Favorite Console and Console Controller

Fusion X. Denver

I'd say my favorite console would be the Nintendo Wii. The bulk of my gaming was done on the Wii and I was able to play all my old Gamecube games as well as the new exciting ones coming out for the console at the time. The advent of the Virtual Console was also a really neat addition to play those retro games.

Favorite controller is hands down the Gamecube controller. No other controller has felt more comfortable for me than that one. I also like Xbox controllers, their trigger buttons are better than Playstation's IMO. 

Tell us your favorites.

Favorite console is the GameCube, with the N64 being a VERY close second.

However, I would be lying out my ass if I said the N64 had my favorite controller. The joystick kills it, among other things.

Instead, my favorite controller is either the GameCube's or PlayStation 2's.

I think I've done far more GBA and DS gaming on my DS Lite's than anything else, so it's hard to say console as a home system, but probably the Wii. It reintroduced Mario Kart and Smash as something I could play more regularly, and from my experience, I definitely prefer its versions to the GameCube ones *dies in the water*

It gave me probably the most chaotic Mario platformer with how fun Wii (and subsequently U) was co-op, it basically introduced me to 3D Mario as well (if I don't count not getting anywhere in Sunshine at McDonalds). A uniquely new way of playing certain games, and I preferred it for the first Pikmin. 

The Joycons in grip might actually be the most comfortable I've ever felt with a controller. I don't feel like it's too soon to be commenting on that, at least, as there is one thing that kills it: No D-pad. Only getting a pro controller once I feel it necessary to have a D-pad, and like I've heard quite a lot, the Joycons by themselves, are surprisingly comfortable even in big hands, but would still benefit from a bigger, more traditional grip, most likely.

I might say Dualshock 4, as the Playstation controllers are mostly just improvements onto themselves, but the non-traditional options button and huge touchpad that is also used as a menu in what seems like a good amount of the time (from the all 2-3 games I've played), it feels way too different. Mostly an improvement, but right now I prefer Dualshock 3.

To continue the needlessly huge post I've got going, I haven't touched an official X-Box controller of any kind, but there is one that from my knowledge is really similar (to 360) I bought for my PC. Gave up on it because I mostly just used it for keyboard/mouse replacement when I wanted to get a decent ways away for whatever reason (was only to watch things and be able to immediately pause/screenshot things), and play hacked/randomized Pokemon. The right most button didn't register all the time because of the weird way it seems to be sticking out compared to what I'm used to which was a problem for the former, and as for the latter: The D-pad sucks. Went back to a slightly better one after realizing that it finally worked again.

For now, I would actually give it to the Wii Remote. Joycons are a lot like them, though they may have less buttons, they laid the groundwork for almost certainly an immensely pleasing time to come. That, and they have a D-dad.

The Nintendo GameCube, both the console and its controller, but especially the controller. I remember playing Super Monkey Ball 2 on it all the time and being pretty good at that game, but when I tried picking it up again years later and playing it with a PS3 controller, I couldn't complete levels that were easy to me back then. The GameCube controller definitely had the best analog stick.

My favorite console is the Nintendo Wii, since has no wire which allows free and multi-directional movement, also effective at long range. The Nintendo Wii also provides 4 player to play at the same time, without a bedlam of tangling cables, perfect for a whole family fun, which I enjoy with my father, sister, cousins, etc.

Nintendo Wii is also compact and quite small compared to others, making it easy to transport from one place to another, and it has the ability to run various different consoles, like the N64, GCN, SNES, etc. 

Nintendo Wii offers a wide arrangement of Mario games and it also introduced Kirby's Return to Dreamland, an epic Kirby adventure...

My favorite controller is the Wii Remote since it has a motion sensor, can act like a side-way controller for button mashing, and can be combined with the nun-chuck for added game-play preference.

Archived