[OLD VERSION] Yugioh - STARS [Discontinued]

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, in regards to Zaiduck's message, I believe the only rule we've broken is the 100 word rule, and I'm at least 80% sure I'm the only one who broke it. I'd like to take a moment to apologize for my carelessness and to assure all of you that I will be taking care to not attract moderator attention again.

With that out of the way, I have a couple of announcements, firstly that I would like all characters to be more explicit with their card effects and exactly what they do. Not to name names, but 0P in particular is hard to follow. You also have not been keeping track of your LP during your turns, which will be a major problem in future duels. Just a friendly reminder to keep these things in mind.

Announcement number 2, I've accepted Nazryl's application and will be adding it to the roster momentarily.

In regards to STARS, the prologue will be dedicated to giving each player character a STAR, so each of you will duel one time during this chapter. The only exception is still under wraps for now, but I have discussed with them and there is a story-important reason why.

And finally, what are your thoughts so far? I could use feedback to improve the quality of this RP for everybody.

You don't need to apologise, Lib. For those types of posts we should keep them in here or even Pm them to us, that way our opponents will never know Mwuahaha!!
As for the quality, can't really give an opinion at the moment, the story hasn't kicked in yet or the characters haven't truly interacted but so far it seems fun. We have a good cast of characters, so that certainly helps, as long as we don't fall into typical RP pitfalls, then it should go a long way.  

Already did. Although to be honest, this Duel seems to have been in favor for Hiro practically the entire time....Bryce is already down to a measly 300. In future duels, we should make sure they come out more even throughout it, because the difference between 300 and 5000 is massive. 

True, but still, the entire match-up has seemed a little unfair towards Bryce as a whole. Also, no, he hasn't inflicted a single point of damage onto him; all times it's been dodged by his Phantom HERO's natural effect to get out when something would probably destroy them, then bring back materials in defense. This turn though, Bryce should get in some big damage and tip the scales in his favor. 

[spoiler=Deepsea Explorer]

Name: Atlanta Cousteau

[spoiler=Appearance] 275-DcO032x_zps9b63eab8.png

often wears her school uniform about, as she states "Its ,just easier that way". She also wears head phones and listens to new ocean sounds that she and her father recorded on their last deep sea excursion.

[spoiler=Personality] You're more likely to find Atlanta on a boat studying aquatic life than in a classroom or lab studying. She has a spirit and will as strong as the strongest ocean tide. This often times gets her into trouble when someone mocks the ocean or its life. Even though she has this spirit she has a kind heart, always defending those closest to her. She calms herself with the recordings of ocean noises her and her father recorded recently. During duels she stays steadfast as the ocean, her will never breaks even in the face of defeat. She lives by the motto her father once told her "The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination and brings eternal joy to the soul."

[spoiler=Background] ​Atlanta is the daughter of a word renown Ocean explorer , even though most of humanity has moved to the skies, as such she grew up around the sea and loves and respects every aspect of it. Her father taught her everything she knows about the ocean and she herself is on track to become the world's most renown marine biologist someday. She, like her father, is one of the few respected researchers that believe in kraken like creatures, and her deck reflects that. She entered Ley City with one goal in mind, get people caring about the ocean again.

[spoiler=Deck: Blue Aura/ Deep Abyss]

Atlanta Runs a 2 archetype deck, Blue Aura which is a Instant XYZ archetype and Deep Abyss, a flip monster archetype that "Drags down" opponent's monsters

[spoiler=Blue Aura]

znacpgK.jpg

D5dk1RZ.jpg

35tMtPT.jpg

SBecpyC.jpg

Deep Chasm of Blue Aura

Spell

Continuous

While you control a Face-up "Blue Aura" monster, your opponent cannot target any other Spell/Trap cards with card effects. Once per turn during your End Phase, destroy 1 Face-up Fish-Type monster, if you cannot destroy this card.

[spoiler= Deep Abyss]

Deep Abyss- Kraken

5* Water

Fish/Flip/Effect

If your opponent has a monster and you have no monsters on your side of the field, you can special summon this card in face down defense position. If this card is destroyed by battle, destroy the monster that attacked this card. When this card is flipped face up target one monster on the field, as long as this card remains face up that card cannot attack.

