Digimon: Solid State [IC/PG-16]

BANZAI!!!!

OOC Thread

WXNDqxn.png

~OP~

File 01: The Gathering

"Hey, Dracomon, the compass disappeared."

"Hmm? Let me have a look." The little dragon brushed aside the dense jungle foliage that separated him from his human companion, and rather forcefully swiped the digivice from his hand. Just as Takeru had said, the compass that had been guiding them toward the coordinates specified in Seraphimon's message had vanished from the screen, and was now replaced by a pulsing dot near the top of the D-Cipher's display.

"I think it means we're close."

"I'm positive that that's what it means. Its probably only a few hundred meters that-a-way." He gestured with his free claw to what appeared to be the entrance to a clearing of some sort off in the distance.  "Why don't we go check it out?"

"Shouldn't we go back to camp first and tell everyone else? We could probably check the other digivices to see if they're showing the same thing."

Dracomon extended his chin slightly, producing an expression that mimicked a pout. "We're supposed to be scouting ahead, Takeru."

"But we don't wanna go too far ahead, right?"

"You're not scared, are ya?"

"N-no..." He truthfully wasn't, at least not of what lay ahead of them. Takeru was much more worried about incurring the wrath of Yurika Isshuin (compounded with a lecture from her partner, Lunamon) if he and Dracomon left the rest of their party behind in camp, or worse still, provoking yet another confrontation between his headstrong partner and Eileen Sheridan. The last couple of days had been stormy (both literally and figuratively) and the last thing Takeru wanted was for tensions to run even higher.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?"

"L-look, I just don't think-" Takeru stopped, and the both of them turned around as they heard footsteps coming from behind them. It seemed that the rest of the group had caught up to them.

x393wz.jpg

o8easi.png2l92kwn.jpg

x393wz.jpg

"Look, all I'm sayin' Labby is I'd rather trust your nose over the little runt." a female voice spoke in a healthy Irish accent. A white dog with strange blue markings followed about at her feet on all fours, looking up at the girl. Eileen and Labramon were walking with Yurika and Lunamon following behind Takeru and Dracomon who had said they would be scouting ahead for the group. It had been raining of late and Eileen hadn't exactly been getting along with the dragon digimon very well. So understandably she was a bit on edge. The rest of the group was fine and Eileen was glad just to be with other humans. Labramon trotted alongside his partner, trying to keep a positive outlook on things.

"Aw come on Eileen. Dracomon's pretty reliable." he said in defense of his new acquaintance. Well really Labramon liked to think of all the people and digimon the two had encountered so far as his friends already. "You barely know the guy." came the girl's retort, implying Labramon didn't know what he was talking about. "I know enough." the dog replied raising his head with a smile. There wasn't going to be any winning on this one for the girl it seemed. "Right, right. Well so long as he and Takeru ain't out messing around getting lost everything works out fine." she said. Labramon seemed happy she agreed with him however hesitantly. He wanted everyone to get along more than anything. As they continued walking through the foliage Eileen was careful about moving things aside slowly so as to not potentially whack Yurika in the face with something and Labramon did much the same.

As they continued on Eileen thought she heard what sounded like two people talking. "Think we've caught up finally Yurika." she said to the other girl as they began closing in on Dracomon and Takeru. The duo must have heard them coming for when Eileen pushed through the last bit of flora in her way the boy and his dragon were already facing her direction. A relieved look flashed across Eileen's face before it was replaced with mild irritation.

"About time we found you!" she forcefully exclaimed to them. Labramon got up on his hind legs as the planet life was a bit less dense here. He took note of the clearing off in the distance and was soon preoccupied staring at it curiously. Eileen took note of Takeru's device in Dracomans hand. "To be honest, I'm impressed you didn't get lost with the lizard navigating." she snarked playfully. Labramon might have called her out on trying to pick a fight had he not been so busy looking off at their destination. Looking to her partner Eileen noticed the fixation and looked off herself to see what was in the distance. "Looks like we're on the right track after all. Let's all go together then eh?"

x393wz.jpg

JvusoWB.jpgbMLjU0W.jpg

yrbtskk.png

"God...why won't this thing stop beeping already?!  I'm going as fast as I can!" a young teen cried, frustrated.  In his hands, he held his D-cipher, the thing that had brought him to the digital world in the first place.  His breathing was rough and heavy, and sweat dripped down his brow.  Ever since he got here, there was a constant beep that rang from this D-Cipher, and it was getting on his last nerve.  He would've thrown it away by now, but that thing just kept fetching it and bringing it back to his feet.  "What a bother..."  It was like a game of Hot and Cold.  If they were going the right way, the beeps would become more frequent, but stray too far away and they almost stopped all together.  He had gotten ahead of the other two he met up with, on account that the D-Cipher was now beeping as frequently as it had been.  

He cleared away some digital brush in front of him to reveal a much different landscape, that of like a desert.  From behind him, something tripped and fell on it's face.  The mixture of what looked to be a cat and dog, with long floppy ears and big buggy eyes.

"Oof!"  It said as it's face landed on the soft ground.  "Why'd you stop so suddenly Hayden?  I fell over myself!  At least give a girl some decent warning!  Hmph!"  The Salamon pouted a bit, and turned away to face the other direction with her eyes closed.  "Just because you're my Tamer doesn't mean you get to trip me up whenever you like mister!"  The boy said nothing, as what he was looking at...well how could he put it?  Hayden really couldn't comprehend what he was seeing in all honesty.  Across the way, in the dryer lands, looked to be a post-war scene.  But past all of the smoke and destruction, was a large pyramid.  

"If I had to take a gamble...I'd say that's our ticket right there, Hope."  

The Salamon finally opened her eyes to see the pyramid.  

"What makes you say that?"  She questioned.  Hayden proceeded to shake his head in disbelief, and continue forwards.  Maybe the beeping and the booping would finally stop.

47QkSmi.jpg?1ac4zx64.jpg

Kwpe2jr.png

-BGM-

"So remind me again...why we have this guy spearheading this trek?" a young man, wearing a fedora and and complementing black vest and tie with his white dress shirt's sleeves rolled up past the elbow. He rolled his caramel colored eyes from under his fedora, before having them fall down in a gaze towards a green creature with blond hair, carrying with him a huge club. "I mean, this isn't the best idea out there, Guan..."

"Simple...he's the one who just started walking this direction." Guan, a Shamanmon, spoke with a shrug. "I suppose it's what you humans call, following the leader? Or is it the blind following the blind...which one is it Jay?"

