My problem with Winter

Delibirb

Though it's better than Summer, because its much easier to protect oneself against cold temperatures than warm, once you enter an area or building where it is warm to compensate, you have a number of additional layers and outerwear, which either must be removed and carried, which is cumbersome, or worn despite the temperatures, which is uncomfortable, and can border on oppressive.

Winter is obviously the superior season, but it's far from perfect. Your thoughts?

Though it's better than Summer, because its much easier to protect oneself against cold temperatures than warm, once you enter an area or building where it is warm to compensate, you have a number of additional layers and outerwear, which either must be removed and carried, which is cumbersome, or worn despite the temperatures, which is uncomfortable, and can border on oppressive.

Winter is obviously the superior season, but it's far from perfect. Your thoughts?

It's too white.

Best seasons where I live: Late Spring (May -> Early June) and Early Autumn (September -> Mid-October)

These seasons are the best because they hit some real sweet spots where the weather is very nice, but it's warm and neither too hot nor too cold. Mid-Summer ends up getting too hot at times, and late-fall to early-spring just ends up being dark, cloudy, cold, and very rainy.

We don't get winter in this state (never snows here bar on Mauna Kea on Hawai'i Island/Big Island); basically late spring/summer weather all year bar for rainstorms. It does get cold at night, but that's the low/mid 60s (sometimes upper 50s). 

So mid/upper 80s / sometimes low 90s in summer and roughly upper 70s - low/mid 80s every other time. 

Archived