:)

• Goddess
  • 4,980 posts
  • Alias:Kate
  • Spouse:Zai

smQha.png

theme

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

The cold winter's night nipped at the heels of the guardsman posted at the southern gate of the town of Vale.  Guard duty here was mandatory; every male in the village was charged with protecting the walls from beasts and men alike every once in a while.  Tonight was Rickert's first time guarding the wall, at the ripe age of sixteen.  Barely old enough to be called a man, he was understandably nervous, despite the lack of activity past the walls in the Black Woods and beyond for nary his entire life.  Even so, he couldn't shake this feeling of dread that nestled in the small of his neck.  Every rustle of the snow pushing aside a leaf was noticed and made his hair stand on end; add that to the fact that he could barely see six feet in front of him with abundant torchlight around, one might feel easily sympathetic.  Night time in Vale was almost always unsettling, for one reason or another.  Just another normal night, though Rickert with a defeated sigh.  Just like a night out with the boys.

Dawn soon began to break through the snowy canopy looming just around the edges of the hidden village, a welcome sight for the virgin guardsman.  "...finally." he stated, as if to punctuate his shift.  Another night over, another safe day.  It was time for his much needed and well-earned rest.  Rickert began to head back inside, climbing up a ladder left for him and hoisting himself over the edge, onto the inside of the wall - into safety.

Or so he thought.

Wisteria.

Witch hunters.  Tongue takers.  Silencers, the Will of God.  Many different places have a name for the ancient, ever-present order, but very few are privy to proper knowledge regarding the order at all.  Those who they take do not come back; those they silence never speak.

Faceless in all but motive, the hunters of Wisteria have but one charge; rid the land of 'witches' - immortal, lunatic creatures born of stress, hatred and desire from the souls of broken people.

Their word - their blades - are an absolute authority, and few dare question the order or its methods.

None else have been able to match their murderous efficiency - and none wish to try, lest they be consumed by the very despair that births witches in the first place.

Basic Rules

Hey there!  Before you go about posting in my roleplay and making applications and whatnot, there are going to be a few rules you have to adhere to.  By the authority vested as the creator of this roleplay, I reserve the right to fully enforce any of the following rules and punish those who fail to adhere to them, with punishments ranging from a strongly-worded report (lol) to a blacklist from any and all future roleplaying games I deign to develop - and both include a swift kick and a pat on the back for myself congratulating a job well done.  By applying to my roleplay or posting in this thread, you agree to adhere to these rules unless said rule has been overridden by a moderator of the RP forum or a Super Moderator.

• The Advanced Clause Must Be Followed.  Further information regarding this can be found below.
  • You will strive to maintain perfect grammar in any and all IC posts in this roleplay.
  • Romance between characters is allowed.  You will not, however, derail the RP with smut.
  • If a player is found to be 'godmodding' or 'metagaming', report it to a gamemaster (me).  I will review your case and make a decision accordingly; a warning will be given to the offending parties.
  • I expect you to make posts promptly and often.  Failure to participate will have my exercise my right to kick you from the roleplay.
  • To add to the above, I reserve the right to kill off any character and I will exercise this right during the roleplay.  I will always inform a character's player beforehand, unless an aforementioned rule has been broken.

Advanced Clause And Further Expectations

As a participant in any YCM roleplay you are expected to follow both the site's rules and the advanced clause.

The Advanced Clause is as follows:

"a. All IC posts require at least 100 words, roughly 4 lines at standard formatting.

b. Posting in script format is forbidden.
c. Copy-pasting or “expying” characters without tailoring them to the new roleplay is forbidden."

As the host of this roleplay, these rules are what are to be considered the bare minimum for any roleplay on this website.  However, I expect better from those I accept into this roleplay, and thusly the Advanced Clause has been amended to 300 words per post.  If you cannot muster a way to write that much?  Find inspiration.  Find a way.  It's not hard.

And yes, I will check.

The Story So Far...

You are a member of Wisteria, an elite squad of witch hunters.  Specifically, you belong to a special operations squad known as "Amen", a squad with a rather colorful history in Wisteria.  Once the most powerful and prestigious squad - one of the original Founding Three, in fact - Amen has since lost much of its glory after the old squad commander 'gave in' on her comrades, slaying a great majority of Amen and forcing a large bulk of Wisteria's other squads to lend a hand in putting her down.

Few original members of the squad remain.  Now led by the husband of the deceased commander that gave in, Amen has been set to pursue smaller, lower stress missions in lieu of concern for his mental state.

As you are all new recruits, from places unknown, you have been assigned to Amen specifically because it only handles low-intensity missions, now.  Your first call?  To investigate the village of Vale.

MISC. INFORMATION

Terms

Places

Advanced Information

Application

ARMZ CARD

GIFTS from AMAZING PEOPLE:

'Ali Al-'Arabi

Asriel Dreemurr

Asriel Dreemurr

Rage Goat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Stop, my penis can only get so erect!

