New Link Monster Information

i mean the extra link's still going to suck if the things used aren't protection and/or disruption

that's why things like Trigate and Firewall will still be better than the V necklace, even with a UL/UR, until we get absurd cards that work with that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean the extra link's still going to suck if the things used aren't protection and/or disruption

that's why things like Trigate and Firewall will still be better than the V necklace, even with a UL/UR, until we get absurd cards that work with that.

True, if you want to do it with as little as possible and having a Bottom Left monster, it's going to be a pretty weak one most likely, since they wouldn't give it higher ATK or effect, Decode Talker has both those things, but requires 3 monsters, so that's harder to achieve, what they plan on making in the future will probably not be amazing for that, some Archetypes I am sure will make this possible and easier to achieve, though I doubt any old Deck can pull it off. It's meant to be a powerful thing in general though, and one you actually have to work for, they probably want you to never really get it in the first turn (even though people are always going to strive to do that).

Depends on what they release, really. They could very well make protective and/or defensive UL/UR Link Monsters just to shake things up. And knowing Konami and their occasional over-the-top creations, I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

What's this scaremongering about 3-card Extra Link

Like before we get anywhere with that should at least start with assumption that we won't get a Link 1 with SW or SE anytime soon, and/or that we won't get a Link 2 that's solely NW/NE anytime soon unless it negatively affects what it Links to, to make you play it in Extra Zone anyways

As for OCG/TCG difference, OCG never said anything for or against.

Regardless of "diagonal Extra Links", U/L and/or U/R Link Monsters designed to co-link with monsters in the EM Zones could be a thing, you know?

Besides, I wouldn't say it's scaremongering when the TCG article itself acknowledges that, quoting it, "...though at the time of this writing there are no Link Monsters whose Link Arrows point diagonally upwards. If at some point such Link Monsters were to exist, they could also be used this way." So, IMO this is enough to expect them to be made eventually; if not OCG, TCG may gets its hands on it with TCG exclusives. Of course, needless to say, that "at some point" can take from months, to years.

And had OCG truly not stated anything about diagonal Extra Links? There should be info somewhere, perhaps in Japanese, since they have had Link Monsters for a couple of months by now. Or perhaps they will do once if/when an U/R or U/L Link Monster is made.

What's this scaremongering about 3-card Extra Link

Like before we get anywhere with that should at least start with assumption that we won't get a Link 1 with SW or SE anytime soon, and/or that we won't get a Link 2 that's solely NW/NE anytime soon unless it negatively affects what it Links to, to make you play it in Extra Zone anyways

As for OCG/TCG difference, OCG never said anything for or against.

I don't know about anyone else, but I live under the assumption that all possible yugioh cards will eventually be made, given an arbitrarily long amount of time, of course. Obviously Konami will go bust before they come close to making all possible yugioh cards, but sometimes it's good to put aside these silly real-world restraints. For example, I personally live my life as if an infinite amount of snowclone Igknight cards exist.

EDIT:

Literally nothing exists with both top corners, and it isn't a difficult thing to avoid.

Besides, as black said, firewall trigate setups are better anyway. Three link extra link is just a terrible version of djinn.

IDK why you compare it to Djinn. Domain lock is the better example. But Extra Link is much more generic and you don't have to build your entire strategy around it like you do with Domain.

Also, you can do the "3-card" extra link and still have a load of distruptive bosses. Just use this method as an easy way to fill both the EMZs, and then clear away the (probably shitty) card that points up-left and up-right. Then just go summon some Cydrafinity or ABC or Quaser or Drident or whatever takes your fancy.

And had OCG truly not stated anything about diagonal Extra Links? There should be info somewhere, perhaps in Japanese, since they have had Link Monsters for a couple of months by now. Or perhaps they will do once if/when an U/R or U/L Link Monster is made.

I don't know about anyone else, but I live under the assumption that all possible yugioh cards will eventually be made, given an arbitrarily long amount of time, of course. Obviously Konami will go bust before they come close to making all possible yugioh cards, but sometimes it's good to put aside these silly real-world restraints. For example, I personally live my life as if an infinite amount of snowclone Igknight cards exist.

