[COTD] Stargrail's Beckoned

C7bm1K8U4AEP5Iz.jpg?resize=219%2C300&ssl

COTD-JP020 星杯に誘われし者 Seihai ni Izanawareshi Mono (Stargrail’s Beckoned)
Level 4 EARTH Warrior-Type Normal Monster
ATK 1800
DEF 0
A young man who spends all his time fighting Mekstrosities.
Even when the Mekstrosity Insects living around the forest suddenly went on a rampage, he stood his ground and prevented them from breaching the barrier.
His valiant form standing at the frontlines is a source of inspiration for the denizens of the forest, but he wields his spear for the sake of his sister.

https://ygorganization.com/restorethecommonsenseofman/

===

So yeah, Star Grails are so far Normal Monsters (bar Aurum, who got his ATK boost clarified; 300 x every different one in Graveyard). I guess we can expect a Level 1 tomorrow or something, if there's a pattern going with the last two.

So, this gets support from ROTA, Masked Chameleon and Invoker.

Invoker can me made with Baobaboon, who likes being destroyed so...

How about True Dracograil Box of Baobaboons? :v

Anyway, really wish this archetype gets some kind of Jiaotu that Summons 1 Grail with 0 ATK and another with 0 DEF; would go well with the stat gimmick they have going on.

inb4 they happen to be related to Yang Zings lore-wise.

Let's see if they get one as a support Spell/Trap Card (considering the way the Main Deck stuff is turning out as Vanillas right now); if not, then maybe in Circuit Breakers (next set). Then again, we still have a couple more weeks until they're released, so they could get some Effect Monsters or they're all Vanillas bar maybe another Link except Aurum.

Box of Friends seems like a good idea, but would need to test to see if it works. (I can't really do it on YGOPro because version I have is old and still in ARC-V mode; suppose testing out if Box can summon them efficiently among other things can be done).

If the Mekstrosities are active now, then either the Qliphorts have returned in a new form, or something else is using their remains as well. Either way, the two are almost certainly related.

Still think the Starelics will be the armors/weapons of the Satellars.

As for his sword, the handle and crossguard look very Artifact-esque, but the blade is wrong. Artifact Moralltach, and in fact Beagalltach, have vein-like designs on the blade. Still peculiar, but probably coincidental.

they can go 2 ways:

1) they can go Zefra Route: each Normals is the envoy of each new tribe within let say a alliance form after Tierra defeat to handle the Mektrosities pest and securing the peace further

2) they do a standalone archetype of pure maindeck normals but their S/T and Link Monsters line up will be crazy as f***

I really want to see the mekstrosities now. the stargrails have me curious, and their S/T had better be amazing if they want to have any chance at working, but they all talk about the mekstrosities, and we've seen neither heads nor tails of them. i can't stop thinking infernoid remnants, but we don't even know if this is DT relevant yet.

Guys it's an invoker target

That's totally relevant, right?

Tbh not much to judge these on, but if there archetype has an many vanillas as it is looking to, Aurum loses a sheet ton of power.

Keep in mind that Aurum's attack boost is based on Starrelic monsters in the grave. We don't know what those are or what they'll be able to do.

>Mekstrosities

In a possible future where Synchro Summon accelerated human evolution whatever the funk that means, the Momentum, having taken in so much human greed, created an army of bugs to kill everyone who lives in forests because shut up.

When I saw "Mekstrosity Insects" the first thing that came to mind was Megacolony for some reason.

Archived