Ask Roxas Anything

Phantom Roxas

Maybe I was just ignorant, but it did seem disproportionately aimed towards me more often than towards Winter. Winter is still a problem even after I'm no longer a mod, which is about what I expected from him. It's funny, there was some concern that, if Winter did get banned, I would just find some other people to take my grudges out on. Yet Winter seems to be the one showing a similar response, where he still acts like I'm responsible for all his problems today, as if I left some backup plan that can haunt him without me having to do anything. A huge part of it was that just about everyone seemed to agree that Winter was a problem, but others on the moderation team were too afraid to do anything because they didn't want to risk some PR fiasco. Basically, I thought Winter was too risky to keep around, while others thought he would be too risky to kick out.

I can't expect you to have known every single detail about my feud with Winter, so it's fair if you thought I was being childish, especially if it seemed like there was no reason for it. I accept your apology, and I apologize if I bothered you in any way with how I behaved. I feel a lot better now, so to go back to your original question of what I think of you, I'd say my opinion now is that you just want to have fun, and that's fine, and you're willing to talk things out. So, thank you for listening.

I'm curious how you get to this conclusion? It's a bit difficult that people still like to strawman away problems like this by bring up a old fued that I certainly don't care about anymore. And I'm not sure what problems I have "today" - if you could elaborate that'd be great

If it's upsetting to you, I can easily use Pika as an example as to why I don't think we should rapidly increase mod powers. You just happened to a more recent test case to prove a point for limit and controlled mod powers.

Edit:

I can assure you Dae gives me plenty of grief too, maybe not in that post, but he's an equal opportunity roaster in the long run

I'm curious how you get to this conclusion? It's a bit difficult that people still like to strawman away problems like this by bring up a old fued that I certainly don't care about anymore. And I'm not sure what problems I have "today" - if you could elaborate that'd be great

If it's upsetting to you, I can easily use Pika as an example as to why I don't think we should rapidly increase mod powers. You just happened to a more recent test case to prove a point for limit and controlled mod powers.

Edit:

I can assure you Dae gives me plenty of grief too, maybe not in that post, but he's an equal opportunity roaster in the long run

How bout the Temp Bans thread?  There's plenty of it there lmao

How bout the Temp Bans thread?  There's plenty of it there lmao

Temp ban thread was an example of how in the past mods have abused powers and why rapidly expanding mod powers isn't smart in light of that. You can sub in Black and Pika for Roxas and Me, and the point would still stand. Most people don't know Pika, so I didn't use it, but it seems I should have to avoid the strawman

Which version of Venom do you want to see the movie stem from?

Eddie Brock

Agent Venom

or Ultimate Venom?

Lol that movie's not going to happen anyway

I'd like them to use Agent Venom. Eddie's not someone I think could work as a hero of his own movie, although I know he had several comics in the 90s. I kind of liked how Flash was in the first Amazing Spider-Man movie, and while I don't think there's a chance of them picking up from that, Flash is someone I'd most want to follow as being the protagonist of a Venom movie.

Temp ban thread was an example of how in the past mods have abused powers and why rapidly expanding mod powers isn't smart in light of that. You can sub in Black and Pika for Roxas and Me, and the point would still stand. Most people don't know Pika, so I didn't use it, but it seems I should have to avoid the strawman

I mean, you still go after Zai because of how I endorsed him. You've been using me as an example to voice your complaints lately, and I'm tired of seeing my name come up. I highly doubt that you don't care about the feud anymore, and I see you're still doing the exact same problem of projecting your problems onto someone else to avoid admitting your own fault. You're the one who's been using me as your strawman, and it's definitely upsetting me. Please stop it.

Okay let's ignore that for something more important.

Hb15eGL.gif

Also what kind of RPs would you be interested in joining?

Yup, I like you! You have a great balance of being level-headed while having fun.

I'm not sure if I have the time for RP's on here, but I've noticed that I'd be inclined towards Digimon. You've done a Fire Emblem RP or two, right? I'm not sure how I would play in that sort of thing, but since I've been getting over Fire Emblem over the past few years, I might be interested in one.

