Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

Eh? I don't completely understand this. Yemachu is on NCM, right? But I don't get the "She's not going anywhere" ^_^''

He was suggesting having a mascot for the site. But nothing came of it after a few months. So I proposed her as a potential mascot. But I took his silence as a "no". So...rather than her collecting dust on my laptop, I decided to share her here.

10 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Hell yeah, Sapaddavis' leaf ahoge is back! Can you explain the origin of their names? Also, Vuurot looks evil as hell, those claws, man >_<. So your Fire Starter is either a rodent or a marsupial, right?

Sapaddavis and Sapadda are a combination of "Sap+Paddavis (the Afrikaans word for tadpole)" and "Sap+Padda (Afrikaans for frog)". Boompadda is literally "Tree Frog" in the same language. 

Same with Fakkelmuis, Vuurmuis and Vuurot being "Torch Mouse", "Fire Mouse" and "Fire Rat" respectively. Vuurot is supposed to look mean but I might have to rework it slightly.

Also, I left the leaf on the Boompadda line because I liked the idea.

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

He was suggesting having a mascot for the site. But nothing came of it after a few months. So I proposed her as a potential mascot. But I took his silence as a "no". So...rather than her collecting dust on my laptop, I decided to share her here.

Ahh!!! Ok, at least he should have given you an answer 😞 

16 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I shared this with Yemachu. But he never responded. So since she's not going anywhere, here she is:

yjqNWmK.png

I drew everything but the card.

We could put this into our project. Just swap the card for another item and we're good.

Oh wow, how did I miss an entire 15th page of content of my own club until now? xD
@Horu IshayukiI remember that frog Pokemon concept art. From what I understand the final evolution went through some changes along the way? xP

19 hours ago, Yami Kiniko said:

@The Nyx Avatar I made some fanart. Hope you dont mind being a Goblin.

480698058_NyxFullFanart.thumb.jpg.8c9f98f69b1bf4bcb16d65682d6b7a57.jpg

Plz Rate 1-10

[/insert Goblin Slayer reaction here]
Why is it a Goblin though? 

Random trivia but...
Iirc, this was Nyx xD
latest?cb=20110711161203

19 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I shared this with Yemachu. But he never responded. So since she's not going anywhere, here she is:

yjqNWmK.png

I drew everything but the card.

Oh that looks awesome. DM's school uniform. The hair color makes me think of Botan from YuYu Hakusho xP
I thought you were planning a comic or something haha.... Looks very much like the Yugioh style... That's something I have trouble capturing for some reason haha....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sleepy said:
20 hours ago, Yami Kiniko said:

@The Nyx Avatar I made some fanart. Hope you dont mind being a Goblin.

480698058_NyxFullFanart.thumb.jpg.8c9f98f69b1bf4bcb16d65682d6b7a57.jpg

Plz Rate 1-10

[/insert Goblin Slayer reaction here]
Why is it a Goblin though? 

@The Nyx Avatar has goblin hands in his profile pic.

Also @Sleepy, are you a boy or a girl? I want to know so I can make some fanart.

@Yami Kiniko I'd be female~
Oh, so you are making a series xP
Haha I like how it has blue curls like my avatar xD

- - - - -

Btw, everyone... I have this sketch I can't seem to complete....
90pd4gN.jpg

The character is just an illustration for a card.
I made this Summoning mechanic called "Diagonal Monsters" that I made a thread on at the Experimental Cards section.... and well... shameless promotion aside, and ignoring the actual mechanic, the flavor of the card is the following~

She's one of those rogue kind of characters that maintains an act for personal benefit.
The effects it can unlock let her decide when a monster on the field is not destroyed by a battle... and when she destroys a monster by battle, she can revive 1 monster from either GY onto their owner's field.

This is meant to look like she's kind and protective, using her holy abilities to save lives, but her strategy mixes with monsters that can boost their ATK and attack multiple times per battle phase, so long as they always battle a monster.
She's actually a psychic with a water motif...

Right it probably looks fine, but a bit plain.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

- - - - -

90pd4gN.jpg

I made this Summoning mechanic called "Diagonal Monsters" that I made a thread on at the Experimental Cards section.... and well... shameless promotion aside, and ignoring the actual mechanic, the flavor of the card is the following~

She's one of those rogue kind of characters that maintains an act for personal benefit.
The effects it can unlock let her decide when a monster on the field is not destroyed by a battle... and when she destroys a monster by battle, she can revive 1 monster from either GY onto their owner's field.

This is meant to look like she's kind and protective, using her holy abilities to save lives, but her strategy mixes with monsters that can boost their ATK and attack multiple times per battle phase, so long as they always battle a monster.

Cool.

10 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

- - - - -

90pd4gN.jpg

A two-faced nun, huh? She kinda reminded me of that character from Gabriel Dropout, Raphiel, all cute and apparently saintly, but evil as bloody hell xD. I do remember your explanation of diagonals, are you making more cards for them?

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

A two-faced nun, huh? She kinda reminded me of that character from Gabriel Dropout, Raphiel, all cute and apparently saintly, but evil as bloody hell xD. I do remember your explanation of diagonals, are you making more cards for them?

I'm gonna look up "Gabriel Dropout" xD
Yes I am. I currently have 4 monsters and am looking to make support effects for them. 
I'm trying to figure out a standard for them because due to their nature of not escalating in Levels as dramatically as Synchros do, and with the unattractive procedure where the materials go to, they need to make up for it but not too much...

Hahaha xD
Evil counterparts. I'm terrifying xP

4 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Hahaha xD
Evil counterparts. I'm terrifying xP

I know at the very least that you get terrifying when playing arcade KoF xD. Anyway, getting an evil counterpart from Kiniko is something that eventually happens in YCM, heck, there was one time when Kiniko believed I was a girl and my counterpart was a dark queen or something. I was actually fine with that, btw, what happened to her, @Yami Kiniko?

Anyway, seeing so many drawings being posted around pumped me up, so I'm gonna post another one I made together with those of Liliamyr and Rayfield. Here:

Marina.thumb.jpg.f4d43f12d1b8ce8b8c8064e4b3ff4f3e.jpgMarinaColored.thumb.jpg.be036787bbaabf72c4e0bcff76be9bb8.jpg

Her name's Marina. She has a bipolar personality (not really the actual disorder, but almost xD). Normally, she's cheerful, kind and friendly, but she can really kick the crap out of you if you make her mad. She's a circus superstar and is also known as the "Cerulean Swan", although she doesn't like that nickname too much. During her childhood, she actually lived in an underwater city (that probably looks similar to @morrisoni4's Water City) where a race of aquatic beings known as Littahar live. The city is perfectly habitable for humans, though. Anyway, she becomes Liliamyr's first friend in the first chapter of the book, in an incredibly corny and cute scene. Eventually, she becomes the fastest character on the story. Btw, that ball over there used to be a weapon (it has some gimmicks inside). I don't think it will be a thing anymore in the main story, but she normally uses a "twinlanz" as her weapon (it's just a spear with two peaks). I forgot to mention, Liliamyr is Wind Element, Rayfield is Earth and Marina is duh, obvious. I don't know why this one is the only drawing I coloured, though.

• Like 2