Video Game Confessions Thread

Draconus297

I never actually completed the main storyline in Skyrim despite playing it for I don't even know how many hours. Primarily because, beyond the first few months where I simply lived within the game, I play it constantly for a fortnight then stop for a few months then go back for another fortnight but start a new character. One day, perhaps, I will see the ending.

I think Mario Galaxy is shit and cannot understand the acclaim for it.

The Witcher 3 is easily the most disappointing game I have ever played, again don't understand the acclaim. The only fun I had was going around the place playing gwent, and now that's a game of its own so clearly this wasn't uncommon.

These are less confessions and more random bits of information but this is a misc thread so kys tbh imo I could easily have made 30 blank posts and it's not punishable; be grateful for what you got.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never actually completed the main storyline in Skyrim despite playing it for I don't even know how many hours. Primarily because, beyond the first few months where I simply lived within the game, I play it constantly for a fortnight then stop for a few months then go back for another fortnight but start a new character. One day, perhaps, I will see the ending.

the main story is sheet and isnt worth trying to get an ending for. honestly you're in a good position where you can constantly come back to the game because you have an obligation to finish it that you never quite get to doing. i cant get back into it anymore myself since i've finished the main quest and i dont have anything motivating me

the main story is s*** and isnt worth trying to get an ending for. honestly you're in a good position where you can constantly come back to the game because you have an obligation to finish it that you never quite get to doing. i cant get back into it anymore myself since i've finished the main quest and i dont have anything motivating me

Tinpot mentality. I've done every mission and liberated every settlement in Just Cause 3, and done as many of the mini-games as I ever realistically will but I still go back and play it every now and then because it's top tier. There's far more content in Skyrim than JC, if you can't get back into it you're damaged.

Though that said I doubt I'll ever complete it because once I stop for a while I just lose all interest in whatever character I was using. I've gotten at least 10 to like level 30 and a good way into the game only to delete them and restart. I had a guy who I completed thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and reached the last level of the main quest, was like level 60 and able to kill everything bar dragons with one shot from an arrow. I then deleted him because he was a khajit and the nightingale armor in third person looked shit with the tail glitching through it.

I actually liked Donkey Kong Country 3, and for me, it's the second best Donkey Kong game, only behind Donkey Kong Country 2. I played the newer Donkey Kong Country games, and even though they were good, I didn't quite enjoy them like the older ones, it's like they're missing... something.

I'm pretty sure Metroid Prime is not a first-person shooter, but rather a first-person adventure game.

Technically, yes, but it meets a lot of the requirements for an FPS, so it counts.

I actually liked Donkey Kong Country 3, and for me, it's the second best Donkey Kong game, only behind Donkey Kong Country 2. I played the newer Donkey Kong Country games, and even though they were good, I didn't quite enjoy them like the older ones, it's like they're missing... something.

On the topic of Donkey Kong:

Donkey Kong 64 is actually one of my favorite games of all time, and I honestly don't mind the sheer volume of collectibles(funk THAT ARCADE MACHINE IN FRANTIC FACTORY THOUGH. THAT IS THE SOLE REASON I HAVE NEVER FINISHED THE GAME).

I think you'd enjoy Timesplitters

Seconded on the enjoyment of TimeSplitters. Easily the best shooter ever, and loaded with British humor and time travel.

For the multiplayer, play 2, for the story, play Future Perfect.

I think I'd enjoy it too. I watched a good chunk of a Let's Play of it a few years back, and it seems straight up my alley.

Tinpot mentality. I've done every mission and liberated every settlement in Just Cause 3, and done as many of the mini-games as I ever realistically will but I still go back and play it every now and then because it's top tier. There's far more content in Skyrim than JC, if you can't get back into it you're damaged.

Though that said I doubt I'll ever complete it because once I stop for a while I just lose all interest in whatever character I was using. I've gotten at least 10 to like level 30 and a good way into the game only to delete them and restart. I had a guy who I completed thieves guild, dark brotherhood, and reached the last level of the main quest, was like level 60 and able to kill everything bar dragons with one shot from an arrow. I then deleted him because he was a khajit and the nightingale armor in third person looked sheet with the tail glitching through it.

Then I suppose Skyrim just isn't really that good, which isn't a conclusion I mind arriving to.

You ever played Morrowind? I didn't finish that one myself but back when I was really immersed in it it felt like a world much more alive than Skyrim was. If you can get past the clunky combat it might be more your thing.

Despite being primarily a Zerg player in StarCraft, I never mastered Mutalisk stacking. I do enjoy their weird screech noise, though.

The first game system bought exclusively for me was a GameCube, and I still use the controller that came with the system.

One of my favorite games as a kid was an Xbox exclusive, and the song that played over its intro was my favorite song for years. However, I never actually owned an Xbox- I played at my uncle's house, as it was his system.

Then I suppose Skyrim just isn't really that good, which isn't a conclusion I mind arriving to.

You ever played Morrowind? I didn't finish that one myself but back when I was really immersed in it it felt like a world much more alive than Skyrim was. If you can get past the clunky combat it might be more your thing.

Nah, played Oblivion and it was horrible. Couldn't play Morrowind unless they do a console remaster or something since my laptop is pathetic.

In SingStar (a PS2 karaoke series that scores you based on your ability to match the original singer, and to do well at all on higher difficulties you need to be a near-perfect soundalike), I've managed a perfect 10000 at the highest difficulty in three songs: "Chasing Cars", "Savin' Me", and "Feel Good Inc.". I have no idea how I did it, and none of my other scores support these massive outliers.

Archived