Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[OLD VERSION] Yugioh - STARS [Discontinued]

- - - - - planning ooc oc accepting roleplay yugioh pg-16

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
297 replies to this topic

Mintywater

Mintywater

• Members
  • 72 posts
    Last Visit Jul 24 2017 08:43 AM

Bonus Chimera, eh? And an archetype based entirely around RPG Monsters? Sounds interesting. On a side note, been spending some of today coming up with a few more cards for Bryce. I'll be putting those into his Deck area soon. 

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 447 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:46 PM

are multiple characters allowed?

Insanity.

Libracor

Libracor

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 350 posts
    Last Visit May 18 2018 11:34 AM
Only if no more than 3 members submit characters.
Actually, scratch that. I'll see where we could fit one. As long as you have a complete application, send it in.

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 447 posts

The Hero's counterpart

Insanity.

Krashkube

Krashkube

• Members
  • 123 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:43 AM

noting some interest, also why can't we have a ritual stars monster?

Don't open this

Mintywater

Mintywater

• Members
  • 72 posts

Nothing saying you can't Krash, if I remember correctly. Been a while since I looked at the info....Should be nothing wrong with making a Ritual STARS Monster. 

Mintywater

Mintywater

• Members
  • 72 posts

On another note, consider this both a question for Libracor and a small warning for the Umbra archetype. If we're playing by 4K Life Points anime style, that big of burn damage (from what I assume the STARS Umbra card will be doing in a regular basis) is scary as hell.....Then again, all depends on if we're playing by 4K Life Points or 8K, which is all up to Libracor. 

JellisOP

JellisOP

God of Darkness

• Advanced Members
  • 254 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:45 PM
Name: Enigma Infinita

Appearance
Personality
Background
Deck

Misc

7gNTIgW.jpg

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 447 posts

On another note, consider this both a question for Libracor and a small warning for the Umbra archetype. If we're playing by 4K Life Points anime style, that big of burn damage (from what I assume the STARS Umbra card will be doing in a regular basis) is scary as hell.....Then again, all depends on if we're playing by 4K Life Points or 8K, which is all up to Libracor. 

i intend to adjust the amount if we're playing 4000, that's just the regular version i made for actual use

Insanity.

Libracor

Libracor

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 350 posts
We're playing 4k to emulate the feel of the anime, and rituals are a go if you want

Libracor

Libracor

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 350 posts
Also, Lightbringing Tyrano has no stats.

Libracor

Libracor

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Advanced Members
  • 350 posts
We now have four applications. I have accepted Hiro Yūrei. I will select acceptable applications from the total received one week from today. This is your last call to complete and submit your submissions. If I get at least two more submissions, I'll have another sneak peak.
Daniel "Shadow" Riddel
Or
Nicky Fleming

Mintywater

Mintywater

• Members
  • 72 posts

I'll go with Daniel. 

P.S: I'll be finishing a fast majority of the Brutal Warrior cards today, later on. 

BANZAI!!!!

BANZAI!!!!

BOOOM!

• Elite Members
  • 1,608 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 04:25 PM
  • Discord:Zai#7925
  • Alias:Zai
  • Spouse:Kate
Just a reminder to all you new people to make sure you read the RP section rules, and stick to the advanced clause.

Here's a link: https://forum.yugioh...n-rules-thread/

As well, try not to spam in the OOC section. Its for discussion and planning, yes, but please stay on topic and try to keep your posts to a minimum. Thanks.

-Zai
Posted Image

Eritzap

Eritzap

• Members
  • 10 posts
    Last Visit Apr 22 2017 12:44 PM
I want to submit a character a bit out of the standards.
Name: Yana Sliyo (Яна Слые)
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Deck:

STAR CARD:
*SP Angel of Burning Tears

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 447 posts

The Hero's counterpart

changed a few effects for a 4000 LP game

Insanity.

Mintywater

Mintywater

• Members
  • 72 posts

Hey, 0P? Just my opinion, but a lot of the Umbra cards look....Well, OP. xD. I'm just mentioning this because I have a feeling this would be voicing a lot of other people's opinions on these cards.

One of the first things I notice is that Devourer of Sins looks a little crazy....It's got a stronger version of Catastor's effect, especially since as of yet none of the other characters I know of are using Dark attribute Monsters. Not only that, but it can equip anyone's Dark Monster....Meaning it can make sure it won't be destroyed in battle by simply stealing any of your opponent's potential Dark Monsters, and if they even manage to get past it's before damage calculation destruction effect, it still most likely won't be destroyed and just dispose of it's previously equipped Monster, only to gain another. The only reason I wouldn't say he's broken is because all of the Monsters she uses seem to have 0 Attack and Defense regularly, meaning it's likely Devourer usually has 0 Attack and Defense, but still...