Jason slowly put his hands in his pockets, before shrugging. "No earthly idea. What's more...him and his lil...Salamon you said it was, right?" he asked, seeing Guan nod. "Yeah. He seems to be trying to keep us in the dust." Looking up ahead, he could see Hayden and his Salamon heading towards this strange pyramid...not showing any signs of stopping. "Per l'amor di Dio1..."

With a heavy sigh, Jason shouted. "HEY! Could you try not to leave us all behind? And do you even know where your going with that thing?"

"Hehe...what are you saying you could navigate better?"

"Don't put words in my mouth, Guan..." Jason frowned, looking over at Guan, who just seemed to shrug with a smile. "At any rate, I guess we better pick up the pace. Though I'm hoping Morgan and her...bunny can catch up."

"Cutemon. It's called a Cutemon, Jay." Guan responded, only to see Jason shake his head in a defeated manner.

[spoiler=Italian Translations]

1 - For the love of God

MGDygSf.png

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"RRRRRRRRAAAAAAGH!" In the jungle the group had found themselves in, under the storming clouds and jungle leaves, one girl cried out in anger and threw her D-Cipher with all her might at the nearest tree. "HOW DO I SHUT THIS THING UP!?"

"Woah woah calm down there partner, what's wrong?" Trotting across the wet ground was this girl's companion for the duration of her adventure, a small pink rabbit made its way to the fallen D-Cipher and picked it up. Cutemon. Or, as Morgan had come to call her...

"Dammit Bunny you know what's wrong! It's raining, I'm soaked, that D-Cipher won't stop beeping, and you said there was more than just three humans with these things! Were your security geniuses not bright enough to think about a mute feature on these stupid things!? Or to make sure we'd all get here in one group!?"

"Hey settle down and--"

"WHY SHOULD I SETTLE DOWN WHEN--"

SPLASH! A large leaf overhead, full of water from the rain, grew too heavy to support itself. As it bent down under the weight, its contents were dumped onto anything unfortunate enough to be directly below the leaf. In this case, Morgan. The sudden assault of water seemed to quiet her up right quick, as she just stood there for a short moment confused, before looking up. The leaf. An idea was blossoming in Morgan's head. The girl gripped the tree housing the large leaf with all her strength, eliciting a gasp of surprise from her partner.

"I get you're mad, but wrestling a tree won't do you any good! They're super-good wrestlers! I tried to fight one once and it broke all my bones before running away!"

"I'm not wrestling it," Morgan seethed through clenched teeth. "I want that leaf to use as an umbrella."

"Ooh, that's a great idea! I bet you invented something really coo--"

"Stop talking!" Morgan exclaimed. That D-Cipher still hasn't stopped beeping. Bunny has it and I need to ditch it, therefore her. "Say, Bunny."

"Yeah?"

"I heard Hayden's hiding hot dogs from everyone for himself and his dog, go ahead of me and find out if it's true. He might give you some if you find out, like a bribe so you don't rat him out." That was all a lie, of course. Not that she expected Bunny to realize that.

"You got it, boss! And it's called a Salamon!" And thus, the Cutemon was off, determined to find Hayden and figure out any truth behind Morgan's unreasonable accusation. As the beeping of the D-Cipher still in her hands grew fainter, Morgan felt a wave of relief over her body looking at Bunny as she started moving away from the human of the pair. Now she could focus on getting her own goals finished in peace, then catch up and explain her situation.

If those boys think I'm sharing this leaf with them, they've lost their minds. And thus further up the tree Morgan went...

iU8EggM.png

"At any rate, I guess we better pick up the pace. Though I'm hoping Morgan and her...bunny can catch up."

"Cutemon. It's called a Cutemon, Jay."

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"He's right I'm a Cutemon she's just calling me Bunny!" Bunny agreed as she darted past the pair of Jason and Guan.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not long after she passed the two, the pair would be met with Morgan herself, carrying the leaf she'd climbed for over her head like a makeshift umbrella to keep...well, at least to keep less soaked. "If I catch a cold from this rain, would one of you remind me whenever we meet the guy in charge of this whole D-Cipher plan to kick his teeth in? A little warning would have been nice before we all got thrown in here."

Meanwhile, up ahead with the pair of Hayden and Hope, a third figure - small and pink - would be joining them at the edge of the jungle. "Hey," she called out. "What's this I hear about you hiding away some hot dogs and not sharing?"

"Jesus funking Christ it is hot..." Yurika Isshuin sighed flicking open her fan. Despite her revealing clothing, the heat of the jungle was starting to get to the young woman, and she was sweating quite profusely. Yurika could only silently thank whatever god ruled this god-forsaken digital world that none of her companions would notice thanks to the rain.

"Language, Yurika. A proper lady does not use such foul language." Next to the young woman a small rabbit-like creature, Lunamon, floated several inches off the ground. Even in the hot, muggy conditions, their small party had been trekking through Lunamon kept perfect composure. 

"Words are just words Lunamon... besides I'm not a proper lady anyhow..." Yurika replied too tired to retort with her usual vigor, well thank and Lunamon's proper lady comment had cut a little deeper than the digital creature knew. "Besides we've been walking for... for, like, ever. And it's really funking hot. And it's funking rainy. And my shoes are all funking wet. And my funking feet funking hurt." Yurika was beginning to become increasingly whinier, and was now making liberal use of expletives just to get on her partner's nerves.

"How childish of you. I will not dignify that with a response." Lunamon shook her. She could not believe that she'd been stuck with such an impudent partner. Now a proper lady like Eileen would suit her much better! 

An awkward silence settled between the two only being broken when Eileen turned to speak to them.

"Think we've caught up finally Yurika."

"Oh, thank god. I was starting to worry we'd lost the two of them..." Yurika said breathing a sigh of relief. Pushing through the brush Yurika threaded her arm through Takeru's own with a scowl. "Ta-kun don't run off so far ahead. You left little old me with Lunamon back there, and you wouldn't believe how rude she was being." From behind Lunamon frowned. It appeared her partner was going to be as petty as possible. 

"To be honest, I'm impressed you didn't get lost with the lizard navigating."

"Now, Eileen that's not quite fair. Dracomon has been quite reliable in at least getting us this far," Lunamon said with a frown. It seemed that tensions between her and her partner were not the only ones starting to get heated. She supposed she couldn't blame them. These were only children, and they had been thrust into a quite unfamiliar situation with very little indication of what to actually do. 

