -v-

Someone I should know about, apparently >:/

YOU AIN'T MY REAL DAD YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW s***. >:T

I understand that circumstances prevent you from taking an active of a role as you would have liked, but what do you think would be the best things for the forum, going forward? From the mod team as well as the members.

Again, it sucks. I was happy to have the chance to do something, and I hate that it came at such a poor time. I wanted to do something for this site, I STILL want to do something for this place, but I'm not gonna wind up doin' the kinda stuff I was against anyway. I'm not gonna take up space while doing nothing, I hate that.

This is kinda a complicated one. To keep it simple...

Mods need to be better about being open. It's a rough road, it isn't easy, and they're gonna have their pride hurt doing it. It takes some steps, it takes effort, it sure as f*** isn't easy. And I think the 'it's an internet forum we don't get paid doing this so it doesn't really matter' attitude is terrible.

Members need to remember the mods are f***in' people too. Mistakes are gonna happen. You don't crucify someone for one mistake, you don't go out of your way to defend them for multiple mistakes. It takes time to get things into a good state, and it takes both sides working together.

Just play Genji Reinhardt, Roadhog, or Mercy and you'll climb pretty fast.

Uuuuurg, Rein is so boring to play. I mean, he's one I know how to play, but I don't have a ton of fun with him. I tend to play him too passively at the same time.

Roadhog is fun, I like Roadhog. But damn. I'm really bad with his Hook. I seem to miss easy hooks a lot, it's probably cause I just haven't been able to put the time into him.

Mercy is alright. Until Ana gets significantly nerfed, I'll probably stay on her. She's just way too strong to really pass up. Lucio is kinda the same, so I can fill either healer slot.

Is life a little better at least after the issues that forced your step down. You seemed really distraught 

Things are tense, but alright right now. I'm working on writing some more, Getting financial aid together to finish up my two year degree a little late because of some scheduling issues that happened and depression made me have to take a bit of time off from school cause it was stressing me out.

Right now I'm just trying to get writing done, spend time with Mel and Josh when they're around. My time is kinda split into two sections, it's hard to explain and I can't exactly do it easily.

Things are better, for the most part. A lot of that distress was because I had been hoping for a chance to do some good for a long time, but classic irony kicked in and I had to have a short run. -v-

come back, I've got nice room for you in the mod forum

s***'s equipped with HBO and there's a swanky jukebox with some classic jams 

damn dude that's some temptin' stuff right there.

honestly, if life calms down and there's a spot open for me, i'd love to come back in the future and help out where I can, but right now, I gotta take care of s*** and get stuff done.

can't put in the time that the position deserves right now, and I ain't gonna do a half-assed job. -v-''

Who is "Icy" ?

Icy was an old ex-Custom Cards moderator. He may or may not have been a Super Mod at some point, I don't remember?

Either way, the only reason he was relevant to me is because he shared a name with my boyfriend. I never really talked to Icy much myself.

What's a favorite past time of yours?

Got any favorite actors or actresses?

How bout the movies they've played in?

I said reading earlier, but it really is something I love to do. Aside from that, I do enjoy cooking quite a bit, but I can't reliably get fresh ingredients to experiment with and try making new things. Once I'm with Josh and Mel, I plan on doing more cooking, especially since Josh enjoys it. -v-

Alan Rickman was one of my absolute favorites, having him pass away really put me in a funk for a while. Johnny Depp is also really enjoyable to watch, when he's got a good role and good direction. Sometimes he can just be a bit... Over the top, but when it's applied properly, it really works.

Naturally, the two of them together in Sweeny Todd really made my day, I love that movie. I'm not normally a huge movie person, but that one was really good. -v-

Archived