Seein' lots of Spider-Man talk up in this thing...so it'll be one of my questions xD

1. Ben Reilly, the OG Scarlet Spider, your thoughts on him?
  2. In regards to the GCRP and Nero (my Keyblade War char), what's something you wish that would be explored further from him? Something you wish you did differently when you had control of him?
  3. Given the Power Rangers hype I've been seeing on the internet, let's just go with this as the third question: Place yourself in any era of Power Rangers. Assign yourself a color and whatever motif goes with said era. Why that combination?

How's school been?  

ARE YOU KEEPING UP THOSE GRADES YOUNG MAN?

I graduated from San Francisco State University back in August and got a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing. Now I'm working at my local movie theater until I can actually do something useful with my degree.

Seein' lots of Spider-Man talk up in this thing...so it'll be one of my questions xD

1. Ben Reilly, the OG Scarlet Spider, your thoughts on him?
  2. In regards to the GCRP and Nero (my Keyblade War char), what's something you wish that would be explored further from him? Something you wish you did differently when you had control of him?
  3. Given the Power Rangers hype I've been seeing on the internet, let's just go with this as the third question: Place yourself in any era of Power Rangers. Assign yourself a color and whatever motif goes with said era. Why that combination?

1. Despite all the flack the Clone Saga gets, I totally see why Ben is one of the more popular characters from it. I think that he was hurt a lot by the behind the scenes messes for the storyline, but on the whole, thanks to the character of Roxas, I've tended to have a soft spot for characters who aren't really their "own" person and have to come to terms with that, and Ben Reilly hits that sweet spot. Sure, he may be a clone of Peter, but he wants to be his own person. It's an arc for the character that I really liked.

2. Hmm… I was a little interested in Nero's backstory, particularly with his mentor. One possibility that comes to mind is when he became Ivero. I'm a huge fan of legacy, and seeing how far a character or story can be pushed (Just as long as you don't let it run stale), and I liked the progression of LERNA leaving behind Xansvita as one of her last fighters, and Ivero in turn could remained as Xansvita's legacy, allowing LERNA to still have some influence even after her death. He's from such a different universe than what Sora and Kairi know, so I would have liked to show more of the contrast between them and Nero.

3. I want to be a Silver Time Force Ranger, because Time Force is my favorite season, and I like Silver Rangers. I've been watching In Space lately, and Zhane is my favorite. So basically, let me be Zhane if he somehow got stuck in Time Force.

"I mean, you still go after Zai because of how I endorsed him. You've been using me as an example to voice your complaints lately, and I'm tired of seeing my name come up. I highly doubt that you don't care about the feud anymore, and I see you're still doing the exact same problem of projecting your problems onto someone else to avoid admitting your own fault. You're the one who's been using me as your strawman, and it's definitely upsetting me. Please stop it."

If that's all you got from the thread, then you missed what I was trying to convey in entirety.

I'll use Pika from now on since it bothers you so.

Have a Switch & BOTW?

I graduated from San Francisco State University back in August and got a Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing. Now I'm working at my local movie theater until I can actually do something useful with my degree.

1. Despite all the flack the Clone Saga gets, I totally see why Ben is one of the more popular characters from it. I think that he was hurt a lot by the behind the scenes messes for the storyline, but on the whole, thanks to the character of Roxas, I've tended to have a soft spot for characters who aren't really their "own" person and have to come to terms with that, and Ben Reilly hits that sweet spot. Sure, he may be a clone of Peter, but he wants to be his own person. It's an arc for the character that I really liked.

2. Hmm… I was a little interested in Nero's backstory, particularly with his mentor. One possibility that comes to mind is when he became Ivero. I'm a huge fan of legacy, and seeing how far a character or story can be pushed (Just as long as you don't let it run stale), and I liked the progression of LERNA leaving behind Xansvita as one of her last fighters, and Ivero in turn could remained as Xansvita's legacy, allowing LERNA to still have some influence even after her death. He's from such a different universe than what Sora and Kairi know, so I would have liked to show more of the contrast between them and Nero.

