She might've been champion too if loser brackets weren't here, since she never did lose a regulation match. But yeah, will have to see if the double elimination thing stays around for GPT 9 (or this was just an experimental thing). May have to lower it to 128 again.

As for the logo, fair enough. Doesn't have to be fancy like mine was, as yeah, I did spend a while getting things where I want them in terms of design. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Ampharos!

It is the favorite of a couple of friends so I'm happy with this. I don't really care about the other topping Pokemon xD

Really wanted Quilava to win, he got a lot of support here in YCM that I didn't expect. I would say that the pace of the tournament made it lose its support momentum at one point, but we will never know.

IMO starting with the loser brackets so early is what slowed down everything. I think, for the next time, starting them in later rounds should make things go much more smoothly, and also filter out more Pokemon.

It'll likely be round-robin so all of the champions can get their share of fighting without being sheet on by the RNG, which has a bad reputation for doing such. But yeah, it's a separate tournament on its own; not going to be counted. 

As for the double elimination thing, it took a while, but that's just how it works; otherwise, we'd get Pokemon who lost their matches because RNG was a jabroni and put them in the high stakes rounds early on with no way to jump back. That being said, doing the L bracket right after the normal one allows for remembering the brackets easier (especially if they get big). 

===

Then again, I've already gone over the fact that I have upper division CEE courses to deal with, including 4,000+ word reports and some essays (which are by no means non-time consuming most of the time).

As much as it sucks, yeah, those things do take priority over running this tournament. I would've liked to have gotten this done before 2018 started, but life happens. Please understand that for the future. 

===

But yeah, now that we're finished with this chapter of the GPT, let the champion one begin. 

For reference:

• Flygon
  • Rayquaza
  • Vaporeon
  • Zigzagoon
  • Venusaur
  • Masquerain
  • Torterra
  • Ampharos

=====

Thanks for being patient over the last 14 months, and hopefully things go faster in future installments (but again, I cannot control what happens off this site).

Archived