"Looks like we're on the right track after all. Let's all go together then eh?"

Eileen's words drew the group's head toward she what was looking at; a large pyramid looming not so far off in the distance.

"Hmm... You don't suppose that's where these damn things have been trying to take us do you?" Yurika said finally brandishing her own D-Cipher having stored it away to at least somewhat muffle the incessant beeping.

"Yes, I believe that's exactly where we're supposed to be," Lunamon replied to her partner, "Well come along everyone. I don't think any of us want to spend anymore time than we have to in this jungle."

"Amen to that," Yurika muttered unthreading herself from Takeru, and walking towards the pyramid. 

DZaEv47.png

"About time we found you!"

Eileen and Labramon were the first pair though the brush, which produced equal (and quite opposite) reactions from Takeru and Dracomon. While Dracomon simply let out a "Hmph.", crossing his arms and tilting his head upwards to acknowledge their arrival, Takeru became immediately and noticeably flustered, his face reddening and whatever composure he had had a moment ago rapidly eroding.

Before the conversation could actually begin though, Yurika and Lunamon appeared, with Yurika promptly making her way over to Takeru and wrapping her arm around his. Of course, this only made him more uncomfortable. "Ta-kun don't run off so far ahead. You left little old me with Lunamon back there, and you wouldn't believe how rude she was being."

"Y-you guys were looking for us?" At this point, Takeru was only able to hold eye contact with Eileen for a moment before he felt compelled to look elsewhere, embarrassed. "Sorry about that... And how many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?" He intentionally ignored her comment about Lunamon, knowing full well based on the little rabbit's facial expression that Yurika was simply being difficult. Eileen spoke next.

"To be honest, I'm impressed you didn't get lost with the lizard navigating."

Takeru's face got ever-so-slightly more pink, but before he could respond, Lunamon, with her dainty, proper-sounding diction, spoke up. "Now, Eileen that's not quite fair. Dracomon has been quite reliable in at least getting us this far,".

"Y-yeah, we found our way just fine... you know."

"That's right! No need to worry, Miss Eileen." Dracomon chimed in, giving Takeru a playful elbow to the ribs, for reasons only the two of them were likely aware of. "Takeru and I are perfectly capable of finding our own way, and I'll have you know that this lizard's navigational skills are impeccable!"

Eileen didn't seem to take much notice though. Instead she (as well as Labramon) was fixated on the clearing that the group's digivices seemed to be leading to. "Looks like we're on the right track after all. Let's all go together then eh?"

"Yes, Lets." Dracomon tossed the digivice back to his partner, who almost dropped it in the midst of pulling himself away from Yurika, and, as he was wont to do, took the lead as the group made their way forward.

---

Unfortunately, the scene that greeted the group was less than pleasant. The clearing was in fact, not a clearing, but seemingly a whole different locale. The dense jungle foliage had been replaced with a soft, yellow-green layer of short grass, which was littered with smoldering craters and innumerable fragments of machinery, some of which Dracomon was quickly able to identify as coming from various models of machine digimon. Not only that, but the jungle weather seemed to dissipate the second one stepped into the field, being replaced instantaneously by a cool, dry breeze. Most striking by far, however, was the massive pyramid that stood before them, with a satellite dish and a damaged antenna assembly sticking out of the top.

All at once, every D-Cipher ceased beeping and let out a single, pleasant note. As if to further confirm that they had indeed arrived at their destination, the words 'WELCOME!" flashed across all of the screens in large, bright letters. "Looks like we're here, guys."

"Obviously... but this looks bad." Dracomon replied, rolling over the remnants of a metalgreymon's trident arm with his foot. "They had a pretty big fight here. I doubt anyone's waiting for us." He looked deflated, the realization that they were all still on their own having dampened his spirits.

"So what should we do?"

"Lets have a look around before we come to any conclusions. Maybe we'll get lucky." He turned back to the girls and Labramon. "We should all stick close, just in case."

JvusoWB.jpgbMLjU0W.jpg

yrbtskk.png

"HEY! Could you try not to leave us all behind? And do you even know where your going with that thing?"

Hayden looked behind him with a dreary look, almost looking past the person making the noise.  

"Well Google Maps isn't working in this place...so I'm not really headed anywhere in particular."  He then stuck his foot out towards hope and groaned.  "And these things don't even know where to head either...and they are the only ones we've met around this place."

"HEY!"  Hope pouted, puffing out a cheek, "The pyramid thingy is right there!  I knew where I was going all along!"  She pointed her nose to the sky while turning around, boldly stepping into the grassy terrain that led up to the pyramid.  It was then they were joined by the loud mouth of the group, along with her partner.

"If I catch a cold from this rain, would one of you remind me whenever we meet the guy in charge of this whole D-Cipher plan to kick his teeth in? A little warning would have been nice before we all got thrown in here."

Hayden let loose another sigh.  

"I don't think you understand...whatever brought us here probably won't take to kindly to being kicked in the teeth...let alone the fact that it might be some sort of god within this place."  He then looked to Salamon, who gave Hayden a slight smile, with her nubby tail wagging from behind.  She wasn't pouting anymore, so it looked like her mood had improved.  Hayden couldn't help but smile back.  When his gloomy look returned, he looked to Morgan.  "I doubt it will have teeth anyway..."

His D-Cipher finally rang out.  A large text crawled across the screen reading, 'Welcome'.  

"Where's the red carpet?"  Hayden droned.  He started walking across the field towards the Pyramid.

"You're looking for carpet in the jungle?  Human's are weird..." Hope followed behind closely, looking at the decimation among the plains.  

47QkSmi.jpg?1ac4zx64.jpg

Kwpe2jr.png

"Well Google Maps isn't working in this place...so I'm not really headed anywhere in particular. And these things don't even know where to head either...and they are the only ones we've met around this place."

Jason sighed, shaking his head at Hayden. "Stiiiiiill doesn't mean you have to be running like a chicken with your head cut off, amico1..." he muttered, only to see Morgan, who had a leaf above her head as an umbrella walk by.

"If I catch a cold from this rain, would one of you remind me whenever we meet the guy in charge of this whole D-Cipher plan to kick his teeth in? A little warning would have been nice before we all got thrown in here."

"I don't think you understand...whatever brought us here probably won't take to kindly to being kicked in the teeth...let alone the fact that it might be some sort of god within this place. I doubt it will have teeth anyway..."

Guan rolled his eyes a bit and looked over at Jason. "Is it even worth getting into this conversation, Jay?"