Now there's Impius. While it's first effect could also be scary, considering all the monsters have an original stat line of 0, it shouldn't be a big deal....But it's other effect is broken, if only because of the way you worded it. With the way it's worded, it makes it seem as if whenever they would destroy Impius, instead they just take damage equal to half it's Attack and it stays on the field. While I'm sure this isn't what you meant hopefully, still a little scary. 

Come Undone also seems a bit cheap....For no cost at all, it's a Karma Cut that also banishes any other spare copies of that Monster they happen to have. Definitely doesn't seem too fair...

The current Umbra monsters (besides Herald....Or as you called it, Harold. You probably meant Herald...) seem fine in balance besides the aforementioned Herald, since it's obvious he could deal MASSIVE burn damage. On a side note, you may want to fix the wording on "Umbra the False Light", because the way it is now, it's effect wouldn't summon anything because it says "Umbra's the False Light" instead of "Umbra the False Light". xD

Now the first big problem I see....Umbra's Shadow Spear is BUSTED. You can either destroy a Monster your opponent controls and apply some Flame Wingman to that wound, destroy three of their cards (FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE.....And also doesn't target), or you can...Do some crazy HELL YEAH that a normal spell with no cost should never be able to do. 

Umbra's Ghost Sword seems fair enough, it's basically an archetypal Psychic Blade that has a back-up effect. I can dig it. 

Same goes for Midnight Armor and Eternal Shield (though Eternal Shield definitely looks like it could be some annoying HELL YEAH....). They seem fair enough. Sorry if it feels like I'm critiquing your cards, but I just want to make sure everything's looking balanced for everyone here. :p

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 447 posts

Hey, 0P? Just my opinion, but a lot of the Umbra cards look....Well, OP. xD. I'm just mentioning this because I have a feeling this would be voicing a lot of other people's opinions on these cards.

One of the first things I notice is that Devourer of Sins looks a little crazy....It's got a stronger version of Catastor's effect, especially since as of yet none of the other characters I know of are using Dark attribute Monsters. Not only that, but it can equip anyone's Dark Monster....Meaning it can make sure it won't be destroyed in battle by simply stealing any of your opponent's potential Dark Monsters, and if they even manage to get past it's before damage calculation destruction effect, it still most likely won't be destroyed and just dispose of it's previously equipped Monster, only to gain another. The only reason I wouldn't say he's broken is because all of the Monsters she uses seem to have 0 Attack and Defense regularly, meaning it's likely Devourer usually has 0 Attack and Defense, but still...

Now there's Impius. While it's first effect could also be scary, considering all the monsters have an original stat line of 0, it shouldn't be a big deal....But it's other effect is broken, if only because of the way you worded it. With the way it's worded, it makes it seem as if whenever they would destroy Impius, instead they just take damage equal to half it's Attack and it stays on the field. While I'm sure this isn't what you meant hopefully, still a little scary. 

Come Undone also seems a bit cheap....For no cost at all, it's a Karma Cut that also banishes any other spare copies of that Monster they happen to have. Definitely doesn't seem too fair...

The current Umbra monsters (besides Herald....Or as you called it, Harold. You probably meant Herald...) seem fine in balance besides the aforementioned Herald, since it's obvious he could deal MASSIVE burn damage. On a side note, you may want to fix the wording on "Umbra the False Light", because the way it is now, it's effect wouldn't summon anything because it says "Umbra's the False Light" instead of "Umbra the False Light". xD

Now the first big problem I see....Umbra's Shadow Spear is BUSTED. You can either destroy a Monster your opponent controls and apply some Flame Wingman to that wound, destroy three of their cards (FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE.....And also doesn't target), or you can...Do some crazy s*** that a normal spell with no cost should never be able to do. 

Umbra's Ghost Sword seems fair enough, it's basically an archetypal Psychic Blade that has a back-up effect. I can dig it. 

Same goes for Midnight Armor and Eternal Shield (though Eternal Shield definitely looks like it could be some annoying s***....). They seem fair enough. Sorry if it feels like I'm critiquing your cards, but I just want to make sure everything's looking balanced for everyone here. :p

thnx i'll see what i can do to fix them, unfortunately i haven't had the chance to test them on Duel portal so i haven't had a chance to come up with a cost that fits, also thnx for the typo on Herald, i must not have been paying attention when i did that or something

Insanity.

0PxPz0

0PxPz0

It's Rotting

• Advanced Members
  • 447 posts

The Hero's counterpart

got rid of "Come Undone" and replaced it with a couple other generic traps

Insanity.

Mintywater

Mintywater

• Members
  • 72 posts

They seem a lot better now, good job. Consider them happily accepted by me now....Though my opinion really doesn't mean too much. xD 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users