YCM Championship Series #5 - Interest Check and Planning

IiXvMVU.png

Let’s get to business. I am hosting the 5th continuation of the YCM Championship Series. This is the perfect moment to test your knowledge of the metagame. Find out what deck a lucky YCMember uses to take down the tournament. Some lucky brew can come out of nowhere and take this down this escapades with relative ease. Maybe Zoodiacs tear apart the opponent’s field or Dragon Blaster could take down the entire thing.

Right now, this is just to see a peak of interest and see how many people will be involved. The tournament itself with be a round robin, cut to top 4. The number of rounds will be dependent on the amount of players involved. I will use challonge to keep pairings and ranks posted while the tournament is underway. I am not firing the tournament yet, so there is no submission and application yet. I am just getting numbers of people interested in wanting to be a part of it.

The format is Advanced TCG. According to the Yugioh-Card, there should be a newly posted banned list on March 30th. I figured I would set up this and once the banned list, give people a week or so to build a deck. Week 1 formats are always a blast. Unless I am wrong, then I will go off of the August 2016 Forbidden and Limited list.

The Forbidden and Limited List - August 2016

All duels will be used on DuelingBook, the newest website for that is like DuelingNetwork. Make an account on that website. Regarding the use of other programs and websites, YGOPro seems to be less accessible to other members with DuelingBook being easier to access. I figured it would just be easier for everyone to use DuelingBook.

Decklists will be sent to me through PM when signed up to make sure that cards are within the legal parameters. There will be no deck changes allowed once they are submitted. Each round will end with a best out of 3 game match. One player will post the record (EX. 2-1, 2-0) and the opponent will need to verify the result. Three days will be permitted to finish up the match. If anyone drops, a 2-0 record will be given to the other player. Any extension needed, please inform me the need and I will accommodate it. I will release the Top 4 decklists to the public after the last round standings are in.\

I am interested! Are we allowed to use cards from Maximum Crisis, a set that reaches the TCG in early May?

Do it in Trad or Retro format would be my idea. Anyone can play more TCG, some spice in life can't hurt. 

-1 support. I never got the opportunity to play the current format properly competitively due to being poor, so I want that opportunity.

Also, just a mention: If you guys have any ideas to make this better, don't be afraid to post in this thread. Community outreach and s***.

Maybe change the OP to automatic instead of black text? I have to highlight it to read it since I use the 2edgy4me theme.

I am interested! Are we allowed to use cards from Maximum Crisis, a set that reaches the TCG in early May?

-1 support. I never got the opportunity to play the current format properly competitively due to being poor, so I want that opportunity.

Maybe change the OP to automatic instead of black text? I have to highlight it to read it since I use the 2edgy4me theme.

This tournament will be started before the beginning of May, most likely. I don't know how releases work on DuelingBook, but I am probably going to have to say no to that. I will see if I am wrong or not there. When I actually start the tournament, I will have the approved recent sets in the post.

I would suggest you don't use sheet themes, but changed.

Do it in Trad or Retro format, would be my idea. Anyone can play more TCG, some spice in life can't hurt. 

You're funny.

This tournament will be started before the beginning of May, most likely. I don't know how releases work on DuelingBook, but I am probably going to have to say no to that. I will see if I am wrong or not there. When I actually start the tournament, I will have the approved recent sets in the post.

I would suggest you don't use s*** themes, but changed.

You're funny.

Thank you! I prefer that we don't use MACR cards if we're going to using the August 2016 list since I prefer to play in real formats rather than imaginary ones.

I use 2edgy because the white on the other themes hurts my eyes.

woke, will join

would reach a s c e n s c i o n if KING OF BRAVES/geTtEr is allowed

King Of Braves expressed interest. I would have to speak with him about how he will provide me the information needed, but it shouldn't be a problem with me. I am just going to have to be more on top of him and he will need to contact me specifically in regards to his rounds, decklist, etc.

Thank you! I prefer that we don't use MACR cards if we're going to using the August 2016 list since I prefer to play in real formats rather than imaginary ones.

I use 2edgy because the white on the other themes hurts my eyes.

The March 2017 banned list will most likely be the one to use. I will cement all of the actual information once I get everything in proper order.

will defs join, and just so you know the latest banlist is on March 31st: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Thank you!

King Of Braves expressed interest. I would have to speak with him about how he will provide me the information needed, but it shouldn't be a problem with me. I am just going to have to be more on top of him and he will need to contact me specifically in regards to his rounds, decklist, etc.

The March 2017 banned list will most likely be the one to use. I will cement all of the actual information once I get everything in proper order.

Thank you!

Oh ok then, time to change my deck from vanity's turbo to something else lol

yessss

defo interested

feel like discussion of whether or not TCG only or OCG through current releases (Cyverse Gadget, Performapal Card Gardna, Edge Imp Cotton Eater) like promos and MACR should be done, according to preference.

yessss

defo interested

feel like discussion of whether or not TCG only or OCG through current releases (Cyverse Gadget, Performapal Card Gardna, Edge Imp Cotton Eater) like promos and MACR should be done, according to preference.

Okay, let's have the discussion. SHould we include up to Edge Imp Cotton Eater or cut it off at Raging Tempest with being TCG only?

Okay, let's have the discussion. SHould we include up to Edge Imp Cotton Eater or cut it off at Raging Tempest with being TCG only?

If we're using the March Banlist, I think we should cut it off at either Duelist Saga or Maximum Crisis. We don't know when cards like Cotton Eater or Cyverse Gadget are reaching the TCG, so to me it just feels like arbitrarily picking and choosing which cards to include in the YCMCS and which not to.

If we're using the March Banlist, I think we should cut it off at either Duelist Saga or Maximum Crisis. We don't know when cards like Cotton Eater or Cyverse Gadget are reaching the TCG, so to me it just feels like arbitrarily picking and choosing which cards to include in the YCMCS and which not to.

not really sure how "up until the latest released card(s)" is picking and choosing

The three cards I mentioned just got released, and there's nothing to be released after that before the tournament. Only reason I mentioned them.

DUSA or MACR is fine for sure, just pointing out that MACR isn't really arbitrary. MACR could be called such, too, because Pendulum Evolution has related content to MACR, which may or may not include a large chunk of OCG cards we don't yet know.

But straight-up TCG is also acceptable.

not really sure how "up until the latest released card(s)" is picking and choosing

Sorry, I was thinking from a very TCG-centric point of view since we obviously aren't including Links in this. Seems weird that we would include Cyverse Gadget specifically but not Links, and we can't do Links.

DUSA or MACR is fine for sure, just pointing out that MACR isn't really arbitrary. MACR could be called such, too, because Pendulum Evolution has related content to MACR, which may or may not include a large chunk of OCG cards we don't yet know.

I personally would prefer that we cutoff at DUSA to MACR, since it's nearer and is going to be relevant very soon. (And is unavoidable if we're using March 2017 list). But some people are emotionally invested in the MACR cards and could make an argument that it should be included since it's somewhat near. Pendulum Evolution I

1. forgot about
  2. personally feel is a bit too far away
  3. feel salty about Startime + Spacetime fields.

But yeah, feel free to ignore any amount of my input :) I just wanted to offer my 2 cents and will probably be entering this tournament regardless.

Archived