"Not if you value life, Guan." Jason shook his head, before shrugging. "Then again..." he paused mid sentence before continuing. "It might have teeth...I mean, if whoever brought us here is anything like our...Digi-man..."

"We've been over this Jay...MON...it's DigiMON!!" Guan sighed heavily.

"Yeah that's it. I mean, if they're anything like the Digimon, then maaaaaaybe...just maybe." Jason shrugged, continuing to follow after the group as they walked towards the pyramid. "And...I'm just going to throw this out here...I understand that these D-Ciphers were leading us here...buuuuuut why exactly?"

"Who knows." Guan shrugged, before throwing his hands behind his head. "Maybe it's the welcoming party!" he suggested.

"...were you just being sarcastic with me??"

[spoiler=Italian Translations]

1 - friend

x393wz.jpg

o8easi.png2l92kwn.jpg

x393wz.jpg

Between Labramon, Lunamon and Dracomon himself it seemed no one understood a joke when they heard one. They all seemed rather confident in the lizard's abilities. Eileen did her best to brush it off rather than try and continue picking a fight. Labramon would just get in the middle of it trying to get her to back down, and she didn't particularly feel like putting them all through the trouble of it. The group now together they all made way toward the clearing. The plant life seemed to abruptly shift from dense jungle to grassy meadow as they did so. As they looked around craters and bits of metal littered the ground.

"What could have happened here?" Eileen said quietly while taking in the situation in front of her. Labramon whimpered softly himself but the sight of the pyramid helped to distract the duo some as well too. A mixture of awe and apprehension took hold of both of them. As if to interrupt the moment the device Eileen had arrived with suddenly stopped beeping only to let out a single tone in unison with those that Takeru and Yurika held. The word welcome flashed across the screens confirming this was their destination. Takeru and Dracomon voiced the thought, the latter commenting on the scale of the battle that must have occurred to leave the area in its current state. The young woman had a lot of thoughts running around her head and almost missed Dracomon's invitation to look around while sticking together. Labramon tugged at her pantleg which snapped her back into focus as the two started moving forward with the others.

As they moved about the area Labramon had his nose glued to the ground. He then alternated between raising his head into the air and sniffing and continuing to track something on the ground. "What are ye up to there pup?" Eileen inquired as she bent over to look down at the dog. She was admittedly amused with how cute her partner looked doing all of this. Without turning away from his work he responded. "I'm smelling something. I think there's something or someone not too far away. No idea what, but be careful anyway." he said responding to his partner but also addressing the rest of the group. Eileen took to looking off in the distance in all directions to see if she couldn't make out something like what Labramon was talking about.

"I'm not seein' anything Labby. Are you sure?" she said after a few scans of the area. The dog nodded quickly and continued sniffing around, wandering about in seemingly random directions to track whatever he was smelling. "Maybe on the other side of the pyramid? We could go check it out." she said to Takeru and Yurika in particular.

x393wz.jpg

MGDygSf.png

"I don't think you understand...whatever brought us here probably won't take to kindly to being kicked in the teeth...let alone the fact that it might be some sort of god within this place. I doubt it will have teeth anyway..."

"Then again... It might have teeth...I mean, if whoever brought us here is anything like our...Digi-man..."

"It's a figure of speech," Morgan sighed. "But I'm hitting them when we meet the genius that dropped us in the middle of a jungle without any warning." At least that infernal beeping had finally stopped. And the two found themselves at the edge of the jungle, too. Up ahead was...a pyramid? As Morgan stepped onto the field, she was met with a cool, refreshing breeze. The rain had also stopped. Talk about a relief, but something clearly had happened here. Something big. However, that pyramid was the destination, and Morgan was getting to it. Discarding the leaf that got barely any use - go figure - as she properly set foot into the plains before her, Morgan looked at the boys, then the pyramid.

"We may as well race to see who gets there first. Though...is it fair for me to race the two of you? You should deserve a fighting chance right?"

"...hey, what about me!?"

"Holy hell..." Yurika's comment came out as barely a whisper as she took in the scene around her. Fully stepping into the clearing Yurika's scanned the area for anything, anyone, that could be described as alive. Walking closer to some of the scraps of metal that lay strewn across the field Yurika noticed there seemed to be something almost organic about it as if it had come from some kind of living being. Could these have been the remains of other Digimon? 

"What could have happened here?

"Well that's the million dollar question, ain't it sister..." Yurika replied. "Lunamon do you have any clue what could've happened here?"

"..." the rabbit Digimon remained silent as she took in the scene. 

"Lunamon," Yurika repeated, this time somewhat louder.

"Mm?" Lunamon finally acknowledged her partner as though coming out of a trance. "Yurika, if you going to continue to harass me-"

Yurika held up her hand cutting off her partner. "Listen I'm sorry for earlier, but I was actually trying to ask you a question. Do you have any idea what could've happened here?"

Again Lunamon was silent for a few moments before responding. "...my village. It's just like what happened to my village."

"Oh... I'm sorry." Yurika shifted uncomfortably.

"It's fine, we should probably make sure we don't stray too far from the others."

"Yeah..."

"I'm smelling something. I think there's something or someone not too far away. No idea what, but be careful anyway."

Yurika and Lunamon were instantly on guard at that comment. 

"I'm not seein' anything Labby. Are you sure?" she said after a few scans of the area. The dog nodded quickly and continued sniffing around, wandering about in seemingly random directions to track whatever he was smelling. "Maybe on the other side of the pyramid? We could go check it out." she said to Takeru and Yurika in particular.

"I guess, but we should stick together just in case whatever did all this is still around." Yurika replied.

• 1 month later...

While the Digidestined and their partners made their way toward the pyramid, a lone figure finished his ascent to the top. Far below, he could make out the shapes of the humans and the rookie digimon. The sight brought a wide, toothy smile to his face, his first in ages, it seemed. Success had a sweet taste to it, and the scene below caused warm, youthful memories to stir within him. Still, he knew that there was little time to savor the moment. If he had been able to locate them, then surely they would also soon be aware of the humans' presence, if they weren't already. Time was of the essence.

DZaEv47.png

"I dunno guys, staying out here in the open like this just.... gives me a bad vibe." Was Takeru's wobbly response to Eileen's suggestion. Dracomon shot him a look, but he payed it little attention. He wasn't scared (much), rather it was a gut feeling that told him staying outside wasn't the best of ideas. Maybe it was the rubble that did it.

"We can go inside as soon as we assess the situation Takeru, relax. You've got me here, after all."