1800/1200

Deep Abyss- Anger Angler

5* Water

Fish/Effect

If you control a level 3 or lower Fish type monster, you can special summon this card from your hand, then destroy one fish type monster on your field. Once per turn you can flip one facedown monster face up.

1900/1000

Deep Abyss- Leviathan

8* Water

Fish/Flip/Effect

If your opponent has 2 or more monsters and you have no monsters on your side of the field, you can special summon this card from your hand in face down defense position. If this card is flipped face up because it was attacked, banish the monster that attacked this card. Once per turn you can flip this card into face down defense position. You can discard 2 cards from your hand, then target one monster on your side of the field, increase its level to 8. You can only activate this card's effect once per turn.

2300/3000

Deep Abyss- Megalo

8* Water

Fish/Flip/Effect

If your opponent has 2 or more monsters and you have no monsters on your side of the field, you can special summon this card from your hand in face down defense position. If this card is flipped face up because it was attacked, banish the monster that attacked this card. When this card is Flip Summoned, Flip all Face-up non Fish-Type monsters Facedown. Once per turn you can destroy one Fish-Type monster on your field, then the levels of all monsters become 8.

3000/2300

[spoiler=Miscellaneous Monsters, Spells, Traps]

[spoiler= Monsters]

Killer Orca

3* Water

Fish/Effect

Once per turn, you can discard a Fish-Type monster from your hand. This card becomes the level of the discarded monster. Once per turn, when this card is destroyed by battle, add one Fish-Type monster with the same level as this card from your deck to your hand.

1200/1800

[spoiler=Spells]

A Bigger Boat

Spell

Continuous

Once per turn, in addition to your first Normal Summon/Set, you can set a Level 5 or lower Fish-Type monster. If "Umi" is on the field, you can set a Level 8 or lower Fish-Type monster. During your End Phase, destroy 1 Face-up Fish-Type monster on your field, if you cannot destroy this card.

[spoiler=Traps]

Murky Depths

Trap

Continuous

While this card is face up on the field, Fish-Type monsters that are flipped Face-up as a result of a card effect or by battle cannot be destroyed once that turn. If "Umi" is on the field, Your opponent also cannot target Set monsters with Spell/Trap effects. During your End Phase, discard 1 Fish-Type monster, if you cannot destroy this card.

[spoiler=Deck List]

Monsters:19

Blue Aura Remora x3

Killer Orca x3

Double Fin Shark x2

Deep Abyss-Kraken x2

Deep Abyss- Anger Angler x3

Deep Abyss- Leviathan x3

Deep Abyss- Megalo x3

Spells: 12

Blue Aura Ocean City, Darkwa x3

Terraforming x3

A Bigger Boat x3

Deep Chasm of Blue Aura x3

Traps: 9

Murky Depths x3

Tornado Wall x3

Forgotten Temple x3

Misc: She's afraid of the dark

STARS CARD: Deep Abyss- Grand Kaiju *SX

Water Rank 8

Fish/XYZ/Effect

3 Level 8 Fish type monster

When this card is XYZ summoned you can special summon 1 Fish type monster from your grave in facedown defense position. Once per turn you can detach 3 XYZ material from this card, Flip all face-up cards, face-down except this card. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, Face down cards cannot be flipped face-up. While this card has a XYZ material attached to it ,when this card attacks a defense position monster, inflict piercing battle damage. This card cannot be flipped face down.

2900/2200

I still have to draw a line somewhere. I'll read his application today (I can't open his spoilers on my phone for whatever reason). If I like it I'll consider it, but once this first duel winds down we have to stop accepting characters or else we'll never make it past tge prologue.

Totally. Maybe even wait until after the prologue to accept him even if it's a good application. To be honest, we need to move the story forward asap because at the moment we're all just sort of stuck in this one area waiting to duel. and as much as we may want to, character development and relationships can't really be developed during the very beginning.  

sorry I have some stuff going on and can't seem to do any IC posts anywhere, also i'm trying to figure out how to give Bryce some damage against Hiro without him looking like an idiot for forgetting his trap card

Well, what could his trap be besides R - Ravenous Vengeance? Because that's the only trap we all know he has, so anything other than that could be seen as a cheat of sort, since we wouldn't know whether or not that was really in his Deck if we don't know his whole Deck. And if it is Ravenous Vengeance, then.....I have no words, because that basically means you were absolutely planning to win this Duel without Bryce getting a single point of damage on him on his own. :/ 

Archived