• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost Raikou in 1-1, but think that's as far as it usually goes. Was a close match for a while though.

Everything else I had in this batch got in, so we're fine. 

Next batch of matches will be posted tomorrow morning (not later in the afternoon today); I have things to take care of. But yeah, the match pairings are already known; just need to make the threads and all. 

Matches 1-17 to 1-32 are up; yes, I said these would be up earlier, but things came up, including dual midterms and other issues. But they're up and ready, so vote on them at your leisure. (Some of the matches do end half an hour later, but that's due to the posting speed)

Also will update the OP with the completed matches and winners; for reference purposes.

I lost Keldeo and Primarina; former would've forced a tie had someone decided to use their second vote (given their vote explanation, albeit it was close). But otherwise, everything else in this batch on my end advanced (and to be very honest, I did worry about Espeon and Latias getting creamed this round in the beginning).

(To be fair though, I did vote for Umbreon, but yes it still got beaten)

Next batch of R1 matches will be up in a day or so; I need to take care of some other stuff (including the Easter egg event; yes, it's happening).

====

That being said, I am still considering whether or not to just open the loser bracket after round 1 finishes and run the standard R2 fights and LL1 (loser bracket 1 fights) concurrently; LL would have their matches in less threads. In a way, this would give nominations that got murdered this round another chance at life (but then it'd also get them killed again if they still have tough competition).

Round 2 normal will still have the 4P thing; loser brackets will probably be twice that much to save thread space (7/8P brackets to deal with the less than 128 'mons that got / will get creamed this round).

I said I would open the loser bracket in round 3-4 after the field is narrowed down enough to be less of a pain, but yeah.

Careful with loser's bracket since we've got this, the Aqua thing, going on at the same time. Too many threads would be a pain.

Anyway of my nominations so far I've lost...

Steenee, Diancie, Cresselia, and Sandshrew

Those that move on for sure...

Lilligant, Wooper, Meloetta, Brionne, Mismagius, Araquanid, and WTF Duck

Damn, didn't want to count, but my nomination list took some hits:

Relicanth

Banette

Tangrowh

Linoone

Anorith

But Pokemon that made it to the next round are...

Gastrodon

Grovyle

Dragalge

Pheromosa

Scolipede

Crawdaunt

Quilava

Bisharp

Wailord

Hey, it's actually not doing too bad xD

Yeah, I know about Polaris's Aqua-Type tournament, though the loser bracket would have multiple polls in one thread to cut down on how many threads I have to make. So probably 2 matches per thread, and they will be 8P (I won't be putting the sprites up in those ones, but poll will be up). Whether or not I do it will be determined after the end of this round,

General tournament stuff will be normal.

Stuff moving on is bolded, strikethrough is eliminated and plain hasn't fought yet/in process of it:

1. Espeon
  2. Latias
  3. Latios
  4. Jolteon
  5. Lucario
  6. Arcanine
  7. Xerneas
  8. Yveltal
  9. Solgaleo
  10. Primarina
  11. Lycanroc-Midday
  12. Keldeo
  13. Raikou
  14. Suicune
  15. Glaceon
  16. Shaymin-Sky
  17. Terrakion
  18. Reshiram
  19. Tapu Koko
  20. Celesteela
  21. Samurott
  22. Sawsbuck
  23. Kartana
  24. Lugia

Three hits so far, but so far, a good chunk of 'mons are going on, including ones I really want to win. Can only see what the next half does to the remainder.

Yeah, I know about Polaris's Aqua-Type tournament, though the loser bracket would have multiple polls in one thread to cut down on how many threads I have to make. So probably 2 matches per thread, and they will be 8P (I won't be putting the sprites up in those ones, but poll will be up). Whether or not I do it will be determined after the end of this round,

General tournament stuff will be normal.

Stuff moving on is bolded, strikethrough is eliminated and plain hasn't fought yet/in process of it:

• Espeon
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Jolteon
  • Lucario
  • Arcanine
  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal
  • Solgaleo
  • Primarina
  • Lycanroc-Midday
  • Keldeo
  • Raikou
  • Suicune
  • Glaceon
  • Shaymin-Sky
  • Terrakion
  • Reshiram
  • Tapu Koko
  • Celesteela
  • Samurott
  • Sawsbuck
  • Kartana
  • Lugia
Three hits so far, but so far, a good chunk of 'mons are going on, including ones I really want to win. Can only see what the next half does to the remainder.
"(And nothing for the Eeveelution...?)"

Not really, no. My order of Eeveelutions from favorite to least favorite:

Glaceon

Leafeon

Sylveon

Jolteon

Vaporeon

Espeon

Umbreon

Flareon

Anywho: Entries that I'm most happy for are Reshiram and Meloetta. Or should I say Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Hatsune Miku? But regardless, one's majestic and the other is elegant and sings.

Well from my nominations, those who made it to the next round:

Interesting enough, most of them are part-Steel type...

• Sharpedo
  • Klinkang
  • Registeel
  • Aegislash
  • Galvantula
  • Cradily
  • Scizor (Close call)

Those who didn't make it:

• Jiggly-puff (sniffs)
  • Scyther
  • Vibrava
  • Ninjask
  • Regice
  • Sigilyph

Those who haven't fought yet:

A Plethora of Obscure Pokemons!

• Doublade
  • Noivern
  • Omanyte
  • Claydol
  • Cryogonal
  • Beeheyem
  • Kingdra
  • Jumpluff
  • Ferrothorn
  • Regirock

I do hope that  one of my nominations can reach the semi-finals or finals, aside from that, I also root for Meloetta, the elegant singer with a voice as beautiful as the aurora....entertaining the audience....hope (she) can become the champion...

Some of them were close ones; others were wipes (clear-cut victory). But yeah, I'll have the last batch up tomorrow; I have some other stuff I need to do tonight and don't have the time to post the remainder. 

(Also need to update the OP with the batch I formally closed, and then filter those out into those moving on to round 2 and those having to fight in the loser bracket. You may consider the loser bracket as a second chance thing for 'mons who either got wiped this tournament by a long shot, or just missed it. Given the ties, there will be less than 128 'mons, but can just make some of those brackets have less competitors than usual.)

Archived