"That's part of what worries me."  Humor at Dracomon's expense. That was quite the rarity. Despite his misgivings though, Takeru followed as the six of them made their way toward the other side of the pyramid. As they approached the corner, the faint echoes of approaching voices could be heard. Perhaps their owners were the source of Labramon's scent trail? "Dracomon, do you-"

"Yup, I hear them too. They kind of sound like you three, actually."

"Like..... humans? You can tell the difference?" Before Dracomon could respond though, the group rounded the corner, and, plain as day, running toward them, was a human girl, followed by a digimon. Behind her Takeru could make out another two bodies, each accompanied by a figure roughly proportional to the rookie digimon beside him. New, probably friendly faces! He beamed, and his fatigue seemed to melt away as the excitement built. Dracomon too, knew what the sight of more humans meant, perhaps more clearly than Takeru or the girls did. Allies.

"Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!"

"Greetings, Digidestined!"

dYLHM2i.png

Between Morgan and Dracomon landed a reptilian digimon, about the same size as the other rookies, wearing a bright red cloak adorned with a pair of worn goggles. Having lept off the top of the pyramid, he came down with quite a loud thud, putting a small dent in the earth below him. Despite the force though, he landed upright, as if he had simply strolled into the clearing from ground level. Dracomon reflexively put up his guard, but a raised claw from the newcomer indicated that he meant them no harm

"While I would love to partake in introductions, I believe it would be best if all of you came with me. It is not safe here."

x393wz.jpg

o8easi.png2l92kwn.jpg

x393wz.jpg

Labramon kept his nose close to the ground and dutifully sniffed out what he had caught wind of. He stayed close by but lead the group forward. As they progressed Dracomon and Takeru began talking between themselves. They were able to hear something which must have been what Labramon was smelling. The little reptile stated them to likely be humans and the very idea excited Eileen. She excitedly joined Takeru in calling out to the three new comers across the way and hastened her pace to go meet them. Labramon lifted his head up and reacted more to Eileen's energy than the presence of new people and began running circles around his partner as she moved forward.

But the happy moment was cut short, as before the two groups could get a chance to meet another digimon abruptly appeared from overhead. Eileen jumped back in fright causing Labramon to take a defensive position in front of her, facing the new arrival. He was growling softly as Eileen got a better look at the strange new creature. It was some sort of white reptile? Whatever it was it didn't look very cute or huggable, qualities the girl admired in her partner. He insisted the group come with them as the current area was not safe.

"S-so you're on our side is what yer saying I take it?" she said having regained her composure. She took a step forward only for Labramon to move in front of her foot. "What's up with you?" she asked. "Even if you trust him just stay behind me alright?" the dog replied not taking his eyes off of the newcomer. With a sigh the girl conceded then turned back to the others. "Let's get a move on then yeah?" she said raising her voice enough to be sure everyone could hear her. "We can talk inside, can't wait to talk to you guys!" she said excitedly to the three other humans that had arrived. "Since you're so insistent, lead the way Labby." The dog nodded and began moving toward Hackmon with Eileen right behind him.

x393wz.jpg

JvusoWB.jpgbMLjU0W.jpg

yrbtskk.png

The group of three, led close by their individual partners, rounded the corner of the pyramid, only to be greeted by a similar group of teenagers that looked about their age.  Hayden couldn't help but be taken aback by the sudden appearance of more kids in this crazy place.  It would've been more convenient if they all had just been transported to the same place together...that way they could've avoided all of this sudden shock.  Almost as with her tamer, Hope suddenly let loose a squeak, probably in the same sort of shock that Hayden was experiencing.  Then from out of nowhere, one of them decided to shout at the group.  His digital monster was a dragon...much cooler than his dog-cat thing.

"Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!"

"Well...aren't you just a little ray of sunshine?"  Hayden finally spoke, dryly.  "I can tell we're going to get along just great..."  He followed up with a nonchalant, but sarcastic, tone.  

"Just like me and you Hayden!"  Hope smiled up to her tamer.  Hayden let a crooked smile try to appear across his face...it was almost painful.

"Y-yeah...of course."  

The other two were both girls, accompanied by a plain looking dog, and little white blob rabbit respectively.  If one more new monster arrived on the scene, Hayden would probably faint from mental exhaustion.  That's when another reptilian monster, adorned by a tattered cape, appeared from out of nowhere.  Hayden simultaneously collapsed to his knees, once the dust had settled.  Beneath the little caped monster, it had created a concave surface, due to the impact of it's landing.  The little dude appeared to be super strong.  Were they all like him?  

"While I would love to partake in introductions, I believe it would be best if all of you came with me. It is not safe here."

Good idea.  All this information, clamoring against the innards of his skull, was about to overload him.  

"We can talk inside, can't wait to talk to you guys!"

The redhead from the other group was the first to go inside the pyramid.  Hayden was hesitant, but he followed in her stead, his head rocking from side to side along with the rhythm of his stride.  Hope followed close behind Hayden, hiding in between her legs, almost shaking.  

"What's gotten you all shook up?"  He asked.

"I-I-I-I...I don't like dogs..."  She whimpered.  Hayden shook his head.  Was it even a real dog?  Was Hope actually a cat?  So many questions adding to the storm in his brain.  However, he picked up the shaking animal, just like he would a lone cat on the street on his way home from school.  He pet her atop the head, prompting Hope to get a tad embarrassed.  

"You're pathetic...we need to get you a cape."

"Y-Yeah.."

ytIYDlA.png

After issuing her challenge to a race, Morgan - in perfectly Morgan fashion - sprinted off, bound for the pyramid up ahead. It was a race, she'd issued the challenge, and so she had to win. Whether the other two didn't hear her or just didn't care was irrelevant; Morgan was getting there first. And sure enough, she had indeed gotten there first, followed closely by a panting Bunny who was clearly grasping at straws for breath.

"You don't have to go so fast," Bunny panted. Her ears picked up the sound of a human. A human besides Morgan. That must have been the other Digidestined. "We still--"

As Morgan made her way around a corner to be met with other humans, a Digimon leapt down from atop the pyramid, denting the earth and creating quite the thudding sound where he landed. She didn't even get the chance to return the boy's greeting. Talk about a hasty introduction.