I'm not saying it's never gonna happen, but I am saying that by the time it does happen you'll be able to assess what its actual threat level is instead of freaking out over cards that may or may not be total crap. Like, when Extra Link was initially revealed, it was worse than Last Warrior from Another Planet and people still freaked. Now, it's STILL probably worse than, say, summoning Zarc using Mega Zaborg combos, and still worth just as much concern as before.

In regards to the OCG, so far as I've tracked, they just never said anything about it. They gave the basic information about how Extra Link can be made, and provided only examples with cards that were known to be arriving soon (ie not anything that involves Links that point diagonally upwards).

Just to clarify, I for one am not concerned or whatever by diagonal Extra Links. As it was pointed out, the cards to set it up don't even exist yet, it's not like it is completely unbreakable unless you set up a killer board equivalent to Firewall-Trigate-etc., and even if the game were to evolve where 3-monster Extra Link Tier 0 decks are the norm, personally I would enjoy it anyway because even Tier 0 formats can be interesting, skillful, etc. I did say it could shake things up, but that's not the same as disliking it.

I am more impressed by the fact that TCG is making the mechanic official even before it can be actually applied.

Just to clarify, I for one am not concerned or whatever by diagonal Extra Links. As it was pointed out, the cards to set it up don't even exist yet, it's not like it is completely unbreakable unless you set up a killer board equivalent to Firewall-Trigate-etc., and even if the game were to evolve where 3-monster Extra Link Tier 0 decks are the norm, personally I would enjoy it anyway because even Tier 0 formats can be interesting, skillful, etc. I did say it could shake things up, but that's not the same as disliking it.

I am more impressed by the fact that TCG is making the mechanic official even before it can be actually applied.

The TCG is starting to empress the OCG and unreleased cards more, they mentioned Firewall Dragon and Extra Links in their Youtube videos before they were released, vaguely in regards to Extra Links from what I remember, something about Firewall Dragon allowing the use of an Extra Monster Zone, specific were not given from what I recall. Anyway, the article could be wrong regardless, we can never truly be sure, things can change, somebody phoned it in, miscommunication could have happened, so I always try to take things with a grain of salt. I'm starting to ramble here, ain't I? Sorry, not even sure where I'm going with this, just thoughts I had.

• 2 months later...

we aren't getting an invoked, that was the prophecy, hence alistair being on it

that's not difficult to surmise, also idk where you're getting ritual beast from or wtf is up with your ordering

That's the order the leaker dropped them in. It's not to imply that that's the set order

100 cards in the set, there's 5 support cards for each archetype 

(Shaddoll Construct, Winda, Naga, Grysta, Wendigo)

100/5 suggests we have 20 support links, which is in line with the leak

anyway, the verz one is the one I want most. It'll be the link between DT and Dracoverlords if real

pretty sure it's gonna be invoked specific. Tellars, Sams, and WU got knocked out due to the ordering. 

That's the order the leaker dropped them in. It's not to imply that that's the set order

100 cards in the set, there's 5 support cards for each archetype 

(Shaddoll Construct, Winda, Naga, Grysta, Wendigo)

100/5 suggests we have 20 support links, which is in line with the leak

anyway, the verz one is the one I want most. It'll be the link between DT and Dracoverlords if real

we already knew we were getting 20 links. We knew this from the start, that's not "leaker information".

we knew there were 20 links from the start and the initial reveals made the 5 cards per theme obvious, didn't need a leaker to tell you that

invoked is nearly certainly not here. We have 2/3 of the True Dracostory archetypes, and support for the Synchro/Tuner, FLIP, and Pendulum mechanics. Not supporting Xyz/Zoodiac seems incredibly unlikely.

