Temporary Bans

White, all I'm seeing from you is an attempt to degrade this thread to the point that it becomes nothing more than that pile of poop in Misc you so seem to love talking about. Stop it. It's beyond aggravating. Your antagonization seems like you're purposely trying to make them lose that foresight.

Anyhoo, I am admittedly in agreeance with the concept of temporary bans. Areas outside of the RP section have become far too acidic for my liking and I would like to be able to get out of it and participate on the rest of the site every once in a while.

You missed the point. I got more points for a necrobump than a poop pic in a troll Misc topic than what a mod thought was "abusive behavior"

The point is the mod team was in disarray and had/has no coordination. Not the poop lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't have anything to do with Warning points. It has to do with the penalty you get for the temporary ban and the time the ban lasts for.

You missed what I was getting at. What I meant by bringing up warning points was that, if I'm forced to scale punishments to the number of times a person has offended, rather than, say, what exactly was done and why, then my example (Vol Vrac) would simply be getting warning points, instead of what is, in my opinion, temp ban worthy offenses.

But, we're getting grossly off-topic here. I think that the general consensus is that yes, the staff should make more frequent uses of temp bans, yes? And if so, I'll make sure we have something pertaining to that in the new draft of the site rules.

You're forced to scale punishments and follow the books becuase you're not infallible? And users you dislike shouldn't have to suffer punishments becuase of your imperfections and baises?

It doesn't matter what you think Vols intentions are. Or atleast it shouldn't in a just system. You have to prove motive, not assume it

You're forced to scale punishments and follow the books becuase you're not infallible? And users you dislike shouldn't have to suffer punishments becuase of your imperfections and baises?

THIS is nothing but trying to piss people off. Even if it's in text, I can hear every word of this in a sneer. Either stop the antagonization or GTFO of the thread.

I know I'm not a mod, but this is ticking me off.

THIS is nothing but trying to piss people off. Even if it's in text, I can hear every word of this in a sneer. Either stop the antagonization or GTFO of the thread.

No, it means Zai and the mods can't read minds and that punishment atleast should be objective if the warnings aren't.

They can't sense motive. And they shouldn't act on what they don't know.

Srs question to mods: have you already made up your minds on what to do? Cause might as well cut the chase if so

I'd rather you not start a fight here, Tes. Nipping the flaming in the bud before it starts. This is everyone's warning, or we just might have to have a live-fire test of these temp bans ;)

No, it means Zai and the mods can't read minds and that punishment atleast should be objective if the warnings aren't.

This, I actually agree on, though it would hep to attempt to make your words in a way that does not seem to easily lead itself to such negative mentality.

I'd rather you not start a fight here, Tes. Nipping the flaming in the bud before it starts. This is everyone's warning, or we just might have to have a live-fire test of these temp bans ;)

This thread has already risen my blood pressure higher than I would like it to be, so I'm just gonna fly outta this.

Srs question to mods: have you already made up your minds on what to do? Cause might as well cut the chase if so

As of now, temporary bans will be used more frequently (not unjustified and handed out willy nilly).  I'm going to bring it up for further discussion so we can come to an agreement.  After which time, we'll make a statement regarding temp bans and how they will be handled.  Until then, I'm locking this due to derailing and what really did just become a shitfest and personal gripe.

I'll unlock the thread for further discussion after we've decided how to handle temp bans as a whole.

Archived