Bunny seemed willing to keep her mouth shut, perhaps due to the glance Morgan had cast in her direction or otherwise just being at a loss for words. That's a weight off my back. I don't want her botching this. As the mystery Digimon - followed by another redheaded girl who apparently couldn't wait to get to know everyone, and then Hayden and Hope - went inside, Morgan followed, with Bunny in tow of course. As she stepped inside, Morgan held up her D-Cipher, and pointed to it with the other hand. There was one important question she had to get out of the way before anything else.

"Hey Goggles, did you send us these things?"

47QkSmi.jpg?1ac4zx64.jpg

Kwpe2jr.png

"Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!"

Fantastic. Jason saw what seemed to be a couple more humans, each paired with a Digimon as well as some badass looking Digimon with a cape and goggles that jumped from the pyramid were apparently waiting for them.

"Wow...take a look at that guy, Guan." Jason said, with a huge smirk as he looked at the metal looking Digimon and then at Guan. "Now why can't you look that badass?"

"Don't start with me, Jay...I have a club that I'm not afraid of using..." Guan said sternly, holding up the club.

"....Message received."

Probably the best idea. Answers would definitely be had soon, least he was hoping so. One by one, the humans and their Digimon entered the pyramid, with Jason and Guan following after Morgan and Bunny.

Well she's already started 20 questions...again... Jason thought, shrugging as he threw his hands into his pockets. All the while...he thought on how Guan would look with a cape...

"Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyy!"

"Ta-" Yurika cut herself off as she saw what Takeru was waving at. Three more humans. "Well... who woulda thunk it."

"Yes, a most unexpected, but not unwelcome development," Lunamon replied noticing that the new humans also had Digimon partners of their own. "More allies is definitely a fortuitous turn of events. Well, why don't we go greet them!" Lunamon slowly began to float over the other group of allies, however...

Landing between the two groups the reptilian Digimon startled both Lunamon and Yurika who both screamed the former jumping into her Partner's arms. 

"Yeah well, woulda been nice if you could've given us a little warning first..." Yurika muttered flicking out her fan giving the newcomer the maddest of side-eyes. 

"I concur," Lunamon added indignantly, "such behavior is quite unbecoming." Folding her arms across her chest Lunamon floated gently back down to the ground. "Now if you don't mind would you please explain yourself."

• 4 weeks later...

dYLHM2i.png

DZaEv47.png

The new digimon let out a small chuckle and cracked a smile, evidently finding Morgan's question humorous. "You could say that I had a hand in it, yes. The one directly responsible for giving you those digivices... could not be here to greet you. I have come in his stead." The smile left his face just as quickly as it had appeared.The next person he addressed was Lunamon, looking over his shoulder. "I promise you that I will explain further once we are safe inside. You may not be aware of it, but you are all being watched. Come along. Now." Without another word, he leapt off the ground again, this time landing a third of the way up the pyramid. Behind him, a hidden doorway opened, and he beckoned them to enter.

"I guess we'd better follow him. C'mon guys." Dracomon, followed closely by his partner, made his way over to the structure and began climbing the steps.

---

After the entire party had made their way inside, and the door had been closed behind them, the group began to travel down the pyramid's narrow hallways, seemingly spiraling their way downward and deeper inside its mass. Though it came as no shock to the digimon present, the humans would probably have been surprised by the strange mixture of stonework, steel plating, pipes, and circuitry that lined the halls in seemingly no uniform pattern. It all seemed to hum softly, indicating some kind of power current still ran through it, though much of the pyramid appeared to have suffered some damage. At last, they arrived at a rather spacious room. Along its walls were several computer monitors, a few of them still flickering. Its interior, which was mostly digicode-inscribed stonework, played host to several mechanical contraptions, most of which none of the digidestined or their partners would be able to recognize, though they seemed to play some role in keeping what was left of the pyramid functioning. It was here that the caped digimon stopped, and at last turned to them.

"We should be safe in here, for the time being. Now, as I promised: an introduction. You may call me Hackmon..." He paused a moment, looking over the six digidestined and their partner digimon. "And once, long ago, I was in the same position you now find yourselves in."

"You're one of them?" Dracomon asked, suddenly and obviously starstruck.

"Dude, who's 'them'?" Takeru asked, though it was Hackmon who answered his question.

"The original seven partner digimon. Once upon a time, with the help of human children like you, we saved the world, just as you must now do. That is why you've been brought here."

Takeru's eyes widened. Dracomon had talked about something like this plenty of times, but until now he hadn't had much reason to believe him.  Now, it appeared that Dracomon was correct, and the weight that realization carried hit the young man all at once.

x393wz.jpg

o8easi.png2l92kwn.jpg

x393wz.jpg

The strange newcomer stated he had been involved in getting the "digivices" as he had called them to Eileen and the others. Finally, somebody with some answers. Eileen was ready to have everything ever explained to her, hopefully with a way home attached. Labramon however focused solely on the warning that they were being watched. He continually looked about every which way while staying close to his partner's side. He wasn't about to let whatever was watching them hurt his friend. The extra caution proved mostly unnecessary as the two stepped inside of the pyramid structure with the others.

The inside of the building was strange to Eileen. Whoever the architect was he either was an artistic genius beyond the girl's scope of understanding, or he was a loon who couldn't stay focused. Mix stone, pipes, electronics and whatever other materials you like, but this felt more like flicking a dozen or so paintbrushes at a wall. Still it was something to see and the girl's eyes stayed wide as they moved.

Hackmon, as he introduced himself, stated this would be a safe location for now. With this introduction came the statement that he was one of the original seven partner digimon who with humans like themselves had once saved the world. Eileen thought she could recall Dracomon having ranted about something like it once or twice but otherwise was confused. Labramon didn't know anything of these stories and was more interested in the fact humans had been in the digital world before. But something else became Eileen's focus.

"Woah woah woah, hold on a minute there. Save the world?! What is this, some cartoon? I was just lookin' for a way back home, dont go givin' me some sorta heroic quest or nothing! And you don't look much like a world saver if you ask me." the gril replied, her temper clearly building at a fast rate. Labramon tugged at his partner's pant leg hoping to get her attention and calm her down some which seemed to be helping slightly. "C'mon, just listen a little bit." he said which did a little more to calm her down. The girl looked at her partner then to the other humans there, including the three new ones she'd barely gotten a chance to talk to before Hackmon's arrival. She let out a irritated sigh. "Alright, alright. You win again pup." she said patting her partner's head. He seemed to really enjoy that. "So, Hackmon. Assuming we're all up for being super heros and what not, the hell are we supposed to be doin' now?"

x393wz.jpg

ytIYDlA.png

"We should be safe in here, for the time being. Now, as I promised: an introduction. You may call me Hackmon... And once, long ago, I was in the same position you now find yourselves in."