Misinformation is common in leaks to keep heat off of them, and Invoked is technically true with Crowley.

we knew there were 20 links from the start and the initial reveals made the 5 cards per theme obvious, didn't need a leaker to tell you that

invoked is nearly certainly not here. We have 2/3 of the True Dracostory archetypes, and support for the Synchro/Tuner, FLIP, and Pendulum mechanics. Not supporting Xyz/Zoodiac seems incredibly unlikely.

Misinformation is common in leaks to keep heat off of them, and Invoked is technically true with Crowley.

Why support an archetype that got funked in both lists conclusively?

If you want to support XYZs Tellars/Wind-UP are the place to do it, both of which as you noted got spaced out

In any case they Madolchey seem likely, so there's your XYZ archetype. Also Inzektors are "xyz' as are Hieratics

we already knew we were getting 20 links. We knew this from the start, that's not "leaker information".

ah, I didn't

If you want to support XYZs Tellars/Wind-UP are the place to do it, both of which as you noted got spaced out

In any case they Madolchey seem likely, so there's your XYZ archetype. Also Inzektors are "xyz' as are Hieratics

So what you're saying is why support a deck that got many cards hit in favor of old decks that have long since been reprinted and are terrible and obsolete even ignoring MR4?

So what you're saying is why support a deck that got many cards hit in favor of old decks that have long since been reprinted and are terrible and obsolete even ignoring MR4?

Yup, see Hieratic and Inzektors

OCG has had 3 Dragonfly 3 Hornet for over a year and I can count the number of big level even Inzektor tops with one hand

They're supporting older XYZ archetypes that aren't amazing, and they might continue

Tellars are still good, like with Shaddolls people have no funking idea how to build them

ah, I didn't

You're pushing story reasons. Zoo have a story reason. Nevermind that they support "Dead" decks.

Tellars cannot fit. I already told you that. Wind-Ups don't fit in with your leaks. Zoo fit in the pack order.

You're also ignoring that the Metalfoe and Crystron are mechanic support directly. Materials and All. you can't compare Madolche (unknown quantity), Inzektors, or Hieratics by virtue of them being unknown/type support, while Zoo is the epitome of "Xyz the Deck".

You're pushing story reasons. Zoo have a story reason. Nevermind that they support "Dead" decks.

Tellars cannot fit. I already told you that. Wind-Ups don't fit in with your leaks. Zoo fit in the pack order.

You're also ignoring that the Metalfoe and Crystron are mechanic support directly. Materials and All. you can't compare Madolche (unknown quantity), Inzektors, or Hieratics by virtue of them being unknown/type support, while Zoo is the epitome of "Xyz the Deck".

Black did you read what I wrote. I'm literally agreeing with you that Tellars cannot fit

"Tellars/Wind-UP are the place to do it, both of which as you noted got spaced out"

Assuming "my leak" is wrong (it's POJO/2CH leaks not mine), then WU would make thematic sense given that they're supporting the rest of September 2012 meta (Inzektor, Hieratic/Chaos Dragon, LS)

Your last point is a fair one though 

Zoos are unplayable, there's no point supporting them...Invoked isn't unplayable. Even with Allister at 1 it's viable in OCG, and certainly so in TCG w/ Allister at 3

I misread. Sorry.

let's go over it like this

001 Perpetual King Archfiend

006 Gladiator Beast Dragacius

011 Kyrios, Dominion of the Lightsworn

016 Gem-Knight Phantom Core

021 [Lswarm]

026 Inzektor Picofarena

031 Hieratic Seal of the Celestial Spheres

036 Crowley the Origin of Prophecy

041 [Madolche]

046 Mermail Abyssalacia

051 [Noble Knight]

056 Shadoll Construct

061 Qliphort Genius

066 [DT Archetype]

071 [Zefra]

076 Aromaseraphy Jasmine

081 Cherubini, Black Angel of the Burning Abyss

086 Heavymetalfoes Electrum

091 Crystron Needlefiber

096 [unknown]

Only 2 decks can fit in the last slot, unless they're post-Arc-V. Those are Zoodiac and Invoked.

Given that we have Crowley, which is blatantly Invoked related, assuming that Invoked was misinformation/a slight misdirection to other credible leaks (as is a common tactic), it only leaves Zoodiac.

