[ANIME] Performapal LGBT Magician

Oh so we are just talking about semantics? Well yes, then you are absolutely right, it isn't an inherent mechanic, but that wasn't what I was trying to say, just that it's part of the game's mechanics, if that makes any sense.

Cards can reference other cards by name. Some cards can reference cards by part of their name. Other cards can reference cards by attribute, or type, or ATK/DEF values.

Since Dark Magician doesn't receive the support from Pendulum Call, it is no more part is the pendulum magician 'archetype' than P.M. Captor, or Nimble Momonga.

Name is just another part of how cards are defined, and really has no special rule about it. The cyber dragon stuff is just clarification on a wording. The fact that the wiki has specific definitions of archetypes, and what determines things to be such, or rather just a 'series'creates confusion for many players in that the concept of "archetype" has any actual game relevance.

Cards can reference other cards by name. Some cards can reference cards by part of their name. Other cards can reference cards by attribute, or type, or ATK/DEF values.

Since Dark Magician doesn't receive the support from Pendulum Call, it is no more part is the pendulum magician 'archetype' than P.M. Captor, or Nimble Momonga.

Name is just another part of how cards are defined, and really has no special rule about it. The cyber dragon stuff is just clarification on a wording. The fact that the wiki has specific definitions of archetypes, and what determines things to be such, or rather just a 'series'creates confusion for many players in that the concept of "archetype" has any actual game relevance.

Dark Magician isn't part of the Magician Archetype to begin with, so that's a bad example, even though what you're saying is wrong anyway, an Archetype is an effect (not a game mechanic, my mistake for using terms without care before), which references multiple cards' names or part of their name in their effect and then has "card", "monster", Spell Card" "Trap Card" and a few others like "Xyz Monster", but not gonna list them all here and then supports them in some way, typically by searching for them in the Deck or Special Summoning from the hand etc. Your definition excludes the idea of cards not being able to support them if they are not within specific parameters, such as a Pendulum Monster, however that because a touchy subject when you think about having cards turn into other card types, or sometimes card names. If that's the case, you now have a card which doesn't fall into your definition anymore, but due to the way that Archetypes work would do so now.

Also, it does have relevance, the game has been designed with them in mind for years now, you play them, I play them, it's how the game works at this point, it's more important than pretty much anything else in the game. The only confusion about it is that some cards have the same name as their Archetype, if you don't get it, it's probably because you're new and if that's the case, there are way harder things in this game to learn about.

You misunderstand my point.

Cards can be referred to by name just as much as they can be something else. Scrap Factory only summons "Scrap" monsters, Recurring Nightmare only supports DAR Monsters with 0 defense. Just because it is based on name rather than another parameter doesn't make it any different, in the grand scheme of things.

You misunderstand my point about relevance as well. I am saying that when semantics are argued about what is and isn't an archetype (such as how it was insisted for so long that monarchs are not, due to not being referenced by name) it takes away from the purpose behind cards designed to work together. It isn't a matter of "pendulum call supports the magician archetype, but only some of them because it specifies pendulum". If they aren't supported, why bother include them in the arbitrary definition of an archetype, that was ultimately constructed by players in the first place?

You getting any of this now? At this point we may be better off moving the discussion to PM, since we are miles off topic.

Speaking of the topic, this card is garbage, just like the duel it was used in.

Duel was good idk what Giga's on about

REIJI was eh but Yuya was great and made up for it

idk if those spells yuya used to summon the dragons were a thing before, if they were it helps a bit, but still ehhh

My issues with it are basically that the last episode worth wasn't really interaction, just yuya throwing sheet at reiji's "lol check out this board yo"

This card was a really weird brake to the action.

Albert was funking stupid tbh.

idk if those spells yuya used to summon the dragons were a thing before, if they were it helps a bit, but still ehhh

My issues with it are basically that the last episode worth wasn't really interaction, just yuya throwing sheet at reiji's "lol check out this board yo"

This card was a really weird brake to the action.

Albert was funking stupid tbh.

reiji's spells and Albert were stupid, but Yuya's spells were fine. They represented a lot of things, and I touched on that in the arc-v topic, so not repeating on phone.

This card forced Reiji to participate, making the action actually happen, when he'd been standing around before/in his duels in general.

This card upped the duelist involvement, in exchange for slowing the duel itself.

Archived