"You're one of them?"

"Dude, who's 'them'?"

"The original seven partner digimon. Once upon a time, with the help of human children like you, we saved the world, just as you must now do. That is why you've been brought here."

Save the world, is it? And you couldn't think to ask us first!? Morgan opened up her mouth to tell this Hackmon character exactly what she thought about this sudden mission she'd been given. Before she could tell the thing off, however, another girl did precisely that. Morgan could get used to being around somebody else not afraid to speak her mind like that.

"Woah woah woah, hold on a minute there. Save the world?! What is this, some cartoon? I was just lookin' for a way back home, dont go givin' me some sorta heroic quest or nothing! And you don't look much like a world saver if you ask me."

"She's right!" Morgan agreed, very clearly displeased with the new job Hackmon had in store for her and Bunny, as well as all these other humans and Digimon. "None of us want to save the world; we don't even know if this place is worth the effort of saving it yet! If you want heroes, get somebody who's actually okay with it instead of just kidnapping random people from around the world to do it for you! Why should we trust some old hack that can't even bother to get a girl to consent before throwing her into some life-risking mission, huh!?"

The other girl's Digimon - some kind of dog thing - urged her to settle down and listen a bit. Bunny opened her mouth to do the same, but Morgan kept going. "And for that matter, if you're gonna kidnap people to do your job for you, at least make sure they're all in one group and not in some rainy jungle! And more importantly, make sure to give your superheroes powers they can actually use! Look at this kid!" To signify who "this kid" was, Morgan picked up her own partner and held Bunny in front of her for Hackmon to see clear as day. "Where's the explosions!? The fire!? The power to actually do something!? All I've got is this cute little bunny rabbit that heals people, and I don't do cute or healing."

"Well," Bunny started, not bothering to try and wiggle free from Morgan's grip. "What she's trying to tell you Hackmon is, she wants answers, like right now. She wants them like days ago."

"See, even she gets it. Spill the beans, Goggles, and get me the hell out of here."

JvusoWB.jpgbMLjU0W.jpg

yrbtskk.png

"Once upon a time, with the help of human children like you, we saved the world, just as you must now do. That is why you've been brought here." The little google and caped dinosaur before them spoke with conviction.  However, Hayden couldn't help but yawn, prompting hope to nudge him in the stomach.  Hayden nudged back, softly.  

"Woah woah woah, hold on a minute there. Save the world?! What is this, some cartoon? I was just lookin' for a way back home, dont go givin' me some sorta heroic quest or nothing! And you don't look much like a world saver if you ask me."

"And for that matter, if you're gonna kidnap people to do your job for you, at least make sure they're all in one group and not in some rainy jungle! And more importantly, make sure to give your superheroes powers they can actually use! Look at this kid!  Where's the explosions!? The fire!? The power to actually do something!? All I've got is this cute little bunny rabbit that heals people, and I don't do cute or healing."

"I'm with these broads."  Hayden said, with a thumb point towards the red head.  He then picked up Hope, and started poking her cheek, which reverberated like a squishy, fresh dough.  "You think this thing's gonna save the world?  I mean, I can see how you did it.  Look at that cape!"  Hope bit Hayden's thumb, making him release her as she plopped back onto the ground.  Her cheeks were red, but now the puffed out.  

"I'll have you know that I graduated top of my Lopmon class!"  

"Yeah...but you don't have a cape..."  

dYLHM2i.png

DZaEv47.png

"She's right! None of us want to save the world; we don't even know if this place is worth the effort of saving it yet! If you want heroes, get somebody who's actually okay with it instead of just kidnapping random people from around the world to do it for you! Why should we trust some old hack that can't even bother to get a girl to consent before throwing her into some life-risking mission, huh!? And for that matter, if you're gonna kidnap people to do your job for you, at least make sure they're all in one group and not in some rainy jungle! And more importantly, make sure to give your superheroes powers they can actually use! Look at this kid!  Where's the explosions!? The fire!? The power to actually do something!? All I've got is this cute little bunny rabbit that heals people, and I don't do cute or healing."

The girls' comments made Hackmon smile a wide, toothy grin. They reminded him of his old companions' first reactions to their situation. He knew what was coming next, too, only this time he would be the one giving the demonstration. It looked like one of the boys wanted to speak up though, and so he elected to wait and take in the moment for a bit longer.

"I'm with these broads. You think this thing's gonna save the world?  I mean, I can see how you did it.  Look at that cape!"

Ok, that part was new... and kind of flattering. Cutemon was next.

"Well, What she's trying to tell you Hackmon is, she wants answers, like right now. She wants them like days ago."

"See, even she gets it. Spill the beans, Goggles, and get me the hell out of here."

Right about now seemed like an appropriate time to throw them all for a loop. "We digimon are more than we appear at first glance, Morgan." He began to walk toward the far wall as he spoke, putting emphasis on her name both for the sake of the other humans, and to hammer in the point that he knew it despite having never been told what it was. "You and Cutemon haven't become partners by accident, you know. The same goes for you and Labramon, Eileen. As does it for the rest of you. The digivices you carry are proof of that."

"But wait, didn't you just say that you were the ones who sent them to us?" Takeru chimed in. "How are they proof of anything if you engineered this whole situation?"

"Geez! Can't you all just let him talk?!" said Dracomon, who was starting to become annoyed. Hackmon turned back around and raised another claw at him, which got the little dragon to settle down for the moment.

"Astute question Takeru. You see, those D-C's- the digivices you hold, are password protected. Each one of them is inscribed with a special message, or cipher, if you will." Takeru reflexively looked down at his own digivice, and the characters that were carved into it around the screen. Though they resembled no language he'd ever seen, he could read them clear as day. They spelled the word "connect". "You can read it, can't you. That digicode is only legible to those with the purity of heart and strength of will necessary to use a digivice. Each of you received a message containing a cipher from the digivice itself, on the network that you humans call the internet. Had you not been able to read it, the D-Ciphers' programming would not have brought you to our world."  Hackmon took a deep breath, then continued. "It was the D-C's themselves who brought you here, and it was those very devices that paired you with your digimon partners. Whether you realize it or not, your destinies are intertwined, and only by working together will you be able to defeat the evil that threatens us all." He paused, then turned back toward Morgan and Bunny. "And should you require further proof.... Fif Slash!"

