[Written] D/D Doom Beast Chimera and D/D/D Noble King Gearfried

Thomas★Zero

D/D Doom Beast Chimera

lv 3 DARK

Fiend/Effect

If all face-up Monsters you control are "D/D" Monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is used as a Link Material for a "D/D/D" Link Monster, this card is treated as 2 Link Material Monsters. If this card is used as a Link Material using this effect, banish this card.

ATK/300 DEF/300

D/D/D Noble King Gearfried

LIGHT

Link: DL, D, DR

Fiend/Link/Effect

Link 3 - "D/D" Monster(s) - Min. 2

When this card is Link Summoned: add 1 "Dark Contract" Spell Card from your Deck or graveyard to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "D/D/D Noble King Gearfried" once per turn. While this card is linked to a "D/D" Monster, this card cannot be destroyed (either by battle or by card effects.)

ATK/2500 LINK-3

So with D/D/D's with Link Summoning Doom Beast Chimera acts as a easy out to Noble King Gearfried while at the cost of being banished face-down as a result. In addition Greafried itself can search a Dark Contract for support along with being protected by other D/D monsters its linked to. In addition Gearfried then also opens up to further D/D/D plays.

Chimera essentially being a 1-card Gearfried is a very BAD idea, even if D/D's got screwed over hard in this format and it's banished face-down so no recovery from other cards. That being said, you don't exactly have other D/D Links to make this otherwise, but yeah. You probably to tone down how much of a Link Material this can be used for. Probably would be fine if it was used as 2 Link Materials. 

Having skepticism on Gearfried's 3000 ATK coupled with its destruction immunity while Linked; yeah, it's still a sitting duck if you make this turn 1 off Chimera, but if you can get set up, then that's it. Searching a Contract is fine, but think you can get away with letting it retrieve from the Graveyard as well. I would say to let it search the Trap ones too, but then Errors/Eternal Darkness exist. I suppose you could also make it a Link 2 monster so D/D's can get it out much quicker and proceed to do what they need to. (Last time I played D/D's, they can field 2 of the smaller members quickly enough; but that may have changed).

Gearfried's ATK should be lowered a bit though.

Chimera essentially being a 1-card Gearfried is a very BAD idea, even if D/D's got screwed over hard in this format and it's banished face-down so no recovery from other cards. That being said, you don't exactly have other D/D Links to make this otherwise, but yeah. You probably to tone down how much of a Link Material this can be used for. Probably would be fine if it was used as 2 Link Materials. 

Having skepticism on Gearfried's 3000 ATK coupled with its destruction immunity while Linked; yeah, it's still a sitting duck if you make this turn 1 off Chimera, but if you can get set up, then that's it. Searching a Contract is fine, but think you can get away with letting it retrieve from the Graveyard as well. I would say to let it search the Trap ones too, but then Errors/Eternal Darkness exist. I suppose you could also make it a Link 2 monster so D/D's can get it out much quicker and proceed to do what they need to. (Last time I played D/D's, they can field 2 of the smaller members quickly enough; but that may have changed).

Gearfried's ATK should be lowered a bit though.

I made the following edits as advised...

* Made it so Chimera is treated as 2 but as a result not banished face-down.

* Made Gearfried ATK 2500 and also be able to search from Deck and Grave for contracts.

Archived