• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final batch of matches only killed off Reshiram in a close one, but otherwise most of my noms this one survived. Think most of the carnage happened in the previous two.

Loser bracket did okay, bar the loss of Primarina.

At this time, all of the Tapus will be seeing each other in L2 because Tapu Koko lost earlier, and Fini bit the dust in this batch.

====

Will need to check the roster of what I got left (I know for certain Latias/Espeon/Lycanroc-Midday got through).

Yeah, I have to modify the OP (I'm probably going to just post the winners instead of the entire match pool.)

Also note that Celesteela is my nomination, but meh. (So one more for me)

That in mind, I better start randomizing Round 3 / L2 before summer school.

Oh I know just talking about...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-562345819

This team.

Alright, I updated the OP with the round 2 winners. Depending on how the sorting turns out, either I make it another 4P affair or we start doing the 2/3P fights. I'll add the loser bracket winners later because Firefox/computer is being stupid right now with lag.

You guys can check the matches for the other 'mons who got creamed.

====

Current survivors:

• Espeon
  • Latias
  • Lycanroc-Midday
  • Lugia
  • Samurott
  • Celesteela
  • Jolteon

Who died this round

• Xerneas (lost to Garchomp/Maractus; 1 vote)
  • Lucario (lost to Toxapex/PoryZ; 1 vote)
  • Tapu Koko (lost to Scolipede/Mawile)
  • Yveltal (lost to Ampharos/Phanphy/Lanturn; 1 vote)
  • Sawsbuck (lost to Latias/Milotic; RIP Rudy the Sawsbuck)
  • Glaceon (lost to Jolteon [nomination], Haxorus/Lilligant; 1 vote)
  • Reshiram (lost to Lycanroc-Midnight/Houndoom; 1 vote)

tl;dr, 5 of the 'mons that are getting sent to the loser bracket only needed another vote to get second place and move on; 2 of them ended up having to face another nomination. In all, half my stuff that made it to round 2 live another day.

Reminder that going to the loser bracket isn't the end of the world, but it just means that your 'mons will have a bigger match pool to fight in (and an added battle to become champion). I know this tournament will take a lot longer because of this bracket, but at the least, 'mons that get dealt shitty hands by the RNG get a chance at redemption.

I need to check which of my guys survived the first round of the loser bracket. I know I have 13 left in the main tourney

EDIT: list of my guys who survived round 1 of the loser bracket;
- Crabominable
- Celebi
- Umbreon
- Magmortar
- Salamence

5 out of 8 isn't bad quite frankly (with my 3 blokes who died this round, I have 8 left in the loser bracket)

My main tourney survivor list are on the first page

Just going to leave a note that I haven't forgotten about the tournament, but as I am doing summer school stuff at this time (well, next 5 weeks), I don't have as much time as I'd like to post them quickly. I will post the round 3 matches probably tomorrow or Saturday at latest; the L2 brackets will come up afterwards.

I will need to note that there are 81 participants scheduled for Round 3 fights; I may have to deviate from the match ordering listed on the OP, but it will be announced later.

====

So yeah, this is still going.

Matches 3-1 to 3-12 are up. Out of respect for Mirei's YACT stuff, I didn't post all of the matches I had planned on (which would've been 16 this period, and the remainder later). That being said, I did consider making this another 4P affair because of time constraints, but yeah.

3-13 to 3-22 will be next period, along with first half of L2, and the last bunch after that.

====

So yeah, this is standard fare from here on out; vote once and you're done. Also a reminder that the word requirement for vote posts will be strictly enforced, though you guys have been good on it for the most part.

Lugia survived to round 4 thankfully, but Lycanroc lost (although it can at least go out knowing it tied with Serperior, which I felt would give it a hard time, and technically did). At least the loser bracket exists, however it's not as appealing. 

I still have two of my main noms to worry about though in the later matches. (Speaking of which, they will be up later in the week)

Damage report for nominations in batch 2; Espeon lost by a narrow margin [idk if being in a 2P match would've boosted/hindered its chances, but yeah]; other two were screwed over. So yeah, only ones who haven't fought are Latias and Jolteon. 

I still need to update the OP with the match results from the first match; again, only will be winners due to time constraints. I may put off the third batch of regulation fights and just start Round L2. Need to randomize the list because I haven't gotten to it yet.

Think Lilligant was responsible for beating another nomination earlier, so will need to check the matches. Maractus was responsible for some stuff earlier, but Metagross beat it. As for Aggron, yeah.

There's still the loser bracket, yeah, but staying in the main one gives a safety cushion in case something does go wrong.

As much as I'd like to have some optimism that the last two noms I have will survive their matches, chances are that they'll get creamed. I at least have one nom going to round 4, but yeah, RNG has been more of a jabroni this tournament than it has been in the past. We'll see how it goes.

So yeah, no more UBs/Tapus in the main bracket, and think a chunk of the high tier 'mons got wiped out because of design reasons and various other factors that don't correlate to competitive viability (but that's the user's opinion and they have a right to vote however they please).

====

Loser bracket 2 will likely be a 4P thing, similar to what the first two matches of regulation have been. You'll be permitted to vote for 2 'mons, but as I haven't counted the total number of participants, this may change. I think a little less than the size of the whole Round 3 bracket, so...

Archived