3. I want to be a Silver Time Force Ranger, because Time Force is my favorite season, and I like Silver Rangers. I've been watching In Space lately, and Zhane is my favorite. So basically, let me be Zhane if he somehow got stuck in Time Force.

You graduated?  And I didn't get an invite to the ceremony?  First of all, how dare you.  Second of all, CONGRATS!  Third of all, can you hurry up and replace Michael Bay please?  Tyvm.

"I mean, you still go after Zai because of how I endorsed him. You've been using me as an example to voice your complaints lately, and I'm tired of seeing my name come up. I highly doubt that you don't care about the feud anymore, and I see you're still doing the exact same problem of projecting your problems onto someone else to avoid admitting your own fault. You're the one who's been using me as your strawman, and it's definitely upsetting me. Please stop it."

If that's all you got from the thread, then you missed what I was trying to convey in entirety.

I'll use Pika from now on since it bothers you so.

Have a Switch & BOTW?

Oh like I give a sheet about what I "missed". Go on about Pika if you want, and keep moving those goalposts. I lost track of how far away they are now.

Yes, I have a Switch and Breath of the Wild. It's been really fun.

You graduated?  And I didn't get an invite to the ceremony?  First of all, how dare you.  Second of all, CONGRATS!  Third of all, can you hurry up and replace Michael Bay please?  Tyvm.

Lol, there was no ceremony. I really didn't want to go to one, so I just waited for the diploma to get mailed in because I was so exhausted with school by that point.

SPOILERS FOR TRANSFORMERS XIX: Bumblebee is replaced by Hot Shot, and Starscream returns as a ghost. Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are all adapted into the next three films, since the Unicron Trilogy is one of my favorite segments of the Transformers franchise. Sadly, it's not enough to amend Paramount's financial woes, and Viacom shuts the entire studio down. Transformers fades away from the big screen, but no one really cares because they'd rather stick to the cartoons and comics. Yet whispers stir of the people who still yearn for the day that the cliffhanger of the Unicron Trilogy films will finally be resolved…

1. Yes! More Ben Reilly love!! So, in keeping with that...are you excited for the Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider comic series that will be coming out? Also, thoughts on the new suit they have for him?

2. Yeah. The backstory of Nero (one story I've been working on, just not lately) is an interesting one. However, my ideas and what not were prior to Unchained X/Back-Cover...to which I originally thought the man in the black coat was a villain/traitor, and to which I named Xander because of the "x". Remember, this is before the Keyblade War for Nero...so I'm currently unsure how I'm going to continue. Now, looking through Nero's progression, do you think that he might've become a better Keyblade Master than he was before (based on the beginning of the GCRP and what you somewhat know)? Do you also think that the sins and transgressions he committed as Xansvita and Ivero will continue to follow him as he travels down this road?

3. Silver Time Force Ranger, that literally sounds amazing!

1. Yes! More Ben Reilly love!! So, in keeping with that...are you excited for the Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider comic series that will be coming out? Also, thoughts on the new suit they have for him?

2. Yeah. The backstory of Nero (one story I've been working on, just not lately) is an interesting one. However, my ideas and what not were prior to Unchained X/Back-Cover...to which I originally thought the man in the black coat was a villain/traitor, and to which I named Xander because of the "x". Remember, this is before the Keyblade War for Nero...so I'm currently unsure how I'm going to continue. Now, looking through Nero's progression, do you think that he might've become a better Keyblade Master than he was before (based on the beginning of the GCRP and what you somewhat know)? Do you also think that the sins and transgressions he committed as Xansvita and Ivero will continue to follow him as he travels down this road?

3. Silver Time Force Ranger, that literally sounds amazing!

1. Ehh… It's spinning out of Clone Conspiracy, which I think brought back Ben Reilly in a bad state. The suit looks pretty bad, especially since it reminds me of Spidercide, another spider-clone from the Clone Saga. I'm glad that he'll apparently be going back to his original suit fairly quickly.

