TCG Banlist March 31, 2017

Oh damn.... I just got a Racoon to help me search Kirin and now Kirin is gone xD
That said, it's understandable.... It is a pretty unfair card. Whelp, time to re-evaluate my deck a little.

The erratas annoy me because the "we can update the list whenever we need" policy seems to ignore them almost as much as Stratos still being banned.

Minus the erratas, they almost didn't do anything, but I guess I'll take it over nothing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh damn.... I just got a Racoon to help me search Kirin and now Kirin is gone xD

That said, it's understandable.... It is a pretty unfair card. Whelp, time to re-evaluate my deck a little.

The erratas annoy me because the "we can update the list whenever we need" policy seems to ignore them almost as much as Stratos still being banned.

Minus the erratas, they almost didn't do anything, but I guess I'll take it over nothing.

I thought the erratas were fairly well done. They've all been good to decent OCG side. Which of them do you so dislike?

Zoos can be a vital engine for links & r4nk

2 lv 4 ->Lyca->Bullhorn(Overlay), detach Lyca (mostly for BlackSheep or Chick)->Lyca (overlay)->Summon Lyca->Radiant 

I thought the erratas were fairly well done. They've all been good to decent OCG side. Which of them do you so dislike?

What I said is that their timing for getting off the list annoys me. Not the way they got errata'd on itself.

Like, I've had my errata'd Sangan for I think a few months now, and same thing happened with DMoC. In fact, with DMoC I think the PePe emergency banlist skipped him over.

Is Brionac errata'd or something? 

17352314_587603778114112_851802627250035

Level 6 WATER

Sea Serpent-Type

Synchro

Effect Monster

ATK 2300 DEF 1400

Synchro Materials: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can only use the effect of “Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier” once per turn. (1) You can discard to the Graveyard any number of cards, then target that many cards your opponent controls; return them to the hand

+

Hard OPT 

&

Can only target opponents card

But it is multi-card destruction 

Still a really good LV6

Personally, I still think Instant Fusion should've been hit over Neptune, and given the Rescue Rabbit to its Rescue Cat . . . maybe something like this:

Minute Fusion

Normal Spell

Pay 1000 Life Points: Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower Fusion monster from your Extra Deck that lists exactly 2 named Fusion Materials (and no other Materials). You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Minute Fusion" per turn.

That way, it can't grab Norden or Independent Nightingale anymore, and it can be used for Rank 6 and 7 plays with old Fusions like Metal Dragon. Boom.

Banned:

Majespecter Unicorn - Kilin (from Limited)

I'll miss this one.

The Tyrant Neptune (from Unlimited)

More or less on the same page as everyone else with this onem

Vanity's Emptiness (from Limited)

One I won't miss.

Limited:

Maxx "C" (from Semi-Limited)

Was kind of annoying, so I'm fine with its place on the list.

Rescue Cat (from Banned)

This should be fun to try out.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (from Banned)

Still prefer Trishula, but neat to have the option I suppose.

Brain Control (from Banned)

I think I'll still stick to Mind Control instead.

Future Fusion (from Banned)

Maybe I'll try this one out. Perhaps not as good as before, but no harm in trying.

Imperial Order (from Banned)

Replacement for

Semi-Limited:

Wisdom-Eye Magician (from Limited)

I'm okay with this one.

Zoodiac Ratpier (from Unlimited)

I'm doubtful this will affect Zoodiac all that much, but again, might be to sell them first. Though I'd want see Barrage hit more.

Interrupted Kaiju Slumber (from Unlimited)

Not too much to hurt Kaiju I think, but it's something.

Unlimited:

Sangan (from Banned)

Because errata. May still be worth trying our.

The Kirin: finally, especially as a player who enjoys pendulums I always felt this card had to go. (no special feelings about the errata'd cards). Emptiness: definitely deserved. Ratpier: Strange, definitely hurts Zoo (though they are still ridiculously powerful, so it is not going to hurt the sales). Sadly this likely means no further banlist in quite a while.

Archived