Atypical-Abbie

Here's a card that shuts down Link Summons (and other Special Summons from the Extra Deck as well), and makes Link Monsters mostly useless. I was a bit conflicted on how to word the Special Summoning part, I may have made it a bit confusing, but you can still Special Summon this if your opponent controls a monster from the Main Deck, but they must control only 1 monster from the Extra Deck, otherwise you can't Summon this card at all.

FWwZcw4.png

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) to your opponent’s side of the field in Defense Position while your opponent controls only 1 monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck to your Main Monster Zone. Link Monsters you control are treated as having no Link Markers, also you cannot Link Summon using this card as Link Material. Once per turn, during your opponent’s Standby Phase: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

The wording for the Special Summon effect makes sense to me. If your opponent controls at least one monster, only one of whom was Summoned from the Extra Deck, then you can bring out Specter Nightmare.

I don't see how the second effect helps in any way. If what I've read is correct (and I apologize if it isn't), then a Main Monster Zone becomes a Linked Zone when Linked to a Link Monster, and a Linked Zone isn't a Main Monster Zone anymore. Maybe you could reword it to say the controller can't Special Summon ED Monsters to their Linked Zones instead.

So after you get it out on your opponent's field, it burns you. It seems like a decent counterbalance, but I think 1000 damage every turn is a bit much, since if it stays on the field for 8 turns, you're basically dead (unless you can negate or reduce the damage). Maybe something like 700 or 800 would be more reasonable.

Archived