Zoodiac fits in with its two predecessors, meaning they could support a card that directly supports the Xyz mechanic in some way. You could argue that Phantom Core and Construct support fusion, though that's pushing it due to being non-generic, Electrum supports Pendulum, Needlefiber supports Tuner/Synchro, and Construct technically supports FLIP, which already has more general support.

Between thematic and story elements, not including Zoodiac in favor of a theme with little-to-no ability to Link Summon in its own right doesn't make sense. It could be a link 1, but we have no precedent in the pack to make us believe that would be the case.

I'm also iffy on Ritual Beast. It logically fits in the slot, but with the summoning methods being supported, it seems more likely we'd see a Shurit link, but that's entirely speculation.

I didn't even think about a Black Wing link

But given Sams got spaced out, I'd question if they can make it in this

FK can work, LVP1 has 5 spots between Shaddolls and Atlantean that it could fit in?

blackwing isn't ocg original...

I misread. Sorry.

let's go over it like this

001 Perpetual King Archfiend

006 Gladiator Beast Dragacius

011 Kyrios, Dominion of the Lightsworn

016 Gem-Knight Phantom Core

021 [Lswarm]

026 Inzektor Picofarena

031 Hieratic Seal of the Celestial Spheres

036 Crowley the Origin of Prophecy

041 [Madolche]

046 Mermail Abyssalacia

051 [Noble Knight]

056 Shadoll Construct

061 Qliphort Genius

066 [DT Archetype]

071 [Zefra]

076 Aromaseraphy Jasmine

081 Cherubini, Black Angel of the Burning Abyss

086 Heavymetalfoes Electrum

091 Crystron Needlefiber

096 [unknown]

Only 2 decks can fit in the last slot, unless they're post-Arc-V. Those are Zoodiac and Invoked.

Given that we have Crowley, which is blatantly Invoked related, assuming that Invoked was misinformation/a slight misdirection to other credible leaks (as is a common tactic), it only leaves Zoodiac.

Zoodiac fits in with its two predecessors, meaning they could support a card that directly supports the Xyz mechanic in some way. You could argue that Phantom Core and Construct support fusion, though that's pushing it due to being non-generic, Electrum supports Pendulum, Needlefiber supports Tuner/Synchro, and Construct technically supports FLIP, which already has more general support.

Between thematic and story elements, not including Zoodiac in favor of a theme with little-to-no ability to Link Summon in its own right doesn't make sense. It could be a link 1, but we have no precedent in the pack to make us believe that would be the case.

I'm also iffy on Ritual Beast. It logically fits in the slot, but with the summoning methods being supported, it seems more likely we'd see a Shurit link, but that's entirely speculation.

blackwing isn't ocg original...

I was going to mention that Nekroz don't need a link, while RB badly do, so RB are more likely to get it, but then the spellbook link is a thing

The reason why I think RB is going to be in there is we haven't gotten any real fusion support either. Construct make an effort to force you to summon it before you fusion summon, so that really only leaves Root. 

Nekroz are also the DT archetype that's like least affected by MR4. Color me Skeptical. Agree on most else. Let's get to the last one

OCG is making this set, with the OCG banlist in mind. That IMO eliminates Zoos. You can make the case that it eliminates Invoked too cause of Aleister's hit. But zoos are quite literally unplayable

I'm not sure what it could be if not Invoked. Counter theory, couldn't the NK or Verz be direct XYZ support? Maybe it'll require an XYZ with a material, and you can tool a monster of the same type/attribute from deck upon link summon? That would help both those decks for example 

Neither is BA or NK, yet here we are. It's an Anime type which might end up funking it though 

giving zoo a link to make them playable makes sense tho

a link you can summon with a zoo means that you can actually grave a zoo, then you can turn it into Chakanine to make a bit of value. That's precisely why you give it.

BA and NK are still considered "OCG Original", because they use the term to mean non-anime.

Lswarm could be Xyz, NK almost definitely Warrior.

Archived