Dreams (like the kind you get when you sleep)

ÆƵ–

Let's talk about our dreams.

When I do dream, I usually have this weird one where I can fly, but only when I'm holding a stick sideways with both hands. And I can't really land. It's weird. This time around I was flying around Santa Barbara (I think?) and the near by islands. 

Tell me about your dreams. 

They differ. I don't have nightmares that often (if at all). Some are just me living my life in my home or going to class, despite the geography differing from the dream and real life (Ex: I'm exiting college and entering a neighborhood I used to live in). Others are just weird, and some I just forget.

For the most part, I don't dream. Not in the sense that most people say, where they simply don't remember their dreams. I literally don't. I rarely stay asleep for long enough to enter REM sleep. Just a part of the plague that is chronic insomnia, really.

When I do dream, though, it is often about being some kind of heroic figure. Super powers, the works. It tends to be stuff like Spider-Man, or The Flash (my favorite heroes from their respective universes).

Other times I have dreams about falling in love, and having a really tender relationship. Not much to elaborate on with this.

I believe that most of the "you dream about what you want" stuff is bullcrap, like other pseudofreudian concepts, but for me I'd say it is an accurate assessment.

my funking dreams.

One time I dreamt that I was getting new fish for my fish tank after one of them died. On the way home from the pet store, I remember seeing a cockroach crawl out of the air conditioning, and then a ton of them just started coming out and I tried to spray them with bug killer but then I woke up

Another time I dreamt of buying a pet snake from a market and having it bite me but I didn't die. Apparently in the context of that dream, the world was about to end, so we were testing spaceships to get people off the planet. I tried one of them, but it malfunctioned, and everybody started rolling over each other, and then I woke up

More recently I had a family reunion with my past self, and I distinctly remember, of all things, having to slam the door on my 10-year-old self's fingers because I walked in on myself in the bathroom multiple times. There was also some kind of ferry boat or something, and I think homework assignments

Basically I have stupidly weird dreams sometimes and if I remember them it's funny

Dreams occur in stage one of the sleep cycle.

Recently I've dreaming a lot of the deceased family members of mine.  My grandfather who we buried this year on Valentine's Day.  My grandmother who passed summer of 2015.  And they've been good dreams.  Smiles, laughter, love.  I enjoy them.

god, I love it when I finally gets to be free from dreaming just doing my daily life. Nothing fantastical yet but it's getting more and more colorful and less monotonous now.

unrelated note but since i somehow always accessed YCM in my dreams I noticed that the number of notifications I got when I sleep that is related to anything RP is going to be the opposite of the number of notifications I'll get when I check the site after I wake up.

Well, I tend to get dreams really frequently, almost every time I fall asleep....

My dreams differ from time to time, sometimes it's about a fantasy world with monsters, ghosts, characters from games and movies, One dream I remember quite well is the dream about escaping a Haunted House filled with various monsters and a grim reaper. 

I also tend to have action dreams, where I become the main cast, hunted by the villain, and I must survive by fighting these criminals using karate techniques and various objects as weapon, such as a ballpoint pen, ruler, ladder, etc. Most of the time, I was killed by a gunshot or I committed suicide with the enemy boss....but I can survive as the last one standing too

Dreams also depict future events, such as my dream of playing Dragon City, I clicked the top right box of the daily bonus and got 50 GEMS, the day after, I played Dragon City and clicked on the same box, and in an unexplained turn of events, 50 gems.

Nevertheless, Dreams are fun because it expresses my imagination in some way and there are no real rules/laws in dreams, meaning, I'm allowed to do anything in freedom...

Since I just woke up, I still remember my dream from last night.

I accidentally entered a jet-ski race, but was able to do flips and turns and ignore the physics and pushback of slamming into water, so I did well and came in second to this guy on a boogie board. He kicked with all his might, can't hate.

Lately though, my dreams have centered around my insecurities. Particularly this week, I've had my shortcomings shoved into my face through differing elaborate settings. They're vivid enough where I remember them the next morning and can analyze why who from my life was there and the point my dream was telling me. Not really nightmares, just generally unpleasant.

Well, I tend to get dreams really frequently, almost every time I fall asleep....

My dreams differ from time to time, sometimes it's about a fantasy world with monsters, ghosts, characters from games and movies, One dream I remember quite well is the dream about escaping a Haunted House filled with various monsters and a grim reaper. 

