Junk cards? Never!

MakeBoredLord

Hi guys

I am new to the forum and am not sure where this topic fits into, so my appology if it is in the wrong area. Just trying to contribute and share a little something from myself :)

Everyone has junk cards at home, and rather than just keeping them in a box and occupying spaces, I have seen people doing some pretty interesting things with them. Today I am here to share one of my ways of dealing with these cards: practice magic tricks

ok I admit that this is not exactly related to yugioh, but using yugioh card for magic tricks have several advantages:
1) the yugioh card size is much smaller than a standard poker sized card deck, and is therefore suitable for a lot of card tricks
2) the north american yugioh card Surface have a semi-matte finish, making the cards less slippery and easier to handle
3) the paper stock quality is high for the yugioh cards, making them suitable for practicing over and over as they are resistant to damage
Here's a little trick that I tried to perform with the yugioh cards. I hope you enjoy it 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9EIvbOKTJo

Thanks for watching and let me know what you do with your junk cards

and happy April Fools!

Bored Lord

Usually my junk cards are put in sleeves and covered with proxies.  For example, I don't have the money for Dimensional Barrier (what with it being $60-$70 a piece depending on who you ask), so I have multiple playsets printed out and resized to fit in my card sleeves over my junk cards.  

They feel pretty darn close to real cards while inside the sleeves.  Of course I take out the proxies in official play, but I do use them for casual games.

I still have several shoe boxes full of junk cards don't use collecting dust.

"Marble hockey". :L

I'd use cards to slap a marble around and arrange them in teams of six, usually based on type. The "nets" would be roughly parallel pencils as posts. There was a "salary cap" of sorts based on Level (36 if I remember correctly: Xyz weren't around at this point), and high ATK/DEF would correspond with offensive or defensive skill respectively. I'd put the "star players" in hard cases so they could slap the marble harder.   

Archived