Let's have a good ol' 1v1 contest~ [Open to challengers]

Here's the idea - Contests look kinda dead and yknow I understand.

But how about having some for the sake of fun?  What say all of you?

No stakes or anything like that since points don't really matter much anymore, but +Reps donations are accepted~

I'll take the first person to respond.  

[spoiler=Terms And Conditions]

Topic of the day is to make 4 cards that support a pre-existing archetype in the game.  Must include :

Main deck monster

Extra deck monster

spell

trap

you can use anything already in the game, but I'd prefer if the decks supplemented aren't already top tier decks.  (Ex. Shiranui, Infernity, Black Feather are currently casual or rogue tier decks)  (PK Fire, Blue-Eyes, Paleotoad are currently meta)  I'll make some cards when I have a challenger.

NOTE:  Created Card pics are not necessary for this challenge, please do not consider them as extra weight, I think it's just a visual aid.  Happy Voting~

[spoiler=Justine's Cards]

Lyrical Luscinia - Lapis Lark
Level 1 / WIND
Winged Beast / Effect
If a Level 1 Winged Beast-Type monster is Special Summoned: You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Lyrical Lyscinia - Lapis Lark” once per turn. A WIND Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card on the field as Xyz Material gains this effect.
● When this card is destroyed by battle: Special Summon 2 “Lyrical Luscina” monsters in your Graveyard.
ATK: 100 / DEF: 100

Lyrical Luscinia - Encore Bluejay
Rank 1 / WIND
Winged Beast / Effect
2 or more Level 1 monsters
If this card is Xyz Summoned: You can target 1 face up Xyz “Lyrical Luscinia” monster on the field; it gains 200 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. If a “Lyrical Luscinia” monster attacks your opponent directly: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; Halve that monster’s ATK until the End Phase and it can attack your opponent again up to the number of Xyz Material attached to it.
ATK: 0 / DEF: 0

Lyrical Luscinia - Ensemble Gathering
Spell Card
If you control at least 3 “Lyrical Luscinia” monsters: Add 1 Level 1 Winged Beast-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. If you control 5 Level/Rank 1 monsters: Add 2 instead.

Lyrical Luscinia - Territorial Control
Continuous Trap
Once per turn, If your opponent would destroy a “Lyrical Luscinia” monster by a card effect: You can return that monster to your hand instead. While you control a “Lyrical Luscinia” Xyz monster, you can negate the summon of an opponent’s monster by detaching 2 Xyz Materials from it.

[spoiler=Kailyn's Cards]

Infernity%20Witch%20revised.jpg]]

Lore:  
Infernity Witch  Level 4  DARK

Fiend / Tuner / Effect  ATK / 1400  DEF / 1000

Effect:  Once per turn when this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can return any number of cards from your Hand to the Deck, then send 1 "Infernity" card from your Deck to the Graveyard for each card returned this way.  If this monster is used for a Synchro Summon, you can treat any other tuner monsters as non-tuners but that Synchro Monster's effects cannot be activated this turn.

Source : http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=565614  (proper source unavailable at this time, sorry)

Infernity%20Elder%20Horror%20revised%202

Lore:  

Infernity Elder Horror  Rank 4  DARK

Fiend / Xyz / Effect  ATK / 2500  DEF / 1600

2 or more level 4 "Infernity" monsters

Once per turn during either player's turn you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.  Special Summon 1 banished "Infernity" monster or "Hundred Eyes Dragon".  

Source : https://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1885735  (proper source unavailable, sorry)

Infernity%20Acceleration.jpg

Lore:

Infernity Accelerator 

Spell [Quick Play]

Effect:  If you have no cards in your hand when this card is activated, you can immediately perform a Synchro Summon using "Infernity" monsters you control.  You can treat up to 1 non-Tuner "Infernity" monster as a tuner for this Summon.  Once per turn while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish it during your Draw Phase instead of conducting your normal draw that turn.  If you do, add 1 "Infernity" monster from your deck to your hand.

Source : [source unavailable at this time]

Infernity%20Showdown.jpg

Lore:
Infernity Showdown

Trap Card [Continuous]

Effect:  Up to three times per turn, you can discard 1 card from your hand and send 1 "Infernity" card from your Deck to the Graveyard.  When this card leaves the field, you can select 1 "Infernity" monster in your Deck and place it on top of your Deck.  This effect can only be activated once per duel.  

