YCM Championship Series #5 - Signup and Deck Registration

IiXvMVU.png

Let’s get to business. I am hosting the 5th continuation of the YCM Championship Series. This is the perfect moment to test your knowledge of the metagame. Find out what deck a lucky YCMember uses to take down the tournament. Some lucky brew can come out of nowhere and take this down this escapades with relative ease. Maybe Zoodiacs tear apart the opponent’s field or Dragon Blaster could take down the entire thing.

The tournament itself with be a round robin, cut to top 4. The number of rounds will be dependent on the amount of players involved. I will use challonge to keep pairings and ranks posted while the tournament is underway. The format is Advanced TCG. I will go off of the March 2017 Forbidden and Limited list.

The Advanced TCG Forbidden and Limited List

All duels will be used on DuelingBook, the newest website for that is like DuelingNetwork. Make an account on that website. Regarding the use of other programs and websites, YGOPro seems to be less accessible to other members with DuelingBook being easier to access. I figured it would just be easier for everyone to use DuelingBook.

Decklists will include cards up to Maximum Crisis, the most recent set that is getting released in the TCG Format. These are the most recent sets to be released since January 2016.

Breakers of Shadow (BOSH) - January 15, 2016

Shining Victories (SHVI) - May 6, 2016

The Dark Illusion (TDIL) - August 5, 2016

Invasion: Vengeance (INOV) - November 4, 2016

Raging Tempest (RATE) - February 10, 2017

Maximum Crisis (MACR) - May 5, 2017

Decklists will be sent to me through PM when signed up to make sure that cards are within the legal parameters. There will be no deck changes after April 3rd. Each round will end with a best out of 3 game match. One player will post the record (EX. 2-1, 2-0) and the opponent will need to verify the result. Three days will be permitted to finish up the match. If anyone drops, a 2-0 record will be given to the other player. Any extension needed, please inform me the need and I will accommodate it. I will release the Top 4 decklists to the public after the last round standings are in.

To sign up, fillout this form and send your decklist to me via PM or other private methods. Slide into my DMs with your deck if you want.

YCM Alias:

DuelingBook Account:

Once I get a solid number of members participating, I will give warning as to when I am fire the tournament and then things will start of from there.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'M JOINING

Beatrice

Golden Witch Beatrice

I have a color just like Black !!

Is Duelingbook still dead?

No, DB is no longer down. I submitted my decklist less than an hour ago, and I needed DB to do it.

EDIT: Are we using the updated texts from Duelist Saga despite them not being updated on DB?

No, DB is no longer down. I submitted my decklist less than an hour ago, and I needed DB to do it.

EDIT: Are we using the updated texts from Duelist Saga despite them not being updated on DB?

Well, we did say we are using DUSA, and the list did in an those cards with erratas, so...

Well, we did say we are using DUSA, and the list did in an those cards with erratas, so...

just wanted to clarify since not all the erratas are on DB.

I don't know how badly someone is gonna misunderstand what my cards do

This tournament will be a 3 Round Robin cutting to a Top 4. There were only 8 participants that signed up and submitted decklists.

Here are your Round 1 Pairings

The True Sp33n0id vs. Zauls

Black vs. VCR_CAT

Enguin vs. Kaiju

Byakuya vs. KING OF BRAVES

Zauls vs. The True Sp33n0id

VCR_CAT vs. Black

Kaiju vs. Enguin

KING OF BRAVES vs. Byakuya

Here is the link to the Challonge site: http://challonge.com/ycmcs5

You each of three days to complete this round. Post the record here and the opponent must validate.

I lost 2-0 to King. Bricked both games and his boards were more threatening and he played pretty well. Though for the record, I am only personally using TCG cards up to RATE, and I have such a horrible matchup against the 60-card deck True Draco mix. 

Sorry, I had to leave. Can confirm won 2-0.

Archived