DIO

mrpb

m8ntip2.jpg

I know this card's pretty OP, but that's only because the character is.

DARK
Level 11
Spellcaster/Psychic.Synchro/Effect
ATK:3500
DEF:5500
"Dio Brando" + 2 non-Synchro monsters
Whilst DIO is in play the opponent cannot attack your life points directly. Whenever this card is destroyed, you may destroy another monster from your field in it's place. When destroyed or sent to the graveyard, all monster's with a Level below 6 are sent to the graveyard as well.

Please be nice, this is my first time on the forums.

I'll give you my approval because it's FUCKIN' DIO!!! But, there are some problems with this card.
First of all, his DEF is just silly, there are currently no monsters in the game with more than 5000 ATK or DEF, you should lower it to 3000.
His first effect is kinda weird, is it supposed to defend you against Drill Barnacle or something? You should make him untargetable by attacks, and maybe card effects too, depending on how hard it is to Summon "Dio Brando".
I do like the second effect, I could see DIO stopping time and putting another monster in his place to receive an attack. Pretty good stuff.
The last effect is a field nuke, enough said. I think it's supposed to represent the road roller scene? You should make it hit all monsters whose Level AND Rank are lower than 6, that way it can hit Xyz Monsters too.
Also, don't give him two Types, just Spellcaster should be enough, or maybe you could change it to Zombie, since he's a vampire and all...

I'll give you my approval because it's f***IN' DIO!!! But, there are some problems with this card.

First of all, his DEF is just silly, there are currently no monsters in the game with more than 5000 ATK or DEF, you should lower it to 3000.

His first effect is kinda weird, is it supposed to defend you against Drill Barnacle or something? You should make him untargetable by attacks, and maybe card effects too, depending on how hard it is to Summon "Dio Brando".

I do like the second effect, I could see DIO stopping time and putting another monster in his place to receive an attack. Pretty good stuff.

The last effect is a field nuke, enough said. I think it's supposed to represent the road roller scene? You should make it hit all monsters whose Level AND Rank are lower than 6, that way it can hit Xyz Monsters too.

Also, don't give him two Types, just Spellcaster should be enough, or maybe you could change it to Zombie, since he's a vampire and all...

Thanks! I'm new to this, so this advice is really helpful.

Basically, the field nuke was supposed to represent all his minions mutating because of the spores he planted in them. I'll have to reword that.

And I'll fix that type thing, too.

Thanks!

Just a piece of advice for the new member:

If no one replies to your stuff instantly, it is NOT the end of the world. People will look at it eventually. In the future, if no one posts right away, wait half a day (12 hours) before you bump thread up. 

====

But yeah, card has ridiculous DEF and dual printed Types aren't a thing. You can have it treated as another Type simultaneously, but that has to be an additional effect. That, and we don't know what Dio Brando even does. Even if Dio is OP'd in the JoJo universe, it is your responsibility as a cardmaker to balance him out in card form. 

Kono Dio da!!!

A monster can only have one written type. If you want Dio to be both Spellcaster- and Psychic-type, I suggest you write one with the / Synchro / Effect and another as an effect. For example, "This card is also treated as a Spellcaster-type." Personally, I think he fits the definition of a Fiend, though.

I don't see any noticeable references to his Time Stop ability (The World), so I'll assume that's a separate card.

As previously stated, DIO's DEF is outrageously high. Making it something around 3500 like the ATK would make sense considering his Level, and it would help balance the card overall.

Archived