• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one was a worse batch, though I think Arcanine got dealt a bad hand in having being paired with Volcarona (which I'm aware that a lot of people like); otherwise it might've been fine. Terrakion lost big time, but that match it was in was pretty lopsided. Lugia and Glaceon went on, so that's something, I guess.

Last R1 should be up later (probably tonight or in the afternoon when I get home); as much as I'd post them during my break in 2 hours; I won't be home when they end.

I have 14/24 going on to round 2; though I had to force the tie for one of them. Some of the 'mons that lost barely missed it; others got flat-out trashed. 

(At least two of my commonly associated 'mons go on, so...)

====

That being said, let's see how LL1 goes for the 'mons who lost this round; a couple of them can probably get redemption; others will truly be gone.

Decided to look through my noms to see how many I had that made it.

[spoiler=Made it to Round 2:]

1. Vivillon
  2. Alolan Ninetales
  3. Alolan Marowak
  4. Victini
  5. Joltik
  6. Ditto
  7. Dhelmise
  8. Dunsparce
  9. Lanturn
  10. Braviary
  11. Goomy
  12. Heracross

[spoiler=Eliminated:]

1. Cinccino
  2. Xurkitree
  3. Minior
  4. Swoobat
  5. Porygon2
  6. Porygon
  7. Skrelp
  8. Octillery
  9. Solrock
  10. Lunatone
  11. Tapu Bulu
  12. Shuppet

When round 2 comes there, there will be some matches that have 5 nominations in them; however same rule applies: whoever has the top 2 scores moves on [or whomever gets in there]. 

As for the loser bracket, will be 8P (so double the size of this batch), but you will be allowed 4 votes (as they technically are 4 matches rolled into 1). Because there were ties in the normal bracket, some of these fights will have 7 (but same rules apply).

How many matches will be nonstandard will be determined based on how many are going to each; shown below.

[spoiler=Formulas]

4a + 5b = 142

a + b = 32

18 standard; 14 5P

7a + 8b = 114

a + b = 16

14 (7P); 2 standard (8P)

Well, I counted 142 winners for the standard bracket and 114 for the loser one; numbers are subject to be changed.

R2 / L1 will be up probably on the weekend. Need to randomize both lists.

I apologize for the delay between rounds, but blame that on coursework (reminder: I have a life outside this board) and sorting through the win/loss records. That being said, there are 144 'mons fighting in round 2, and the remaining 112 going to fight in L1.

This batch is 2-1 to 2-12.

Next batch will be 2-13 to 2-22, and L1-1 to L1-8

Final batch will be 2-23 to 2-32, and L1-9 to L1-16.

===

The L1 brackets will be 7 'mons (basically because 112 'mons in 16 matches factors perfectly into that; otherwise, it would be 8). Here, you may vote for 4 'mons (so twice as many as you are permitted to vote for in round 2). Top 4 move on to L2, and will fight whoever loses in round 2.

(I acknowledge that the tournament will last a lot longer, but this is also to be sure that noms get their fair shot, instead of being dealt shitty hands by the RNG [because it has a bad habit of doing this])

===

Batch 1 is up though, so vote. (If you opt to post, please make sure you write the minimum amount of words required [which you can do very easily]; I did say that there will be a post requirement so the tournament doesn't end up with spam posts)

Daaamn, many of my votes were disqualified this round, including my only 2 waifu  favorite "female" Pokemon, Tapu Lele and Pheromosa. Admittedly, my excitement towards this tournament dropped by a bunch; I really wanted Tapu Lele to win the tournament, or at least be among the finalist xD

Well, to be more accurate, about half my votes made it actually, like Quilava, Gastrodon, etc. but not all of them were my nominations, while most of my nominations this round were taken down, plus my favored candidates were Tapu Lele and Pheromosa so... yeah, big losses there.

If Tapu Lele / Pheromosa get through the loser bracket, they have a chance, but yeah.

Anyway, batch 2 of regulation matches and first half of the loser bracket are up. Yeah, it took a while to post them because Firefox decided to be shitty on me and take forever to load up / post the threads. The L-brackets don't have pictures for this round because yeah, I have to repost 56 sprite pics and I do have other things that I need to attend to. 

But that being said, go vote. 

• Standard matches are 2 votes max.
  • Loser brackets are 4 votes max.

You don't have to use all of them.

I lost Tapu Koko (though it got wiped), Yveltal in a close match and Sawsbuck died at the hands of Latias (another nom, and the other two). 

On the flip side, Shaymin-S and Terrakion survived to round L2, so...

A reminder that the loser bracket does exist as a second chance, but yeah, if you want to get back to the normal bracket, you'll have to win through the loser one first.

=====

Also a lot of three-way ties for second lately.  

Yeah, and I do apologize for the mix-up between Mandibuzz and Gourgeist in 2-18 (I think this was the one). Either way though, both did end up losing their respective matches. 

Rest of the guys I have left are in the final batch; how well those end up doing, we'll have to see. Same goes for everyone else. 

===

Whoever lost this round (in regulation) and won the loser bracket will be fighting in L2, so there's a chance to get redemption, but at the same time, it also means another chance to be disappointed if they lose again. 

Archived