Hyde's Artistic (or Autistic) Attempts. H.A.A for short...cause you'll be laughing I'm sure...

Mr. Hyde

So here's the deal...I've been wanting to get better at drawing for a long time now, but haven't drawn a thing since High School.  Even then I wasn't particularly good.  All I could draw well was Sonic...and I learned how to do that from a Newgrounds tutorial.  Needless to say, I had to start from the bottom.  If you have any constructive thoughts or criticisms to help me improve, it'd be greatly appreciated.  

[spoiler=Attempt #1 (The fugging worst)]

ITfa0Xk.jpg

[spoiler= Attempt #2 (Learning how to construct]

Bw5h89d.jpg

[spoiler=Attempt #3 (Posing)]

eqNxib2.jpg

[spoiler=Attempt #4 (Booty Booty Butt Cheeks)]

mxYFJ59.jpg

[spoiler=Attempt #5 (Proud of this one)]

xwWHlYu.jpg

We all start from the bottom at some point. I still have drawings I made up to 15 years ago that I wouldn't want anybody to see, though it is always interesting to see an old idea you only had when you were less experienced and trying to replicate it post improvements, or outright having the intention of improving an old drawing altogether.

Attempts 3, 4, and 5 show a considerable improvement from the first two (and especially from the first one).

It has good merits like not shying away from trying to make hands and feet and the eyes are in a good place (some people starting out back in my high school days used to cover an eye with hair or something because they couldn't make it look right after several attempts.... I did that at some point too... *shrugs* )

You just gotta keep drawing, you are doing well.

Archived