I also tend to have action dreams, where I become the main cast, hunted by the villain, and I must survive by fighting these criminals using karate techniques and various objects as weapon, such as a ballpoint pen, ruler, ladder, etc. Most of the time, I was killed by a gunshot or I committed suicide with the enemy boss....but I can survive as the last one standing too

Ahh, I remember these sorts of dreams. Fun, aren't they? Thank you for sharing these dreams, they are fun to read about. :)

I remember when I was younger I had a dream where my little brother stabbed me through the chest with a ~2 metre fence post. I remember it very vividly, from the peeling white paint on the post, to the surprise that my brother had actually attacked me, to the feeling that my life was slipping from me. I'm very glad I had this dream as it made for good boast fodder when talking about dreams throughout my teenagerhood.

I remember when I was younger I had a dream where my little brother stabbed me through the chest with a ~2 metre fence post. I remember it very vividly, from the peeling white paint on the post, to the surprise that my brother had actually attacked me, to the feeling that my life was slipping from me. I'm very glad I had this dream as it made for good boast fodder when talking about dreams throughout my teenagerhood.

These dreams are quite thrilling and exciting don't they, where we can experience real-life danger and heart-pounding thrills without any of the danger in reality...

Well, I'd like to share another one of my action dreams, which I got yesterday:

"In this dream, I am a secret agent working for an international organization, and while I am typing something in the computer, suddenly I heard footsteps approaching and I hear a group of people saying I'm their next target. I immediately hide behind the door, waiting for them to come... When I see a stranger come through the door, I dashed behind him and rushed along the corridor to escape my own house. On the way, several villains await my arrival, Luckily, I bring my gun with me and shot two of them along the way. Then, I hid inside the bathroom for shelter and locked the door. One of the villains punched his hand through the door and tried to open the lock, but I grabbed his hand, opened the lock and pushed the door forward, slamming it to the villain, then I shot another one behind him and continue my escape. I reached the front door of my house, got in a car, and drove my way to the mountains. The villains still trail behind. After a long journey, I arrived at the mountain. I parked my card and ran all the way to the Water-turbine power plant. At the power plant I jumped into the pool of water, avoiding the rotating water turbine, the villains also jumped down. I battled with the villains, underwater with various techniques and no firearms, slamming them into the base of the pool, and kicking them to the turbine. When the last villain is K.O-ed I ran out of breath and....died.

End of the dream, pretty thrilling indeed.

The only thing I literally remember enough to comment on to any degree was like late elementary school I dreamed about random Dragonball (kid Goku) adventures and mostly that. Can't remember any specifics especially considering how long ago it was, but basically, anything more recent that I remember ever happening, I don't actually remember by the time I'm more consciously awake most of the time.

I do remember one nightmare earlier than that that I saw a lion and it scared me and that was that. I don't even know it attacked anyone. It just really freaked me out when I was that small. I do vaguely remember it actually being just the lion in a black empty void, though. Male.

Also I was told I was saying "Jump... jump Mario!" in my sleep once.

Vivid and extremely memorable nightmares. Usually with some sort of weird metaphor behind them, like me being stuck in a circle, this multi-armed Frankenstein's monster with buzz-saw hands and metal claws looming just outside it, and I have this vague feeling I should leave the circle, but I'm afraid of what he'll do once I'm outside it, since he doesn't want to come in.

That kind of stuff.

Source please

Something I learned in psych from a study way back by Frederik Eeden.  They say the easiest way to realize you're dreaming is to look down at your feet.  Since your eyes record what they see before you sleep, most of the time if you're under a blanket you won't see your feet.  Then you'll look down in your dreams and go "Hey no feet!  Must be dreaming!"

sheet like that.

Something I learned in psych from a study way back by Frederik Eeden.  They say the easiest way to realize you're dreaming is to look down at your feet.  Since your eyes record what they see before you sleep, most of the time if you're under a blanket you won't see your feet.  Then you'll look down in your dreams and go "Hey no feet!  Must be dreaming!"

s*** like that.

When I dream, I don't even have control of my thoughts, never mind my "dream body".

A couple of days ago I had a dream like this:

I wanted a Super Vehicroid Stealth Union, so I went to a Yugioh shop to buy one there. For some reason when I arrived at the shop I went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning, I checked out the shop's Gladiator's Assault single cards but they didn't have any of the secret rares. I went to the counter to ask if they had any Super Vehicroid Stealth Union in stock and I was told they had none. They had a few packs of Ancient Prophecy by the counter - 1 cost £3, another cost £2.50 and the remaining 4 cost just £1 each, which I bought.

Opened the first pack. My pulls? A few random commons, 3 Xyz Monsters, one of which was The Phantom Knights of Break Sword, Ancient Fairy Dragon, a gold secret rare Soul Charge and a Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth.

Then the dream ended.

Archived