Pendulum Template

thanonyx

Question

OK, the last episode of Arc-V is upon us and this site still does not have the option to make Pendulum Monsters. Since I have not been here in quite some time I feel that I am forced to ask as to what it is taking this little undertaking of yours so much time to execute? If you aren't going to make pendulum monsters an option for your card creator at all then I think it would be appropraite that you tell the users on this forum that they will never be available as an option. It's okay to tell us you're never making them for the card creator, it beats coming to this site every so often and still not seeing them anywhere on the card maker's options. If you are planning to add them in the future can we get an estimated date as to when they will be added to the card maker? So, when can we expect them? 2018, 2024, maybe 2036? Also, how long will it be before we see a Link Monster option when they come to the states? 2050? 3070? 4135? In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium?

8 answers to this question

A damn shame. Forum is so dead compared to when I started. The owner probably just gave up. Now this site will just keep going down and down unless another moderator fixes things, but they won't because none know how...
They REALLY need to get someone ASAP to be a new moderator and fix this before the site becomes truly dead...

From what I recall, making those types of changes entail messing with the cardmaker code and while I think evilfusion said he had some limited knowledge for that, he didn't want to risk straight-up breaking the cardmaker. I think there's some legal issues as well, there's a line in the sand somewhere on how much we can tamper without the admin.

It's not that YCMaker "gave up" on the place so much that he doesn't bother to continuously check and update. The site works and still generates revenue for him and that's seemingly what matters to him.

There's another thread here in News you should all check out. One of our members has a way to contact YCMaker and is compiling a list of site issues and bugs that are in need of fixing. There's no guarantee he'll reply, but we are trying to reach him in an organized fashion.

A damn shame. Forum is so dead compared to when I started. The owner probably just gave up. Now this site will just keep going down and down unless another moderator fixes things, but they won't because none know how...

They REALLY need to get someone ASAP to be a new moderator and fix this before the site becomes truly dead...

(Well, blame a lot of incidents in 2012 and life taking people for college, work, etc; plus Yugioh losing popularity due to changes.)

evilfusion has some knowledge of the cardmaker code, but outside minor things that he knows he will not screw up, changes won't be made. In this instance, Pendulums will require a bit of extra coding given how much they deviate from the existing designs from DM to ZEXAL (Xyz had the stars aligned to the left, but that's probably it). The same can be said for Link Monsters.

I seem to recall someone here saying that if one could find out the language the cardmaker is written in, they MIGHT be able to help. But yeah, dk if they're still around now.

In case you didn't read the News thread and stuff in C/S, we are NOT hiring new moderators right now.

From what I recall, making those types of changes entail messing with the cardmaker code and while I think evilfusion said he had some limited knowledge for that, he didn't want to risk straight-up breaking the cardmaker. I think there's some legal issues as well, there's a line in the sand somewhere on how much we can tamper without the admin.

It's not that YCMaker "gave up" on the place so much that he doesn't bother to continuously check and update. The site works and still generates revenue for him and that's seemingly what matters to him.

There's another thread here in News you should all check out. One of our members has a way to contact YCMaker and is compiling a list of site issues and bugs that are in need of fixing. There's no guarantee he'll reply, but we are trying to reach him in an organized fashion.

1. Any change to the cardmaker requires some modification of the code; even to add Level 0 or correct "small mistakes". As noted above, evil can do some things, but rest of the stuff is iffy. He also mentioned the legal issues; if YCMaker will be pissed off or not that we modified his code even if it doesn't crash on us.

2. You guys know how inactive he is, so effectively, YCMaker's just a puppet leader at this point. Most, if not all, the forum affairs are dealt with by us.

====

I should note that we [the staff members] do have access to YCMaker's Twitter and supposedly email (if we don't, ask Tormey for it), but former is a bad choice given activity on that.

We are well-aware that the cardmaker is outdated as hell, but without admin help, it's not going to happen. Most of you are already using TCGEditor, which is pretty much your only option (at least you can play with it offline and modify it to your needs), unless you want to use a GIMP/PS template. Right now, current version of TCGEditor is 12.2 MB.

OK, the last episode of Arc-V is upon us and this site still does not have the option to make Pendulum Monsters. Since I have not been here in quite some time I feel that I am forced to ask as to what it is taking this little undertaking of yours so much time to execute? If you aren't going to make pendulum monsters an option for your card creator at all then I think it would be appropraite that you tell the users on this forum that they will never be available as an option. It's okay to tell us you're never making them for the card creator, it beats coming to this site every so often and still not seeing them anywhere on the card maker's options. If you are planning to add them in the future can we get an estimated date as to when they will be added to the card maker? So, when can we expect them? 2018, 2024, maybe 2036? Also, how long will it be before we see a Link Monster option when they come to the states? 2050? 3070? 4135? In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium?

The only one that can add them now is YCMaker. Someone has tried to contact YCMaker, but we don't know if he will read it, or act upon it.

As for Pendulum cards:

http://www.tcgeditor.com/

This should work.

Only options you really have are Magic Set Editor (but the templates are kinda crappy) or use Zextra/my Pendulum template (will require that you have SOME knowledge of GIMP). 

But yeah, we are aware that YCM needs Pendulums but as far as we're concerned, he's dead and isn't going to update the cardmaker anytime soon (either with Pendulums or even fixing the other problems that've persisted since last year. Hell, we even know about LINK monsters, and those will take some effort to code. 

====

You can still make them on this site, but will have to be written if you don't want to download. (TCGEditor requires about 18 MB of storage if I remember correctly; dk how much space you have left for it.)

Archived