Not-so-Radiant Arin

Not-so-Radiant Arin

Crystal Cluster

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Interest noted.

tumblr_mqall3i5of1sqx7ixo1_500.gif

Aix

Aix

Wolf & Spice & Everything Nice

• Wise Wolf
  • 5,708 posts
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow
Kate you are going to host 2 RPs?

Anyway, dark fantasy is my jam.

Posted Image

Swan Song

Swan Song

• Goddess
  • 4,980 posts

I want to know which one is going to garner more interest so I know where to place my effort.

ARMZ CARD

'Ali Al-'Arabi

a bad post

a bad post

waste quartz 4 waifu

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Alias:Elly
  • Spouse:Agro

I'm quite interested in both, so whichever one you decide to do I'll apply for it

Posted Image

Swan Song

Swan Song

• Goddess
  • 4,980 posts

There is going to be a Skype group for this roleplay; message me on Skype @ moonpolish if you would like to participate in it.  Planning will happen there and decisions made there will be summarized here.  Thank you.

ARMZ CARD

'Ali Al-'Arabi

Yui

Yui

The Yurricane

• Moderators
  • 3,000 posts
  • Alias:Yui

I don't normally do WIPs but I'm really out of it rn and I wanna make sure the bio's okay before I go any further so...here's a WIP.

Small Smithing Samurai (WIP)

21xnEB8.png

Asriel Dreemurr

Asriel Dreemurr

Rage Goat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
One Big Happy Family

Swan Song

Swan Song

• Goddess
  • 4,980 posts

d4be417d903040509981abf9e1d94f1d.png

"..."

Character Name: Deaf

Country of Origin:  Ea

Appearance

Biography

Personality

Recruitment:  Deaf was recruited into Wisteria out of pity, due to wanna-be witch-hunters accusing her of being a witch and de-tonguing her, motivated by a scorned lover's spite.  When presented to Wisteria, instead of receiving a fate far worse than death she received a gift - live in the safety of Witchhaven's walls for the rest of her life or serve the order as a respected member.  She chose the latter.

ARMZ CARD

'Ali Al-'Arabi

Swan Song

Swan Song

• Goddess
  • 4,980 posts

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to cancel this roleplay.

ARMZ CARD

'Ali Al-'Arabi

Swan Song

Swan Song

• Goddess
  • 4,980 posts

April fools. <3

• Yui likes this

ARMZ CARD

'Ali Al-'Arabi

Reptilious

Reptilious

[ s m u g ]

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Edwin Pryce / Barnard Wilson

contest thingy

dNAvlll.gif?noredirect

Asriel Dreemurr

Asriel Dreemurr

Rage Goat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Oh, hey Rep. Good to have more people interested. Apps are up, so go ahead and throw something out when you have time.

JellisOP

JellisOP

God of Darkness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Alright, got mine done. Just a note, Byran is a small village in Wahaav
Character Name: Denver Asteria
Country of Origin:  Wahaav
Appearance

Biography

Recruitment

Personality

Sample Post

7gNTIgW.jpg

Asriel Dreemurr

Asriel Dreemurr

Rage Goat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Alright, Jellis. I am going to give you a nice read-through of your app and put my thoughts on it here.

First things first, put details about where your character is from in their biography. It just fits together better there. You don't need to tell us where the village you mention him being from is at the top of your app. In fact, you should not. That is literally what the Biography spoiler is. Also, Wahaav is meant to be Central Asian (Middle Eastern) inspired so I don't really know if Byran fits as a name for a place in it.

Name seems pretty normal for a westerner, which your character would not be since they grew up in Wahaav. I'm not suggesting this as his name, but Altair Ibn la Ahad is a name that would be more fitting for where he's from. At least google "middle eastern names" to get some idea of the way they're structured and written.

Transgender(formerly male) in a medieval dark fantasy setting? I am assuming you mean that they underwent gender reassignment surgery or something similar, which could only be accomplished by a Witch permanently changing him. Why they would do this I have literally no idea, but we'll revisit this when I read through Denver's bio.

Age and country of origin are whatever, I've said what I have to say about him being from Wahaav already.

Appearance is...starting to be worrying. "When a he..." Does your character switch back and forth between male and female? No. That is impossible without them having their own magic power to let them do that, which would make them a witch, which would mean Wisteria would be hunting them down and thus your character would be all but impossible to keep with the cast. Also, why would their height change so much between male and female? Also, why do they have blonde hair and blue eyes when they're from the middle east? I don't know if you're aware, but those traits are exceedingly rare once you get further East than about Poland. Blonde hair more than blue eyes, people are occasionally born with blue eyes in modern day Central Asia but blonde hair is pretty much unheard of. Beyond that, why do they use different weapons? Also why would they have two completely different outfits? Does whatever magic is changing them from male to female and back again change their clothing as well? Does it change their weapon? What is the symbol of this clan you keep talking about? It doesn't help that we know it's associated with a clan unless we know what it looks like. The symbol's association should also be talked about in the biography rather than the appearance.

