Ok, I've been using Duel Portal to create a new way of playing Yu-Gi-Oh called Battle Arena Style Dueling by posting the field spells required to play in the style.  Just today I found out that the browser version of Duel Portal has been shut down to make way for the Unity version of Duel Portal.  One question... If the new version isn't available to everyone, why shutdown the old version!?  I can understand that you don't want to split up the people by having 2 versions of Duel Portal up, but really, the Unity version isn't available for everyone yet, so what are those people who don't have access to the new version going to do?  I have YGOpro, so I will be fine, but you can't use custom cards there unless your a programing expert, which I am not.  So, can someone explain why this is all happening?

Presumably because the current version had enough bugs as-is (even though it did work for the most part), and likely due to bandwidth issues in trying to keep the old one up while developing the "cleaner" version.

You'd have to ask sea about all the specifics.

=====

For the moment, if you guys want to test customs out, one option is YGOPro (you do know about being able to use customs for AI battles and anything not on the YGOPro server; get the IP of the user you want to fight and should be fine.) I would say proxy stuff on Dueling Book, but I don't think the staff there will take kindly to that idea (if they're anything like what I've heard about DN admins over the past couple years).

But I don't know how to add cards to YGOpro.  Could someone teach me?

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331955-ygopro-basic-tutorial/

First part is just getting your cards into the system. Second is actually making the cards work the way you want to; "borrowing" from existing cards is generally a good start, but there are some effects that are not available in the system that you'll have to put in the work for. 

Or you can go on the YGOPro Discord coding channel for assistance. 

The new version requires me to migrate cards, decks, etc. , in a way that would be incompatible with the old version. And I can't migrate stuff while new cards/decks/accounts are still being created. Sorry, but it had to happen eventually.

Thank you for responding.  At least know I know why it was taken down, and the fact that it sounds like the Unity version will have all the stuff from the browser version makes me happy, though it might be me miss reading somethings.  I want to ask you, seattleite, do you mind being part of the back story of a RP setting on my server's Yu-Gi-Oh RP?  I will post it here, if you want to read it over.

Archived