2. If you still want to incorporate Unchained X and Back Cover, it's actually getting a massive update next week, where it will be renamed Union Cross. I think he can certainly be a better Keyblade Master, since him gaining the X-Blade fits in well with that. I don't think that what he did as Ivero would haunt him, though, especially since a huge part of what I wanted to point out with Xansvita was that… well, just look at the time. That was all Vanitas, not Sora or anyone else. An interesting issue for Nero to explore would be whether or not he blames himself for everything that Ivero did, or if "Ivero" is just going to be treated as some separate entity that Nero blames for everything (Wait, wrong Nero…), so it depends on how similar you think Ivero was to Vanitas.

If you could've been any color Ranger (not necessarily a replacement) which color would you have chosen?  Also, which dino would you be?

Silver fits more as a Sixth Ranger color, so if I wanted to be part of the regular time, I would be a blue Ranger. A pterodactyl would be awesome.

1. Ehh… It's spinning out of Clone Conspiracy, which I think brought back Ben Reilly in a bad state. The suit looks pretty bad, especially since it reminds me of Spidercide, another spider-clone from the Clone Saga. I'm glad that he'll apparently be going back to his original suit fairly quickly.

2. If you still want to incorporate Unchained X and Back Cover, it's actually getting a massive update next week, where it will be renamed Union Cross. I think he can certainly be a better Keyblade Master, since him gaining the X-Blade fits in well with that. I don't think that what he did as Ivero would haunt him, though, especially since a huge part of what I wanted to point out with Xansvita was that… well, just look at the time. That was all Vanitas, not Sora or anyone else. An interesting issue for Nero to explore would be whether or not he blames himself for everything that Ivero did, or if "Ivero" is just going to be treated as some separate entity that Nero blames for everything (Wait, wrong Nero…), so it depends on how similar you think Ivero was to Vanitas.

1. Oh good, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that about the suit XD But yeah, I'm really hoping for the OG Scarlet suit to make its return.

2. Union Cross? Hmm...gonna have to look that up later. As for the Ivero thing, makes sense. Guess I'll definitely have to keep this in mind for Nero, especially in your sequel that I'll drag him into.

TIL the Blue Ranger is on the Autism Spectrum.  Interesting.

Anyway.  Pat.  Who are some YCMers you'd like to kick it with irl?  Take someone not from Cali.  Where would ya'll go?  What sights would you take them to see?  What are some good hang out spots?  Also, could you help them meet Arnold Schwarzenegger?  

1. Oh good, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that about the suit XD But yeah, I'm really hoping for the OG Scarlet suit to make its return.

2. Union Cross? Hmm...gonna have to look that up later. As for the Ivero thing, makes sense. Guess I'll definitely have to keep this in mind for Nero, especially in your sequel that I'll drag him into.

1. It's confirmed to be coming back. Just check here, and while you'll have to Ctrl+F for this, Marvel's solicitations for June's comics here show when exactly he'll be getting the costume back.

2. Union Cross comes out on April 7th, so we have just a week from Thursday! I'd look forward to seeing Nero in Requiem for Avalon.

TIL the Blue Ranger is on the Autism Spectrum.  Interesting.

Anyway.  Pat.  Who are some YCMers you'd like to kick it with irl?  Take someone not from Cali.  Where would ya'll go?  What sights would you take them to see?  What are some good hang out spots?  Also, could you help them meet Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Been meaning to see the new Power Rangers movie, but I'm too busy. I WORK AT THE THEATER AND DON'T GIVE MYSELF TIME TO SEE THE MOVIES, HOW HAVE I MISSED THAT UP.

You in Cali? If not, get your ass here, we're going to some amusement parks. I don't have much excitement when it comes to seeing sights, so amusement parks are my best bet. I did go to Disneyland last year, so I'd like to go there again. Sadly, I am not aware of how to meet the Arnold.

You can revive one GCRP character, no matter their allegiance. No restrictions. Who do you revive? Why? What impact do you think they would have?

Emiya. Arturia's had her own motivations leading the Counter Corps, and I'm interested how different the faction would be if Emiya was still the leader. Would he have told them what Arturia did? How close would he stay with the fighters, especially considering a fight with Protheus?

Archived