Gonna take a break here to go back and talk about their gender. Transgender means that a person identifies as the sex that is opposite to the one that they were born as, not that they can transition back and forth. What Denver here is is what's called a Transformative Hermaphrodite. That said, Gender is what someone identifies as. If he was a male and had this weird magic thing put on him, then he probably still identifies as male. This is why we put gender in the app, it's important for the character what they identify as. It's also why it's a good thing to include what a character's biological sex is so we can know if they're different. Anyways, the point is that you need to use the appropriate terms.

Moving onto the biography, what clan is he from? Why was there an election if he was the heir of the current head of the clan? Why would a witch care who became the head of a clan? Why would changing him into a woman stop him from becoming the head of the clan, especially after he was able to explain what had happened to his mother and the rest of the clan? Why do you not make any f***ing mention of the village he was from, where in the world it is, or how big it is? Why did the spell change his clothes and his weapon? Do you know that historically the word "broadsword" was never used, and that what you're probably thinking of is what would be called an Arming Sword? Did you know that an Arming Sword and a Short Sword are essentially the same thing? How was Denver even able to get close enough to the witch to cut their tongue out? Witches in this are basically witches from Madoka Magica, I.E. monsters on the level of something out of H.P. Lovecraft, and even though some of them will keep humanoid forms they are still pretty monstrously strong. Which is why you need really specialized training to be able to take one on, hence the existence of Wisteria. Why didn't the witch just up and eat Denver if it didn't want him to become the head of his clan? What is the name of this clan? There are just too many friggin' questions in this bio for it to be doing its job of explaining where the character is from.

Recruitment is whatever. The problems with it are more or less the same as the problems with the bio, though bringing up the two personalities thing is just...no. No no no no no, that is a stupid trope among stupid tropes. It also wouldn't lead to efficiency, especially if he can't control the transformations as you implied in the bio. "But as he acted, he would, every so often, gain the golden glow and swap genders." There isn't any usefulness in this, since you imply he can't control it. Also you used gender incorrectly again.

Your personality is actually not that bad. You sum the important things up quickly, and since there's no length requirement to it you really just tell us everything we need to know. That said, the whole split personality thing is still a stupid trope. Worse still that its tied to a physical transformation. Which brings up the question of why in the world his personality changes at all when he changes! Why would the witch even care about changing his personality at all? And I know I'm coming back to this again, but why would a witch waste all this effort on him instead of just eating him or dragging him off or whatever? If the witch wanted him for its harem, I don't see it bothering to change his sex. If they wanted a woman they would just take a woman rather than make a man into one.

Your sample post is just insulting. That you would think something so horribly minimal would be remotely acceptable is just...no. We're set in the High Middle Ages at the latest, there isn't plumbing and if there is it's in the homes of the wealthy elite. We aren't living in some Roman Empire Era where there's plumbing in large portions of cities, and we certainly aren't living in the modern day where most houses have indoor plumbing. Beyond that, people wouldn't just let some random person in to fix their pipes if they needed it.

This app is awful and stinks of not understanding the remotest aspects of the setting it is being made for.

JellisOP

JellisOP

God of Darkness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
Sorry, but I'm dropping out. I already worked so hard, and it would take like the time I put into it, and double it. Bye.
7gNTIgW.jpg

Aix

Aix

Wolf & Spice & Everything Nice

• Wise Wolf
  • 5,708 posts
  • Alias:Aix
  • Spouse:CowCow
haUi05V.png
Personal Information
Name: Lionel Wrenford
Origin: Alleria

Biography

Personality

Sample Post

Posted Image

Swan Song

Swan Song

• Goddess
  • 4,980 posts

Small bump.

ARMZ CARD

'Ali Al-'Arabi

a bad post

a bad post

waste quartz 4 waifu

• 𝔻Ө𐌋𐌋𝔸𝓡$
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Alias:Elly
  • Spouse:Agro

Character Name:  Niusha "Hush" Sedaghat

Country of Origin: Wahaav

Appearance
Biography

Recruitment:  During the witches' attack on the Abd-el-Kadir encampment Niusha was gravely wounded by the witch and his life was only saved thanks to the quick response of the witch-hunters of Wisteria who had been tracking the witch for several days. The only survivor of the attack Niusha left his clan deciding to join the ranks of the witch hunters. 

Personality

Sample Post:  (Make a sample post regarding your character - feel free to go nuts with worldbuilding.   I expect no less than four paragraphs, here.)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users