An idea I had about how you start of with not owning the Extra Monster Zone yet. What this means is that you have not Special Summoned a monster from your Extra Deck yet, hence the how this card "boots" your plays. An important note here is that should your opponent Special Summon to an Extra Monster Zone before you do, you cannot use this card's effect, since you automatically gain ownership of the other Extra Monster Zone, so you wanna go first if you intend to use this card most of the time.

3X5gXw1.png

Link 2 - 2 monsters
If you do not currently possess an Extra Monster Zone, you can Link Summon this card with 1 less monster, but you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck for the rest of the turn, except Link Monsters.

Umm, despite the fact I despise the robery rule, I am not sure if this wording suffices (would it not be required to state that you can actually link summon in your mmzone). I do like this card actually being the most necessary link monster.

What are you even talking about? Robbery? You mean the Summoning restriction? And what does the Main Monster Zone have to do with anything?

Technically speaking, you can get both Extra Monster Zones (according to that diagram the Perfect Rulebook made concerning the Link "necklace"; whenever we can actually do that consistently), but otherwise the mechanics for the EMZ still hold. I'll assume that he's referring to the fact that if you Link Summon this quickly, you can then follow up with subsequent summons in the linked Main Monster Zones. 

For an actual review:

I do appreciate this being a pseudo-Link 1 for most intents and purposes (albeit you need to win the coin toss or something to do this), and for the most part (in this generation), you probably will be summoning a few more Link Monsters in the same turn (idk, maybe something like Honeybot to open 2 more). But other than that, it's still fine at later points of the game though you'd probably want to be summoning other Link monsters that actually do something in the EMZ / open plays for you.

Archived