Without warning, Hackmon lunged at the pair, his claw glowing a blazing red in color. Neither of the two of them had time to react, but luckily, Hackmon pulled his punch, succeeding only in giving Morgan a slight poke and sending them both sliding back a couple of feet. Though everyone present was likely too surprised to notice, the red energy surrounding Hackmon's claw leapt toward Morgan's digivice as he struck her, and was absorbed into it in a split second. "You need only look within yourselves." He then turned to the remaining ten. "Any other questions?"

• 2 weeks later...

Yurika's mouth hit the floor at Hackmon's last comment. It seemed like she wasn't the only one who was having some trouble with this, as both Eileen and the other girl who'd joined their group found the idea to be ridiculous as well.

"She's right! None of us want to save the world; we don't even know if this place is worth the effort of saving it yet! If you want heroes, get somebody who's actually okay with it instead of just kidnapping random people from around the world to do it for you! Why should we trust some old hack that can't even bother to get a girl to consent before throwing her into some life-risking mission, huh!?"

"Yeah! What they said," Yurika added on the tail end of the two girl's comments. "I don't what sheet you got going on here, but it's a helluva lot more than a bunch of teenagers and no offense to them, but you don't seem to have picked the toughest Digimon around, I mean look at Lunamon! She looks like something I would've cuddled with when I was 8, not some badass hero..."

"Yurika, please, Hackmon was a part of the seven that saved this world from calamity, we owe him our respect." Lunamon placed her hand on Yurika's calm urging her partner to calm down. Yurika was about to retort when she noticed that Eileen had similarly calmed down at Labramon's urging, and decided to hear Hackmon out for now. The other redhead, however, was not so inclined to being diplomatic and continued to berate Hackmon.   

"And for that matter, if you're gonna kidnap people to do your job for you, at least make sure they're all in one group and not in some rainy jungle! And more importantly, make sure to give your superheroes powers they can actually use! Look at this kid! Where's the explosions!? The fire!? The power to actually do something!? All I've got is this cute little bunny rabbit that heals people, and I don't do cute or healing."

"Well," the other rabbit-like Digimon began being held in front of her partner. "What she's trying to tell you Hackmon is, she wants answers, like right now. She wants them like days ago."

"Ya know, Lunamon I know you said to give this guy some respect, but honestly this girl is speaking my language."

"We digimon are more than we appear at first glance, Morgan"You and Cutemon haven't become partners by accident, you know. The same goes for you and Labramon, Eileen. As does it for the rest of you. The digivices you carry are proof of that."

"But wait, didn't you just say that you were the ones who sent them to us? How are they proof of anything if you engineered this whole situation?"

"Geez! Can't you all just let him talk?!"

"Ho-hold up... are we just going to ignore that he knew what her name was, or..."

"Astute question Takeru. You see, those D-C's- the digivices you hold, are password protected. Each one of them is inscribed with a special message, or cipher, if you will." It seemed that, at least for now, everyone was going to ignore what Yurika had just said. Yurika decided to look at her own Digivice and its Cipher which read "be true", whatever that meant.  "You can read it, can't you. That digicode is only legible to those with the purity of heart and strength of will necessary to use a digivice. Each of you received a message containing a cipher from the digivice itself, on the network that you humans call the internet. Had you not been able to read it, the D-Ciphers' programming would not have brought you to our world."  Hackmon took a deep breath, then continued. "It was the D-C's themselves who brought you here, and it was those very devices that paired you with your digimon partners. Whether you realize it or not, your destinies are intertwined, and only by working together will you be able to defeat the evil that threatens us all." He paused, then turned back toward Morgan and Bunny. "And should you require further proof.... Fif Slash!"

Hackmon lunged at Morgan and the rabbit digimon only to pull back at the last second leaving the two uninjured, however the act was more than enough to set Yurika off into a rant of her own.

"You need only look within yourselves." He then turned to the remaining ten. "Any other questions?"

"Hell funking yeah I got some questions!" Yurika screamed at Hackmon, "You want us to trust you and then you pull something like that, is your head halfway up your ass Mr. Bigshot Hero!? Attacking one of us and spouting off some philosophical bullshit like that, who the hell do you think you are!? I don't care who you were, but I don't need to put up with this sheet. If you and your fuckin' buddies were so great why don't you go round them up and you fix whatever the hell is going on here, jackass." Yurika turned to the rest of the humans. "Come on guys let's get out of here, we don't need to deal with this."

JvusoWB.jpgbMLjU0W.jpg

yrbtskk.png

As Hackmon went on with his speech, Hayden couldn't help but look at his own...Digivice?  It shone in the light, and reflected in his eyes.  So this is what he was supposed to do now.  However, when the caped Dra-sader lunged at one of the kids, he couldn't help but get into a defensive stance, ready to fight if this had been a trap from the very get-go.  This turned out not to be the case, though, and the girl he poked was only sent skidding back a small distance, the red aura that had been the key note of the attack was absorbed into the girl's own digivice.  Hayden stood there, now relaxed, but stunned.  With clear eyes, he turned to Hope.  She only smiled in return.  Had he accepted this task so easily, because of that fragile little smile?  

"Told ya Hayden!  I'm stronger than I look, you know!"  

"You need only look within yourselves." He then turned to the remaining ten. "Any other questions?"

"Hell funking yeah I got some questions!" One of the newer girls screamed aloud.  Hayden picked up Hope and covered her big floppy ears. "You want us to trust you and then you pull something like that, is your head halfway up your ass Mr. Bigshot Hero!? Attacking one of us and spouting off some philosophical bullshit like that, who the hell do you think you are!? I don't care who you were, but I don't need to put up with this sheet. If you and your fuckin' buddies were so great why don't you go round them up and you fix whatever the hell is going on here, jackass." With a pause, she turned to the rest of them, "Come on guys let's get out of here, we don't need to deal with this."

Hayden had never heard such vulgar language before, and certainly wasn't use to such words.  Not even the biggest bullies in his class had a curse word to regular word ratio as big as this girls.  Hayden could only raise a finger to the girl, glaring at her with his dreary eyes.  

"You...watch your profanity."  He let go of Hope's cupped ears, and put her back down on the floor.  

"H-Hayden!  Warn a girl before you do something like that again!"  Hope said with a blush.  

"Geez...stop acting like a Japanese school girl Hope..."  Hayden turned to Hackmon, and pointed at the girl again.  "Send her back, please.  She obviously was a mistake."  Hayden sighed, before pushing up his bangs, only to let them fall back down again.  "As for my question...what's next?"  

Archived