Hydralander the Orbital Shadowlite Weapon

C7gKyDZWsAUXpE1.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=800%

Eisei Kidou Heiki Hydlander / Hydralander the Orbital Shadowlite Weapon
Level 8 DARK Machine-Type {Special Summon} Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 1500
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand), while you have 5 or more monsters with different names in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
(1) Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; if every monster in your Graveyard has a different name, destroy 1 card on the field.

What a cute card, its name is a reference to highlander Decks. It's probably meant to be used along with the Twilightsworn stuff I suppose. Interesting that it specially wants each monster to have a different name, so it's not like some cards that you can still have multiple copies of in there.

What a cute card, its name is a reference to highlander Decks. It's probably meant to be used along with the Twilightsworn stuff I suppose. Interesting that it specially wants each monster to have a different name, so it's not like some cards that you can still have multiple copies of in there.

Fairytale Snow & Chaos

Mills for Cost, so you can chain FTS to wipe out duplicates

Funnily enough one can play 2 copies in a "highlander" deck, without worrying about anything.

Fairytale Snow & Chaos

Mills for Cost, so you can chain FTS to wipe out duplicates

Enjoy Waifu while she's at 3

Also you can mill regardless. One thing to note, the initial condition is that all the monsters have different names. Not 5 diff, and duplicates beyond that. If you have 6, they need to be 6 different ones

Yeah, looks like a toy for Twightsworns, Snow Lightsworns, or pretty much anything with Snow + heavy mills. Could it also work in Infernoids? IDK how annoying its Level 8 can be.

A trick I can see with this card is that, if from the mill you end up with copies of a monster in the grave, since it's a cost you get the chance of chaining Snow to banish them, making the removal effect live.

Funnily enough one can play 2 copies in a "highlander" deck, without worrying about anything.

Yeah but you can't due to the rules of Highlander.

I honestly love this card because it shows that Konami is capable of making cards designed for different formats and ways of playing the game. I hope they release some cards designed for Pegasus Challenges.

Never stated you could. You do not need to tell ME how to play Highlander decks ... jokes aside, all I stated the card tries to enforce specific measures (snow) or to play a highlander deck around it, meaning it excludes itself.

But you do realize that highlander means only one card, no exceptions right? It's not highlander if you break that rule, then it's something else. It's just a fact.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Some parts of this guys artwork vaguely reminds me of a lot Ally of Justice card arts. Any how you could possibly go really unorthodox and run a minimal amount monsters with different names to fulfill the name Summoning condition, and run S/T (say Paleozoics?) to make his effect constantly live. May not be the smoothest route, but yeah...

Ah, so just to confirm, the summoning condition doesn't require that you have no duplicates, only the destruction effect?

And I'm guessing that you can't activate the destruction effect if you already have duplicate monsters in the grave.

umm...

Kinda looks like you did state you could.

I used quotation markers to reflect this card suggesting it would be a highlander deck (if you can always use it without further thought) and in fact it is almost true, from the perspective of the card itself (and thus excluding itself) it is indeed true.

I used quotation markers to reflect this card suggesting it would be a highlander deck (if you can always use it without further thought) and in fact it is almost true, from the perspective of the card itself (and thus excluding itself) it is indeed true.

Oh! You mean like a deck like "Hydralander Lightsworns", not an actual Highlander deck. Cool.

Oh! You mean like a deck like "Hydralander Lightsworns", not an actual Highlander deck. Cool.

No, I am talking about the deck this card suggests, not the deck using the blind spots. This card obviously suggests a Highlander deck (to think I have to say this), only that I talked about the card being the spectator of the highlander deck and it itself thus not being in its own line of sight.

Ah, so just to confirm, the summoning condition doesn't require that you have no duplicates, only the destruction effect?

And I'm guessing that you can't activate the destruction effect if you already have duplicate monsters in the grave.

That should be the case unless the text was mistranslated.

And AFAIK in that case you should still be able to activate the effect, but it won't destroy anything. Guess it's useful just for the mill.

Also yeah, forgot to remark that the artwork is really nice. If it's part of a Highlander-ish archetype of DARK/Machine monsters, that would be cool.

Hydralander is pretty clearly the model name of this machine, so if it is an archetype, it would probably be Shadowlite.

Yeah, or maybe the full "Orbital Shadowlite Weapon", which most likely TCG will end up butchering into a 1 or 2-word archetype name :v

Yeah, or maybe the full "Orbital Shadowlite Weapon", which most likely TCG will end up butchering into a 1 or 2-word archetype name :v

I wouldn't say butcher. With very few exceptions, TCG names have been really do good.

Like, Zoodiac is actually clever as funk. Simple, but clever.

ALSO I JUST REALIZED SHADOWLITE IS A PUN ON SATELLITE

Archived