Source : https://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=967616  (Proper source unavailable, sorry)

I'LL BE ADDING MY LORE TO MY CARDS IN A BIT, SOON AS I'M HOME FROM WORK.  For now, you'll need to view on computer versions of your browser, not mobile.  Voting has not started yet.  -K  10:19 am PST

Voting is open as of 6:25 PM 3/31/2017!  -K

Doesn't need to be right away, I understand people get busy.

If you wanna reserve it that's cool too.  First to 5 votes?

That's absolutely fine with me, I can get the cards done tomorrow for sure, I just gotta rest for a bit cause the cold medicine I took is nighttime. -v-

So first things first, I really like both of the continuous trap cards, I can see them being really nice support for the other cards in the archtype.

For the spell cards, I like both, tho I like Ensemble Gathering more, due to my personal bias of being a fan of toolboxing/card-searching (Kailyn's spell does this too, but it doesn't seem to be the main focus. Still cool tho)

While I like Infernity Witch and Elder Horror seem cool in their own right (I actually really like Infernity Witch. Like, a lot) I feel I'd actually really love to see the creative usage of Lapis Lark and Encore Bluejay. They seem to work well not only together, but with others in their archtype as well.

With all this in mind, I'll give my vote to Justine's cards

But both mini-sets were cool~

(Let's take this as a reminder that this section needs reforming in terms of how votes are dealt with. So yeah, DL, for the future, you will need to elaborate more or least on interactions these cards have.)

===

Bree's cards

Lark lets you retrieve stuff off a Warbler / Swallow SS midgame, so that probably helps them. Also another Main Deck member, because we all know Ruri isn't getting new support (at least for now anyway). I'm saying midgame because early on, this card won't exactly have a lot to do outside of being Xyz fodder for Nightingale/Starling.

Bluejay seems intended to work with Nightingale; push it to 400 x its materials and make it hurt more. Right now, I think LLs can make Nightingale go for 3 attacks (so taking this into consideration, 400 x 3 = 1200 x 3 = 3600 [without using this card's effect]; 5400 if you let it attack three more times). There's also stuff with Starling if you can buff another monster even further. So yeah, this works nicely.

Gathering is a more restrictive searcher, but LLs can field the needed monsters without too much of an issue, and rewards you if you can swarm with themT (or whatever R1s they can make / want at the present time).

As for Territory, I'll make a note about destructive removal being off and on at times due to the meta, but the protection still helps (especially with protecting the Xyz members, because their effects do trigger on SS and they're open targets otherwise); otherwise, you can still return them to trigger Swallow again. Summon negation is neat though, and is fine overall. 

=====

Kailyn's

I suppose Witch gives Kiryu.dek some form of hand control and effectively a Foolish Burial; oh hey, let's dump Avenger and other stuff in the Graveyard for Necromancer to revive. Oh right, and banish fodder for Hundred Eyes. Right now, Infernities technically need their hand to be empty so they just got a surefire way to make sure they keep stuff empty and/or get things into the Graveyard. I suppose in other high Synchro decks, suppose this would be helpful for letting one use excess Tuners to make things.

I'm not entirely sure how often Infernities can field more than 2 Level 4s nowadays, but guess it's fine for recurring the banish fodder you used for Hundred Eyes. Can't really see you getting back banished Void Ogre / Hundred Eyes unless they got BTH'd or something. Also no love for Infernity Death/Doom Dragon...

Acceleration is basically the quicker equivalent of Urgent Tuning for them with added benefits; suppose that does something for them. Also a second searcher in case you cannot get Archfiend's own going. 

Showdown roughly does the same thing as Witch; well, swap returning to the Deck for actual discarding and it's another Foolish clone. Again, cleans out the hand (albeit limited to 3 per turn) and Graveyard setup, so suppose that helps. I really don't think you needed a hard OPD clause on this one; hard OPT would've worked, considering what they are nowadays. I suppose you'll want to trigger Archfiend again, but yeah. 

-----

Overall:

• Bree: Gave LLs more stuff to play with, make Nightingale hurt a lot more, searcher and a way to recycle the Xyz and/or negate summons if you can swarm fast enough
  • Kailyn: Graveyard setup, retrieval of Hundred Eyes fodder, a one-shot searcher replacement for Archfiend and...more Graveyard setup.

Giving it to set A (Bree) for the cards being able to actually mesh well with Lyricals as they are now. The Infernity stuff, while addressing things that need fixing in this age (they were doing fine in the 5Ds era), either repeated on certain things (see Witch and Showdown) or didn't seem workable for them (Elder Horror's effect is good on paper, but more/less requires you to either make Hundred-Eyes consistently and banish).

====

And this counts as the first 1v1 I voted on in a very good while (taking into consideration Leaderboard is dead).

Archived