Gilgamesh fights again!

Fu Manchu

4SLZ1bv.jpg

Card Description:

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During your Main Phase 1: You can add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck or either player's Graveyard to your hand. During either player's Main Phase 1: You can destroy cards on the field, up to the number of Equip Spell Cards equipped to this card. You can only use each effect of "Gilgamesh, the Weapon Hunter" once per turn.

Just to get this out of the way:

"ENOUGH EXPOSITORY BANTER!

"NOW WE FIGHT LIKE MEN!

"AND LADIES!

"AND LADIES WHO DRESS LIKE MEN!

"FOR GILGAMESH:

"IT IS MORPHING TIME!"

Now then:

Funnily enough, the best thing going for this card is probably its Level and ATK, since it can be made with Sea Monster of Theseus and any Level 4 monster. So that's fun.

But then again, the only real reason I say that is because, well, Equip cards aren't as good as they used to be. There's still a few fun things you can do with this though, like equipping it with Moon Mirror Shield to mostly protect it from battle, and, if there's an anti-effect destruction Equip Card, that as well.

Mage Power is especially fun to use with this, since you can just search an Equip Spell once per turn for free and just keep piling on more and more equip cards for the memes. Psychic Blade/whatever the Equip that you pay 2000 Life Points to give the equipped monster 2000 ATK is would also be fun. The more Equip Cards the better, since it gives Gilgamesh more ATK, as well as the ability to destroy more cards without targeting.

Overall, it's just a really fun card, with a whole slew of possibilities. Nice comeback in the CCing business, dood. Glad to have you back. :3 I still say you should make Golbez at some point >.>

Also seconding the idea of making Excalipoor and Enkidu, as originally suggested by Polaris.

EDIT: OH! And before I forget, I like how it's an Earth Warrior, which gives it Goyo support. Whether it's intentional or not, that's still pretty cute. :3

Thanks again, my dudes. I'll definitely try something with Excalipoor and Enkidu, and probably Golbez too, even though I tried before and couldn't come up with a good effect for him.

I think I have an idea for Golbez, though not really in terms of effect:

How about an Xyz that can be summoned with the Four Archfiends (Rubi, Scarm, Barba, and Cagna) as materials? Or can use any number of mats and gains effects based on which Archfiend it has as materials, with the best effect being with all four at once?

I think I have an idea for Golbez, though not really in terms of effect:

How about an Xyz that can be summoned with the Four Archfiends (Rubi, Scarm, Barba, and Cagna) as materials? Or can use any number of mats and gains effects based on which Archfiend it has as materials, with the best effect being with all four at once?

That is a really good suggestion, actually. I didn't even think about that since the Archfiends are unable to be Special Summoned, but I got an idea that might fix that problem.

That is a really good suggestion, actually. I didn't even think about that since the Archfiends are unable to be Special Summoned, but I got an idea that might fix that problem.

No problem dood. :3

Anytime you need help with custom card making, just shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Damn, this card is really strong IMO. With a single Equip Spell it already becomes a Drident that can also target Set cards without even targeting them, and gets stronger the more Equips it has, which it gets to grab every turn and even from the grave, so no need to clog your deck with a lot of Equip Spells. As mentioned above, you can equip it with protection Equips like Moon Mirror Shield and maybe Noble Arms of Destiny to make it tougher, and IMO another somewhat good pick is Murasame Blade, which becomes unaffected by destruction while equipped so the opponent cannot resort to destructive backrow removal to disarm this monster.

Also, as mentioned before, Synchro9 is a bit more accessible now through Theseus.

Really, at least I would make the destruction effect target cards, or only affect face-up cards, for a feeling of fairness, but other than that the card is quite sweet.

Its first effect is pretty powerful. Get an Equip Spell for free, and it can be either from your deck or either player's graveyard. Just steal your opponent's cards, why don't you. Its second effect is also super powerful, partially because you can get Equip Spells for days with the first effect, and partially because you don't need to target.

I suggest you make Summoning it harder somehow. Whether that means having one or more Materials be Synchro Monsters (either like Crystal Wing or be an Accel Synchro, whatever you choose) or making it require more non-Tuners, I think it just needs to be more difficult to bring out. You could also add a clause that says it can only be Special Summoned by Synchro Summoning it or something like that if you want.

All right, I did some balancing changes as suggested.

Buffs:

● Changed it so the effect says "You can destroy cards on the field, up to the number of Equip Spell Cards equipped to this card" as opposed to "You can destroy cards on the field, equal to the number of Equip Spell Cards equipped to this card".

Nerfs:

● Changed it so it can only be Special Summoned by Synchro Summon.

● Changed it so it can only destroy cards during the Main Phase 1.

Archived